My experience with Xbox Cloud Gaming without Dynamic Touch Screen Controls

Discus and support My experience with Xbox Cloud Gaming without Dynamic Touch Screen Controls in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I play Minecraft Dungeons with a hat pointer. Which is a stylus attached to a rod, which is attached to my hat. I try to play other games on the Xbox... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Tristen Onofry, Jun 29, 2022.

1. My experience with Xbox Cloud Gaming without Dynamic Touch Screen Controls

I play Minecraft Dungeons with a hat pointer. Which is a stylus attached to a rod, which is attached to my hat. I try to play other games on the Xbox Cloud Gaming system, but the games don't have touch screen controls or a combination of buttons to play with one body part or pointer besides mobile games with dynamic touch screen controls. This is crazy to consider that people with disabilities have limitations in gaming while switching between different platforms or controllers to a keyboard and mouse is usually the hardest thing to do. When seeing AAA games getting the basic principles of touch screen controls instead of dynamic touch screen controls after the game is brought over from controllers to keyboards and mouse support. It is very hard to understand why game developers haven't made dynamic touch screen controls a requirement for their games in the 20th century. So many people need these types of touch screen options to play with friends and family or play what they want to play without worrying about what platform or controller will work for that one game.

I have tried to play with the Xbox Adaptive Controller and I enjoyed playing with it for a little bit. This is because it is a big deal to set it up for one game. This brings me back to my point of switching between controllers. I have been exposed to an application that is called Cloverplay on Reddit at https://www.reddit.com/r/xcloud/com...?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3, but I use an iPad Pro which is not supported without rooting the app to your iPad. Another issue with Cloverplay is that it doesn't have options to “combine buttons to play with one body part or pointer” as related to my first issue. The game developers should make Dynamic Touch Screen Controls a requirement for their games just like how controllers and keyboards and mice are. I would like to see game developers take dynamic touch screen controls to the next phase in gaming.

:)

Tristen Onofry, Jun 29, 2022
  2. Dylan_904 Win User

I know you guys say your servers are limited and you guys are in beta (not a demo)

Aint Gonna Play Cloud Gaming If They Wont Let Me Use Xbox Controller Or Touch Screen
  3. Tristen Onofry Win User

Xbox remote play with touch controls like cloud gaming

Yes, but I have a disability and I use a hat pointer which is a stylus attached to a rod, which is attached to my hat to play games. I know that “20%” of gamers on cloud gaming only use touch screen controls. These controls are what I count on to play old and new games. I hope that you guys don't make touch screen controls only for cloud gaming.
  4. Dylan_904 Win User

I know you guys say your servers are limited and you guys are in beta (not a demo)

Im On Cloud Gaming Right Now Today And Uh Wth Happened. My Controller Isn't Working In Fortnite, Its Connected But Cloud Gaming barely notices it. and TOUCH SCREEN CONTROLS DONT WORK THEY DONT EXIST ANYMORE
  5. andersonpassos Win User

Touch controls no longer appear Fortnite Xbox Cloud Gaming

Thank you for contact us! I'm Anderson, an Independent Consultant and a Microsoft user like you.

good evening

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with the touch controls in Fortnite on Xbox Cloud Gaming. There could be a few different issues causing this problem.

Make sure that touch controls are enabled in the game. In Fortnite, you can enable touch controls by going to the "Settings" menu, selecting "Controls," and then selecting "Touch." From here, you can customize the touch controls and make sure that they are enabled.

Check that touch controls are enabled in the Xbox Cloud Gaming app. To do this, go to the "Settings" menu in the app, select "Controls," and then make sure that "Touch" is selected as the control scheme.

Restart the Xbox Cloud Gaming app and try again. Sometimes, simply restarting the app can resolve issues with touch controls.

Check for updates to the Xbox Cloud Gaming app or Fortnite. Sometimes, updates can fix bugs or other issues that might be causing problems with touch controls. To check for updates, go to the "Settings" menu in the Xbox Cloud Gaming app, select "System," then "console info & updates," and then select "check for updates."
  6. K.R-S Win User

Disable Touch controller on remote play?

Hi ,

Thank you for your contribution to the Microsoft Community.

We understand that you need help with disabling the touch control. We do have a support article for guide how to Use Xbox touch controls with cloud gaming or remote play.

You may check this support article for more information: Use Xbox touch controls with cloud gaming or remote play | Xbox Support

[​IMG]

I hope this will help you. We look forward for your response.

Regards,
    RichieB_
    Microsoft Community Moderator
    Thanks for the reply, but unfortunately this doesn't solve my problem.

I read this article before posting. And there isn't any information on disabling the touch controls.

The article only covers setup (if games are compatible), and resize/configuring layout.

I'm looking to make these touch control icons to go away for good, without connecting a controller directly to the mobile device.

This wasn't an issue until the last Xbox App update.

Before, I could simple select "continue anyway" (or "keep going without controller"). But now it just pops the touch controller on-screen without the option to opt out.
Thema:

My experience with Xbox Cloud Gaming without Dynamic Touch Screen Controls

1. My experience with Xbox Cloud Gaming without Dynamic Touch Screen Controls - Similar Threads - experience Cloud Gaming

2. Microsoft’s chat filter is ruining my gaming experience

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Microsoft’s chat filter is ruining my gaming experience: Hello all, I’ve been a gold member for about 17 years, even longer with original Xbox but switched accounts when the 360 released. I have been playing ark ascended recently and I literally can’t...
  3. Get To Know Our Team: Andrew - Customer Experience Manager

in XboX Insiders
    Get To Know Our Team: Andrew - Customer Experience Manager: [IMG] submitted by /u/wynnXIP [link] [comments]
  4. New Features and Experiences for skip ahead

in XboX Insiders
    New Features and Experiences for skip ahead: New Features and Experiences We have exciting news! Alpha Skip-Ahead users can expect something new coming to their Xbox Update Preview. Settings – Access Restrictions We have added two new...
  5. Repair center experience

in XBoX on Consoles
    Repair center experience: I wanted to start a discussion regarding the repair service through Microsoft. I sent a Xbox elite series 2 controller in for repair for the trigger on the right side not working properly. I...
  6. How do I get the "Level Up Your Gaming Experience" message to stop showing up every time I...

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I get the "Level Up Your Gaming Experience" message to stop showing up every time I...: I've answered this every way possible and I still get the message every single time I turn on my Xbox. Please make it stop! [img] *Moved from Gaming and Xbox / Other*...
  7. Why does xbox not follow the user agreement and help make gaming a better experience for...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does xbox not follow the user agreement and help make gaming a better experience for...: Grand theft auto 5 has numerous of cheaters i jus got done playing with one who was using a god mode cheat to kill everyone i even took several clips of the person doing so. Their account on gta...
  8. Has anyone had experience with using rewards points to redeem gamepass, but also get billed?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Has anyone had experience with using rewards points to redeem gamepass, but also get billed?: I had auto redeem set up for gamepass, but I'm also getting charged at the same time. I no longer even see the auto redeem option, but I'm still getting my points taken out. This has been going on...
  9. Does anyone else experience a weird "clicking" sound when playing Xbox 360 games while on...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Does anyone else experience a weird "clicking" sound when playing Xbox 360 games while on...: Hey, i have been experiencing an odd clicking/crackling sound on my new Xbox Series X. games include Fallout New Vegas and Far Cry 2. The sound seems to stop if i switch to mono, but I'd like to...
  10. How do I get the "Level Up Your Gaming Experience" message to stop showing up every time I...

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I get the "Level Up Your Gaming Experience" message to stop showing up every time I...: I've answered this every way possible and I still get the message every single time I turn on my Xbox. Please make it stop! [img] a3c7bdb7-cc8d-4c64-869f-6ea01eb9e3ca