My email has been changed and now I can't access the account!!! What can I do?!

Discus and support My email has been changed and now I can't access the account!!! What can I do?! in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; My children's xbox was set up in January and has been fine.. its been off for over a week plugged in back in Saturday for them to play and the email... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by stephaineLC, Mar 6, 2023.

1. stephaineLC
    stephaineLC Guest

My children's xbox was set up in January and has been fine.. its been off for over a week plugged in back in Saturday for them to play and the email address ie wrong, it's asking to send a code for.security verification but I can't edit the email address! Obviously all my children's games, xbox live and data is all linked to that account! What can I do to recover it?

:)

stephaineLC, Mar 6, 2023
  2. Rostom L Win User

Hi stephaineLC. Sorry to hear about what happened. This is clearly not the situation I want you to be in.

Just to confirm, are you able see the new email address that's linked to your children's account. If it was replaced by a new one, you cannot use your their own email address to recover their account. You must know the current email address of their account in order to begin the account recovery.

If you knew the current email, you may try to reset the account password through https://account.live.com/pw
    ***Make sure to sign out any account signed in to https://account.microsoft.com website before starting an account recovery.

If it doesn’t work, try to fill out the account recovery form on https://account.live.com/acsr

You may also use the Microsoft’s interactive tool here https://support.microsoft.com/account-billing/h...
  3. PraetoriSamurai Win User

Changing Email without Email

I know what the email is that is connected to the xbox account but that email has been deleted by the service provider for inactivity. The only thing I don't know is the password and I can't reset it because the email has been deleted. What I am wondering is if someone at Microsoft can change that email to my email that actually works so that I can reset the password similar to what they did with my Mojang account.
  4. The 1 Behind Ya Win User

Why do I have to pay to unlock my account???

Sorry it's not a billing issue. My account has been stolen, and Microsoft support has charged me to restore my accounts but that didn't happen. Now I can't access anything to do with the email address and my Live account has been stolen?? As of right now
    I can't even log on to my PC and support is once again trying to fix it. How was this my fault, and why am I being charges?
  5. FancyBadge0035 Win User

Original email associated with new gamertag

My account has been changed to my original email but I still can't access to the Drumkombat gamertag through xbox one. Does anyone have any more ideas? I think I will have to ring them as its getting to be a problem now.
  6. muneeb ijaz Win User

What to do if my email has been used to make 2 Xbox accounts?

The thing is I don’t have access to the email used when creating the original Xbox account, the account was created around 9 years ago and my email has changed from the one used on my Xbox account. It was never an issue as the password was always working. I do have access to the recovery email but there hasn’t been an email there detailing security changes. What should I do moving forward? Im not sure how to cancel my Xbox game pass subscription as I can’t login to the original account to cancel it.
Thema:

1. My email has been changed and now I can't access the account!!! What can I do?! - Similar Threads - email has been

2. How do I recover an Xbox account when the email has been deleted, is this possible or have...

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I recover an Xbox account when the email has been deleted, is this possible or have...: I recently had an Xbox account permanently sign me out and realized the email used to create it has been deleted, is there anyway to recover my account without it. All the Microsoft support seems...
  3. My email domain has been deleted, so I can't receive emails to log into my account

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My email domain has been deleted, so I can't receive emails to log into my account: would I be able to change the email address on my Minecraft account? 40971e61-dad9-4dec-9cb6-8714e5320f04
  4. What to do if my email has been used to make 2 Xbox accounts?

in XBoX Accessibility
    What to do if my email has been used to make 2 Xbox accounts?: After a few months of not gaming, I decided to hop on Xbox but was unable to sign in, I did a password reset but still couldn’t login. From the help center there were 2 options. 1, restart Xbox....
  5. My account has been hacked and the default email has been changed and i cant use the normal...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My account has been hacked and the default email has been changed and i cant use the normal...: So the title explains most of my issues as my gmail was first hacked and then my Microsoft. I can log-in using my device password but i can't log in using my email as it says account doesnt exist....
  6. My primary alias has been changed to an unrecognized email

in XBoX Accessibility
    My primary alias has been changed to an unrecognized email: Recently on October 22th I got a notification from my email telling me the following: I think I have been hacked because the email that is has been changed to I do not recognize at all. I tried...
  7. my minecraft account has been hacked he changed my account email and password. Please tell...

in XBoX Accessibility
    my minecraft account has been hacked he changed my account email and password. Please tell...: my minecraft account has been hacked he changed my account email and password. Please tell me what to do i tried the microsoft support but it is not working 1bc71b3e-94ed-44e9-8339-2aab49494ec3
  8. A new account has been created for the same email on my pc

in XBoX Accessibility
    A new account has been created for the same email on my pc: I've been playing on my Xbox for a while and got a pc just under a year ago, recently tried to log in on the Xbox app on pc using the email I use for my Xbox and it has created an entirely new...
  9. am i able to get my microsoft account back after it has been hacked and my email address...

in XBoX Accessibility
    am i able to get my microsoft account back after it has been hacked and my email address...: My gmail was used without my knowledge by a random person who switched my microsoft account email and password, i have no way of getting into the account anymore, anytime i try to use my email...
  10. Is there a way to transfer all Xbox data to another email, my microsoft account has been...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Is there a way to transfer all Xbox data to another email, my microsoft account has been...: Today there have been hundreds of sign-in attempts made to my microsoft account, i changed password and added a 2-factor authentication but i would like to close the account and move all of my...