My download always instantly pauses+ the game tried to install twice and I cannot get rid...

Discus and support My download always instantly pauses+ the game tried to install twice and I cannot get rid... in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; So I was attempting to install the Master Chief Collection via Gamepass for PC, and instantly after the download finished and the installation finished... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Naskathedragon, Jun 17, 2021.

1. My download always instantly pauses+ the game tried to install twice and I cannot get rid...

So I was attempting to install the Master Chief Collection via Gamepass for PC, and instantly after the download finished and the installation finished Gamepass instantly added a duplicate download to the list of the exact same item, same size (179 Gigs). Except the second one instantly jumped to like 28% complete and then said "Paused" and no matter how many times I press resume it flicks back to paused basically a few frames later.

I thought this wouldnt be a problem if I could still play the installed version of the game. But I cannot, despite being 179 gigs and containing every required file, each game still throws up the message "You need to install the (Reach, ODST etc) DLC to play."

I tried to uninstall the game via gamepass and try again. Gamepass said the game was successfully uninstalled and no longer shows up in my games library, however the game insntantly finished installing as soon as I pressed download and then added a second copy of MCC to download *again*.

This is because the Gamepass "Program Files" directory on my drive still contains the data for MCC twice (for close to 400 gigs...) and the file cannot be changed or edited in any way, even by Command prompts or external file management programs.

This is not the first time this has happened, MCC had this same problem before where the only way to pry its broken files that refused to delete was to format my damn computer to save it from half a TB of broken unplayable halo.

Does anyone know how I might fix this without having to format my drive again?

submitted by /u/Naskathedragon
    [link] [comments]

/u/Naskathedragon, Jun 17, 2021
  2. xjoeyxclarkx Win User

External Hard Drive problem

I have this same issue. My games are digital as well and I really don't want to download them all again.

I noticed that even if you download a game again to get rid of the 'Pause Installation' option, it can come back again in the future if there is another update.
  3. oNeShOt1kil0000 Win User

Ryse mandatory update not installing

I too had the same problem. I didn't realize that there was a paused installation I couldn't get rid of Until earlier yesterday. No matter how many times you select resume installation it stays paused. And the red install bar In the game stayed at 75% I
    done a factory reset, that took care of the paused install and installed the game with no connection. Works fine for me now.
  4. GalacticPilgrim Win User

bought and paid for digital games but are not downloading

@Fetching, have you tried making sure theyre not paused or that the games dont need to update first? I've had a game i tried to install, not download untill it was updated before
  5. Not Pudgy Win User

Forza Horizon 5 - Won't Install from Xbox with Game Pass

Mateus,

Thank you for the quick reply. I actually tried this before seeing your response and found that the game had already started downloading, but was paused. There must be an issue because the paused download was not showing under Manage Installs.

Thank you again for your assistance.
  6. AdamYeti Win User

Xbox app for pc beta - download bugged and now cannot remove the file.

In order to get rid of the corrupted download, try using one of the disk cleanup tools that come with Windows. They tend to look for any incomplete downloads and delete them to free up space.

Also, in the future, there is a pause button in the Microsoft store so you can pause the download before shutting your computer down. That way it won't get corrupted. Best of luck!
Thema:

My download always instantly pauses+ the game tried to install twice and I cannot get rid...

1. My download always instantly pauses+ the game tried to install twice and I cannot get rid... - Similar Threads - download always instantly

2. When is Xbox Live backwards compatibility going to get fixed. I can't connect or download...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When is Xbox Live backwards compatibility going to get fixed. I can't connect or download...: I have tried reset my Xbox and deleting my games. Tried upnp and Dmz and port forwarding on my router. I have also tried WiFi on my Xbox and still no luck. Any info would be appreciated. Ian...
  3. Why is the download speed on xbox 360 0.01 mbps?!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is the download speed on xbox 360 0.01 mbps?!: I hooked up my 360 so i can play while my xbox one is being used and i have a few games that are not compatible on the new gens but its taking sooo long to download anything and its downloading at...
  4. Why can't I download a game from the Minecraft marketplace that I have already bought?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't I download a game from the Minecraft marketplace that I have already bought?: Hi, I am on PC wanting to play one block that I bought from the marketplace about a year and a half ago but when I try and download it, it stays on 0 percent. I have tried multiple methods to fix...
  5. Download speed issues...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Download speed issues...: I have a 1gb connection, wired to my Xbox x and I usually get 200-400mbps download. Lately I have only been getting 70mbps and lower, doesn't matter what time I try, morning, day, middle of the...
  6. Microsoft store is always downloading for no reason

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft store is always downloading for no reason: Hello so im having this problem it always happen ever since last month. My Microsoft store keeps updating on Xbox whenever it hits 100% it dosent complete the download im getting really annoyed...
  7. Starfield download always stops at 45.6 gb and get error code 0x87e00005,whats going on?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Starfield download always stops at 45.6 gb and get error code 0x87e00005,whats going on?: I have been attempting to download starfield for the past week on PC Game Pass and every time it stops working at 45.6GB of 117GB and drops to 0 B/s with error code 0x87e00005. I have tried "reset...
  8. When try to download a game, it always shows error code 0x80070490

in XBoX Games and Apps
    When try to download a game, it always shows error code 0x80070490: I have subscribe xbox game pass for xbox PC games. However, when I try to download any games on xbox windows app, it always shows error code 0x80070490. I checked that my windows system and the...
  9. My Xbox 360 Backwards Compatibility will not let me download my profile. Always...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Xbox 360 Backwards Compatibility will not let me download my profile. Always...: I've tried various fixes posted online here and on Reddit for this issue to no avail. When I launch an Xbox 360 title on my Xbox series x I always am stuck at the Xbox 360 screen for 2 to 5...
  10. Is it common for an 360 S, to always read at a 0.01 download speed?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is it common for an 360 S, to always read at a 0.01 download speed?: So I’m back with a repeat question, as it doesn’t seem to have anything to do with an isp issue. But I recently switched to another isp, for a totally unrelated reason, other than we can get up to...