My digital game deleted and I don't want to wait again, so can I install it with disk and then ...

Discus and support My digital game deleted and I don't want to wait again, so can I install it with disk and then ... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So I live in Italy and my internet is crap. Best I ever get is 6mb/s. And I was downloading an update for Battlefield 1 and accidentally hit cancel all... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by PoorCobra8, Nov 15, 2017.

  1. PoorCobra8
    PoorCobra8 Guest

    My digital game deleted and I don't want to wait again, so can I install it with disk and then ...


    So I live in Italy and my internet is crap. Best I ever get is 6mb/s. And I was downloading an update for Battlefield 1 and accidentally hit cancel all because i wanted to pause it because I wanted To play online.(can't download and do multiplayer at same
    time). my battlefield 1 is digital and it's like 60gb. It'll take me 72hours to download it and I don't have that time but I do have a physical disk downstairs. So can I install it with the disk real fast and take it out when I'm done and still be able to
    use it digitally?

    :)
     
    PoorCobra8, Nov 15, 2017
    #1
  2. l1ghtgr3nade
    l1ghtgr3nade Guest
    Games throwing back to home?

    I had this same problem with COD digital download. After dling it from marketplace I'd wait for full install and the loading screen would just continuously loop. Then I tried KI and the inital splash screen would appear then I'd get booted to home. I
    ended up restoring my xbox then only installed KI. Tried it and it worked. Then I installed COD digital download and started having issues again. I restored again and install KI again. Then I called MS and got a refund on the digital copy of COD. Went
    offline and installed with the disk. Got online and applied update for COD and everything is running fine. I think it has an issue with Digital downloads for some games. I'd stick to disk based. Hope this helps.
     
    l1ghtgr3nade, Nov 15, 2017
    #2
  3. Andreas_212
    Andreas_212 Guest
    Digital or Disc?

    For consoles. I prefer disks. I like to be able to trade them in, or lend them out. Plus consoles have such small storage space that I couldn't do all digital. For PC I prefer digital. Though I like it most when a canbuy the disk version like Dishonored
    , install it and then never have to use the disk again until next time I want to install the game.
     
    Andreas_212, Nov 15, 2017
    #3
  4. Applemop2000 Win User

    Buying Disc and Digital Of Same Game Question

    I bought the disk version of bf4 and later on wanted the digital version so i can switch without inserting the disk, you don't have to re download the game if you installed it with the disk all you download is the digital license witch takes about 10 seconds.
  5. Mr SkettieShuez Win User

    Killer instinct retail disc

    I would delete the digital version and play the version from the disk...which may require an install again. Once I installed the characters from the disk they were still locked when I started the game and found out it was starting the digital version and
    not the retail disk (even though I chose the disk tray option to open the game). Hope this helped.
  6. Nohra369 Win User

    Installing games from discs

    Yeah i agree, what happened to the good ol days when you can just put in the disk and ready to go. Thats why i now buy my games digital, so they are pre installed instead of buying the disk and still waiting to download it..
  7. Chris238 Win User

    Disc vs Download

    To me, there are three major factors:

    1) Are you concerned about bandwidth? If so, disk option is better as it installs some from the disk, and only downloads the updates. (As opposed to downloading the whole game)

    2) Are you concerned about the ability to sell the game later? If so, disk is the way to go again because you can't currently sell your digital games.

    3) Are you concerned about the ability to loan your games to friends? If so, again disk is the way to go

    If none of the above are a concern, then I recommend purchasing digitally as both options consume the same amount of HDD space on your console, but if you buy digitally, you can quickly switch between games without changing disks.

    Personally, I digitally purchase games that I know I will come back to again and again and never want to sell. (Like GTA V and Titanfall) And games that I know I will play through and never touch again, like Watchdogs, I puchase on disk so I can sell them
    after I'm done with them.
  8. l1ghtgr3nade Win User

    Games throwing back to home?

    I had this same problem with COD digital download. After dling it from marketplace I'd wait for full install and the loading screen would just continuously loop. Then I tried KI and the inital splash screen would appear then I'd get booted to home. I
    ended up restoring my xbox then only installed KI. Tried it and it worked. Then I installed COD digital download and started having issues again. I restored again and install KI again. Then I called MS and got a refund on the digital copy of COD. Went
    offline and installed with the disk. Got online and applied update for COD and everything is running fine. I think it has an issue with Digital downloads for some games. I'd stick to disk based. Hope this helps.
Thema:

My digital game deleted and I don't want to wait again, so can I install it with disk and then ...

Loading...
  1. My digital game deleted and I don't want to wait again, so can I install it with disk and then ... - Similar Threads - digital game deleted

  2. Disc to Digital Game Issue - Batman Telltale Series

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to Digital Game Issue - Batman Telltale Series: I have reported the issue through the console, but I claimed a digital license to Batman The Telltale Series with the Season Pass Disc, and it gives me the season pass, but not each individual...
  3. The Disc to Digital Results for my 258 combined XB1/XBSX Physical games

    in XboX Insiders
    The Disc to Digital Results for my 258 combined XB1/XBSX Physical games: So I like most of you other Insiders, I decided to check every Xbox One and Xbox Series X game I own to see which ones qualify for Disc to Digital. And between both consoles, I have 258 physical...
  4. Does Game Share work with Disc to Digital games?

    in XboX Insiders
    Does Game Share work with Disc to Digital games?: I asked this elsewhere but I figured I should post it here too. Just curious if Game Share works with disc to digital. My brother in law and I want to try it since we used to game share before....
  5. Does anyone have a list of games working on digital licence

    in XboX Insiders
    Does anyone have a list of games working on digital licence: Have tried a few discs and some don't work so does anyone know if there's an official list or is it non confirmed submitted by /u/Chriswhutey [link] [comments]
  6. Disc‑to‑Digital game reviews are being flagged as “Off Topic” and removed — possible...

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc‑to‑Digital game reviews are being flagged as “Off Topic” and removed — possible...: In the Insider App, I only have access to Delta and Omega features, no beta or others versions on my Series X console, now I know my reviews are not always good, but I never wrote anything under...
  7. Disk 2 Digital games crash upon opening? and were working perfectly fine yesterday?, is it...

    in XboX Insiders
    Disk 2 Digital games crash upon opening? and were working perfectly fine yesterday?, is it...: Disk 2 Digital games crash upon opening? and were working perfectly fine yesterday?, is it a problem with the new update? ill try restarting my console then give an update submitted by...
  8. My digital copy of elden ring deleted itself and now it like i never owned the game, any fixes?

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    My digital copy of elden ring deleted itself and now it like i never owned the game, any fixes?: So basically i bought elden ring online from the xbox store and had been playing it fine for months, then one day i go to load it up and it says i need to own the game to play it. I’ve contacted...
  9. Microsoft deleted my account and all my games are digital. Why are they aloud to do this

    in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft deleted my account and all my games are digital. Why are they aloud to do this: Why is Microsoft aloud to delete your email address and account for no reason. My xbox was activated by that email address which they deleted. All my games are digital games. They are cheating...
  10. Xbox won’t let me play, download, or delete digital games.

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox won’t let me play, download, or delete digital games.: I have an xbox series s that has worked fine up until this point. I have most of my games downloaded to an external hard drive but whenever i go to play them or delete them I get a message saying...