My entire Microsoft account got hacked and I have no way of knowing the current email.

Discus and support My entire Microsoft account got hacked and I have no way of knowing the current email. in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Essentially, I had pulled a couple of all nighters back to back to back and in the morning I clicked on a phisher link that took my Microsoft account.... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Derrick Lai_17, Feb 19, 2023.

1. My entire Microsoft account got hacked and I have no way of knowing the current email.

Essentially, I had pulled a couple of all nighters back to back to back and in the morning I clicked on a phisher link that took my Microsoft account. The hacker changed the email from mine to a separate email and then swapped it again from that email to what I would assume is his main email. I have no way of knowing the current email that the account currently has and all I know is that my Minecraft account is still connected to it. On my Minecraft account I have about $700 worth of stuff (its in-game items that if was equated to a real life value) and thousands of hours. If there's any way to get back my account please help me out. It has also been a couple months since this happened since I eventually gave up on the Microsoft "live AI support call" which was absolutely terrible and provided me with no help. This is also a problem that has been experienced by a lot of other people and not just me.

To summarize, my account was stolen through a phisher link, the email was changed from my email to the hackers secondary email and then changed to his main email so I don't know what email the account is currently linked to, I tried the support call and it was no help, and I have little to no information on the account as of this moment.

:)

Derrick Lai_17, Feb 19, 2023
  2. Georges C. Win User

My entire Microsoft account got hacked and I have no way of knowing the current email.

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello Derrick, I am sorry to know that you have lost your account, in such cases you have two options, the first is to try to recover your account using the account recovery form below.

Recover your account

https://account.live.com/acsr

Help with the Microsoft account recovery form

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/account-bil...

If you cannot recover your account using the form, the ideal is to contact Xbox Customer Service via chat and request an ATO (Account Takeover), this is because this forum is public viewing and unfortunately as independent consultants we do not have access there is some data and procedures that Xbox Support has.

However, ATO is a similar procedure to the online form, but done by a Microsoft agent, it will need as much information as possible for you to do the procedure.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/contact-us

Here in the community we are independent consultants, so we do not have access to the same information and tools that support has.

Each account recovery case is unique, and if you request the ATO, you must wait for a response from Microsoft's investigation department.
  3. CorinWard Win User

Account Hacked and Email changed

The problem is its my entire microsoft account that has been hacked but theres no category for that on the forums. I tried both those pages but as my email has been changed there's no way to troubleshoot. I can easily prove my account as I can prove access
    to the initial set up email, card numbers and my identity.
  4. Gabriel Torreirode M Win User

Merge purchases and game saves from an educational email to my personal email

Unfortunately, MS don't allow you to change the primary email due to the risk of fraud, hacking and whatnot...if they allowed it, then a hacked account could then have it's address changed
    I'm technically going to be "hacked", or someone else won't have access to Microsoft services.

As they're going to disable my account, any new student that comes and gets assigned to my handle (which is automatically generated through the users initials), anyone else can end up with the same login account as I do.

So someone else will have my email, at some period of time. Either I'll have to delete this @cin.ufpe.br account entirely, thus losing my game saves and purchases, or someone else owning the current handle will be unable to access Microsoft services, up to and including MSDN.

I just want to port everything to my current account, which has a similar handle. I fully understand the reason you pointed out, but there must be an exception for cases like these.
  5. sumaira atif Win User

I can't log in to minecraft

so what had happened was i think i got hacked and someone deleted my entire microsoft account, when i remade it it says i don't own it (i made it with the same email address i bought it on). i understand if it looks like im trying to get a free minecraft account but i still have my transaction ID from my prepaid card
  6. Sparsh Chauhan Win User

"Microsoft account does not exist" (Please help, I need it back ASAP)

hello so i also encountered this problem and then i got to know that an unknown account was associated to my email and then i got to know that my email was hacked i tried the recovery form but till then the hacker had changed everything then microsoft said they cant do anything very bad service btw.
Thema:

1. My entire Microsoft account got hacked and I have no way of knowing the current email. - Similar Threads - entire Microsoft account

2. Xcloud WILL ANYONE EVER PLAY THE ENTIRE GAME LIBRARY THEY OWN ALREADY ON THE CLOUD ANYTIME...

in XboX Insiders
    Xcloud WILL ANYONE EVER PLAY THE ENTIRE GAME LIBRARY THEY OWN ALREADY ON THE CLOUD ANYTIME...: WILL ANYONE EVER PLAY THE ENTIRE GAME LIBRARY THEY OWN ALREADY ON THE CLOUD ANYTIME ANYWHERE??? WHY IS THIS NOT AVAILABLE??? submitted by /u/Puzzleheaded_Ring638 [link] [comments]
  3. Series X made loud pop/crackling sound and filled my entire room with a burning plastic smell

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X made loud pop/crackling sound and filled my entire room with a burning plastic smell: the xbox still works and nothing changed on the screen when it happened but i’ve kept it off and unplugged just in case. I just got this on christmas so i don’t know why it’s having serious...
  4. Is there a way I can turn off messaging entirely for child xbox accounts?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there a way I can turn off messaging entirely for child xbox accounts?: I would like to turn off the ability to view, send and receive messages/chats on XBOXs for my Children Accounts. I had tried turning off the feature in privacy settings on the portal but they can...
  5. (Xbox one series) installing game keeps knocking out my entire wifi.

in XboX Insiders
    (Xbox one series) installing game keeps knocking out my entire wifi.: I’m trying to install Starfield on my new Xbox series S and it’ll start installing about 2%, then kick off the wifi on every device in the house. Whenever I pause the download, the wifi worked...
  6. Upgraded to a Series S finally and now my entire game collection is irrelevant?

in XboX Insiders
    Upgraded to a Series S finally and now my entire game collection is irrelevant?: So I just assumed that all of my installed disc games would be re downloadable through the “Owned Games” section like a dumbass without looking into this in advance. Just to confirm, if I owned...
  7. How do i disable create new desktop? or just the entire desktop thing in general

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do i disable create new desktop? or just the entire desktop thing in general: Every single time i use ctrl in a video game i fatfinger windows and open a new virtual desktop. please help me find a way to disable this horrible feature. bd5498ed-7b61-4a96-9a0e-b5f76a1d7b8c
  8. I need to change email entirely, not just the "alias"

in XBoX Accessibility
    I need to change email entirely, not just the "alias": I tried doing the "alias" email in support. But all it did was replace the old email name, with the new one. The new name still logs me into the old emails inbox. That account was hacked and I do...
  9. How do I delete my Xbox live account without deleting my entire Microsoft account?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I delete my Xbox live account without deleting my entire Microsoft account?: I created an Xbox live account like 5 years ago so I could play on my ex's console, but we broke up like 6 months later and I totally forgot about the account until I randomly started getting...
  10. Can I change the email of only the Xbox account and not the entire Microsoft account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can I change the email of only the Xbox account and not the entire Microsoft account?: Since I was little, I used my dad's account to play games and such and over the years I've built up a lot of progress and spent a lot of money on this account. Now that my little brother is old...