My **** experience with Xbox one

Discus and support My **** experience with Xbox one in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; The xbox one is by far the worst gaming ever made, like why do you have to install games from discs when you already bought the disc, and why do you... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by OshaneTackore, Oct 22, 2017.

1. My **** experience with Xbox one

The xbox one is by far the worst gaming ever made, like why do you have to install games from discs when you already bought the disc, and why do you need the damn disc to play the game after it’s been installed, and why is 200 gb of storage already used
    up it’s so stupid it’s ridiculous. I I might return mine and get a ps4 or something, now you lose that excitement when you’re getting new games because now you can get a game and expect to play it that same evening, because you’d have to wait through a freaking
    50 or 60 gb depending on the game install and because Xbox is stupid I think they cap the internet speed on the downloads so it’s gonna be early the next morning before I actually get to play ****. It’s a really stupid console I hate it with a freaking passion.

:)

OshaneTackore, Oct 22, 2017
  2. brandiesel1
    brandiesel1 Guest
    Experiences with Xbox One

^^ Same here.

I haven't had any issues. I only use the Kinect for game DVR commands.

In my opinion the controller feels nice in your hands, but it feels cheap. It seem that if I dropped it, it would break into a million pieces. I keep my PS3 controller out for my 7 year old to watch Netflix and he drops that on the hardwood floor all the
    time and it works perfectly. That wouldn't happen with the x1 controller.

brandiesel1, Oct 22, 2017
  3. Experiences with Xbox One

I've enjoyed my Day one Xbox One since the word go. A Special Console.

Fatalshock8912, Oct 22, 2017
  4. Smwutches
    Smwutches Guest

FYI, PS4 is the same about installing discs.

Smwutches, Oct 22, 2017
  5. KindGryphon
    KindGryphon Guest
    Ps4 works the exact same way.

KindGryphon, Oct 24, 2017
  6. Daft Badger
    Daft Badger Guest
    Blu-ray disc drives can not read the game discs fast enough which is why you have to install a game before playing it,it's the same with the PS4.

You still need to insert the disc to verify you own the game otherwise people would just buy a game,install it & then lend the game to a friend,they could install it & give the game disc to another friend & so on.Only one person would buy the game.It;s
    the same on the PS4.

The 200gb already used is for the consoles operating system,it's the same on the PS4.

If you are downloading any updates at the same time as installing the game then it will take longer ,that's down to your broadband speed.

Install the disc while offline first then download any updates after but it will still take a while if your broadband speed is poor.

Never taken longer than about 45 minutes at the most for me to install a game.

Daft Badger, Oct 25, 2017
  7. Another reason besides what was given by Daft Badger is that Blu-ray discs only hold a capacity of between 25 GB for single layer and 50 GB for dual layer so games that are more then 60 GB wont be able to fully fit on one disc. Like Daft Badger said it comes
    down to licensing if you buy a game digitally that game license goes with your profile that's why you need to either be signed in with that profile to play the game or have the console set as home console for the profile that owns the game for other players
    to play the digital game. The license for disc games go with the disc itself so when you go to start a game that is installed on your console the first thing the console does is look to see if you have a digital license for it if you don't then it looks for
    a disc in the disc drive with the game on it if it does then it loads the game for you if neither one of those are present that's when you get the error "are you sure you own this game if so sign in with the account that purchased the game or insert disc"

steeledwand7664, Oct 31, 2017
  8. My **** experience with Xbox one

With PS4 and XBox 1 you need to install the game from the disc to the HDD, this has been this way since this generation launch.

the Operating System needs some space to install to, just like on a Android phone and on a Windows Computer, this also applies to PS4.

Most download speed are capped at around 200mb I believe. (but this can be lower due to server load as well)

As to the capping of Sony download speeds, check Google,you may find people complaining that the download speed is capped at 30-40mb.

I hope this clarifies some things for you.

DIPDIP0TAT0CH1P, Jul 2, 2018
  9. cMonry
    cMonry Guest
    You still need a disc when starting the game for the console to check the license (that you didn't sell the game). Games install from discs pretty quick, but when you buy digitally it depends mostly on your internet connection speed. Unfortunately for you,
    the biggest competitor of Xbox works the same exact way.

cMonry, Nov 1, 2018
  10. brandiesel1 Win User

^^ Same here.

I haven't had any issues. I only use the Kinect for game DVR commands.

In my opinion the controller feels nice in your hands, but it feels cheap. It seem that if I dropped it, it would break into a million pieces. I keep my PS3 controller out for my 7 year old to watch Netflix and he drops that on the hardwood floor all the
    time and it works perfectly. That wouldn't happen with the x1 controller.
  11. Fatalshock8912 Win User

I've enjoyed my Day one Xbox One since the word go. A Special Console.
  12. DIPDIP0TAT0CH1P Win User

With PS4 and XBox 1 you need to install the game from the disc to the HDD, this has been this way since this generation launch.

the Operating System needs some space to install to, just like on a Android phone and on a Windows Computer, this also applies to PS4.

Most download speed are capped at around 200mb I believe. (but this can be lower due to server load as well)

As to the capping of Sony download speeds, check Google,you may find people complaining that the download speed is capped at 30-40mb.

I hope this clarifies some things for you.
  13. Daft Badger Win User

Blu-ray disc drives can not read the game discs fast enough which is why you have to install a game before playing it,it's the same with the PS4.

You still need to insert the disc to verify you own the game otherwise people would just buy a game,install it & then lend the game to a friend,they could install it & give the game disc to another friend & so on.Only one person would buy the game.It;s
    the same on the PS4.

The 200gb already used is for the consoles operating system,it's the same on the PS4.

If you are downloading any updates at the same time as installing the game then it will take longer ,that's down to your broadband speed.

Install the disc while offline first then download any updates after but it will still take a while if your broadband speed is poor.

Never taken longer than about 45 minutes at the most for me to install a game.
  14. KindGryphon Win User

Ps4 works the exact same way.
Thema:

1. My **** experience with Xbox one - Similar Threads - **** experience

2. New Features and Experiences for skip ahead

in XboX Insiders
    New Features and Experiences for skip ahead: New Features and Experiences We have exciting news! Alpha Skip-Ahead users can expect something new coming to their Xbox Update Preview. Settings – Access Restrictions We have added two new...
  3. Repair center experience

in XBoX on Consoles
    Repair center experience: I wanted to start a discussion regarding the repair service through Microsoft. I sent a Xbox elite series 2 controller in for repair for the trigger on the right side not working properly. I...
  4. How do I get the "Level Up Your Gaming Experience" message to stop showing up every time I...

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I get the "Level Up Your Gaming Experience" message to stop showing up every time I...: I've answered this every way possible and I still get the message every single time I turn on my Xbox. Please make it stop! [img] *Moved from Gaming and Xbox / Other*...
  5. Why does xbox not follow the user agreement and help make gaming a better experience for...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does xbox not follow the user agreement and help make gaming a better experience for...: Grand theft auto 5 has numerous of cheaters i jus got done playing with one who was using a god mode cheat to kill everyone i even took several clips of the person doing so. Their account on gta...
  6. Has anyone had experience with using rewards points to redeem gamepass, but also get billed?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Has anyone had experience with using rewards points to redeem gamepass, but also get billed?: I had auto redeem set up for gamepass, but I'm also getting charged at the same time. I no longer even see the auto redeem option, but I'm still getting my points taken out. This has been going on...
  7. Does anyone else experience a weird "clicking" sound when playing Xbox 360 games while on...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Does anyone else experience a weird "clicking" sound when playing Xbox 360 games while on...: Hey, i have been experiencing an odd clicking/crackling sound on my new Xbox Series X. games include Fallout New Vegas and Far Cry 2. The sound seems to stop if i switch to mono, but I'd like to...
  8. How do I get the "Level Up Your Gaming Experience" message to stop showing up every time I...

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I get the "Level Up Your Gaming Experience" message to stop showing up every time I...: I've answered this every way possible and I still get the message every single time I turn on my Xbox. Please make it stop! [img] a3c7bdb7-cc8d-4c64-869f-6ea01eb9e3ca
  9. An in-game multiplayer event that affected-ruined my game experience

in XboX Insiders
    An in-game multiplayer event that affected-ruined my game experience: I do not understand fully what and how it happened so this post is about gathering info related to the event. Here is what happened: The game specifically I'm talking about is State Of Decay 2 I...
  10. Anyone else experience this?

in XBoX on Windows
    Anyone else experience this?: I’m having two Microsoft charges each to to the amount of £27.99. Which were passed to O2. I am not aware of any purchase in the past 2 months. 9ceeb15f-c80f-4fe0-977a-7e00e80cc528