My disc keeps on saying “we need to read the license. If the disc is already in, check to...

Discus and support My disc keeps on saying “we need to read the license. If the disc is already in, check to... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I kept on trying and it’s still not working I have tried everything 59964626-ce61-4be2-a91a-45f6642cc1a2 Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Trinedee Henderson, Feb 12, 2023.

1. My disc keeps on saying “we need to read the license. If the disc is already in, check to...

I kept on trying and it’s still not working I have tried everything

:)

Trinedee Henderson, Feb 12, 2023
  2. Francia J. Win User

My disc keeps on saying “we need to read the license. If the disc is already in, check to see if it’s dirty or scratched. (0x82d4004)

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

According to Xbox support:

'This may mean we’re having trouble checking usage rights."

Here's the recommended steps:

"Insert the game disc. Even though the game might already be installed on this Xbox, we need the physical disc to check the license before we can launch it.

If the disc is already loaded, see if it’s dirty or scratched. If needed, wipe the disc with a soft, clean, slightly damp cloth. Hold the disc by the edges without touching the top or bottom faces.

Then re-insert it and try launching again."

Please perform a powercycle as well:

POWERCYCLE CONSOLE​​​

​​​

1. Turn off your console by holding the Xbox button on the front of the console for approximately 10 seconds. The console will turn off. ​​​

2. Turn your console back on by pressing the Xbox button on the console or the Xbox button on your controller. ​​​
  3. EverydayIDecay Win User

Buying Disc and Digital Of Same Game Question

With a disc based game if the game needs to be updated it says you either need a disc or the license. If you try it without the disc when already installed.
  4. Liquology Win User

Game CD use to work fine, but now it shows trial, how to fix

Try this

Insert the game disc. Even though the game might already be installed on this Xbox, we need the physical disc to check the license before we can launch it.If the disc is already loaded, see if it’s dirty or scratched.
    If needed, wipe the disc with a soft, clean, slightly damp cloth. Hold the disc by the edges without touching the top or bottom faces.Then re-insert it and try launching again.

https://beta.support.xbox.com/help/errors/error-code-0x82D40004
  5. Francia J. Win User

Cant start my game disc on my dvd in my console xbox one

Please check if other disc games will have the same issue, if yes the issue can be the disc drive itself and if no, the issue can be the disc. You can check this link for troubleshooting steps: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/games-apps/...

When you insert the disc you should have a disc icon as an indication that the console is reading it.

You need to insert the disc everytime you will play the game even if it’s already installed because the license is on the disc itself
  6. VernierBubble3 Win User

An error has occurred. Please try again later.

Keep getting error code 0x82d40004. On every disc that I put in. Saying that it needs to read it to verify purchase and license. I'm. Connect ed to Xbox live and have restarted my console each time I try a new disc. They are all new new and worked fine
    Saturday. How do u clear the cache? Has anyone else having this problem?
Thema:

My disc keeps on saying “we need to read the license. If the disc is already in, check to...

1. My disc keeps on saying “we need to read the license. If the disc is already in, check to... - Similar Threads - disc keeps saying

2. Xbox one disc problem keeps stopping

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox one disc problem keeps stopping: I just bought farcry 5 on disc and it's downloaded 23% but stopped and keeps saying "installation stopped" and then a loud vibrating sound comes from my xbox for a second, is this a disc problem...
  3. My Xbox keeps stopping game installations from disc at 25%, and will repeatedly stop after...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox keeps stopping game installations from disc at 25%, and will repeatedly stop after...: This issue has been on here before but the solution didn't do anything to help. The problem is, when I go to install any disc games on my Xbox One S, they will download normally until reaching...
  4. When i tried to launch MW3 Zombie I keep getting (Disc read error [8.7]:...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    When i tried to launch MW3 Zombie I keep getting (Disc read error [8.7]:...: When i tried to launch MW3 Zombie, I keep getting (Disc read error [8.7]: 'sa_mp_jup_bigmap.ff' - check log for more information adf26045-1a33-40ac-a62e-5148ee5cd383
  5. Help needed. I'm on xbox s no disc port and I keep getting Disc read error help

in XBoX Accessibility
    Help needed. I'm on xbox s no disc port and I keep getting Disc read error help: I'm on xbox s and keep getting disc read error how can I fix it please.. 2ef1ae2b-2ea1-417f-8ae1-fa8377e2729f
  6. I have a shared disc and i cant launch the game it keeps on sayin Do you own this game or...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have a shared disc and i cant launch the game it keeps on sayin Do you own this game or...: I have a shared disc and i cant launch the game it keeps on sayin Do you own this game or app can i get help 9691b197-919c-4875-9d1c-1982e1015db6
  7. I keep getting this disc read error (15.0) ‘mp_jup_invasion.ff’ when I try to play...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I keep getting this disc read error (15.0) ‘mp_jup_invasion.ff’ when I try to play...: I keep getting this disc read error (15.0) ‘mp_jup_invasion.ff’ when I try to play multiplayer in mw3. All of the logs are there and warzone is downloaded how do I fix this?...
  8. I keep getting a “Disc read error [8.7]: ‘ww_mp_jup_bigmap.ff’ - Check log for more...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I keep getting a “Disc read error [8.7]: ‘ww_mp_jup_bigmap.ff’ - Check log for more...: This error occurs every time I try to play the Zombies game mode on MW3 (2023). This is the only game and game mode this occurs on. I have an Xbox Series S which doesn’t have a disc drive so this...
  9. SERIES X Mortal Kombat 1 (disc) ULTRA ULTRA SLOW INSTALL & KEEPS STOPPING ???

in XBoX Games and Apps
    SERIES X Mortal Kombat 1 (disc) ULTRA ULTRA SLOW INSTALL & KEEPS STOPPING ???: Ok, so I bought Mortal Kombat One on disc, went. To install it...the series x recognised it and began installing it ....BUT - at ULTRA SLOW SPEED ...its taken over 20hrs to get to 17% and in that...
  10. My Resident Evil 2 (2019) disc wont load, it keeps saying to clean the disc

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Resident Evil 2 (2019) disc wont load, it keeps saying to clean the disc: Ive cleaned the disc several times, ive restarted, hard restarted, deleted and trying to reinstall it but i cant since the disk wont load. Itll make noise but wont read the disc. All i want to do...