My credit card (with no affiliation to a bank) has been fraudulently used for Microsoft...

Discus and support My credit card (with no affiliation to a bank) has been fraudulently used for Microsoft... in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; My credit card (with no affiliation to a bank) has been fraudulently used for Microsoft Subscription* Reading. The amount of £7.99 has been deducted... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Anthony Osanwuta, Mar 10, 2023.

1. My credit card (with no affiliation to a bank) has been fraudulently used for Microsoft...

My credit card (with no affiliation to a bank) has been fraudulently used for Microsoft Subscription* Reading. The amount of £7.99 has been deducted from my credit card since November 2022 I believe and my credit company has agreed to refund that to me after their investigation. However, I was told that they cannot cancel the subscription. Which means it will continue indefinitely. I am very upset that Microsoft cannot help. I have searched all its platforms and cannot find a phone number for Microsoft to call and discuss my issues with some who can help me. Please I need a phone number for Microsoft to call.

:)

Anthony Osanwuta, Mar 10, 2023
  2. Obsessive Power Win User

My credit card (with no affiliation to a bank) has been fraudulently used for Microsoft Subscription* Reading.

I'm surprised that they didn't tell you that reporting the card as lost/stolen or otherwise compromised would stop any additional payments, since it would no longer be possible bill a CC that has been cancelled.

Simply cancelling your current CC (and getting new one issued) should prevent further payments.
  3. Georges C. Win User

My credit card (with no affiliation to a bank) has been fraudulently used for Microsoft Subscription* Reading.

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello Anthony, I'm sorry that this is happening with your card, however try to contact Xbox support via chat using the link below.

Go to: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/contact-us/

See the bottom left part of the page and make sure that the page has the correct region that you are in (ex: United States - English for USA)

If not, click on it then select the correct region that you are in.

Check and confirm that you are within the available time of support under Contact times.

Click Contact us

Select the drop-down menu options that will match your concern.

On the page, see the provided support articles that may help you with your concern. Click See contact options if further assistance is needed.

On the next page, select either Chat online or Request a call option then follow or enter the needed details.
  4. Obsessive Power Win User

Xbox Charges that are not legit

I would like to add that these charges are unlikely being made by Microsoft.

Rather someone has probably stolen your credit card information and is using it to buy content fraudulently. If that is the case, only your bank can deal with these transactions.
  5. Martin du Toit (unha Win User

DL*MICROSOFT PANAMA 00PA debit orders

I never authorised a debit order on my account and i have been overcharged. Please refund the R1503.74 plus R3.00 bank charges
    It doesn’t seem that Microsoft is getting involved in this. It might not be a Microsoft transaction at all.

I recommend you get you bank card stopped and report the fraudulent transactions to your bank’s fraud department. If it is through a credit card they should be able to reimburse you.

I also suggest that you find an alternative method of payment for your Microsoft account. My card details have been compromised twice.
  6. AridLizard Win User

how to remove an account from a different xbox that is not owned by you. (remove as in he has to write email and pass to log in my account)

if you have a credit or debit card linked to the account, contact your credit card company/bank and cancel the card and make sure there were no fraudulent purchases made by the scammer.
Thema:

My credit card (with no affiliation to a bank) has been fraudulently used for Microsoft...

1. My credit card (with no affiliation to a bank) has been fraudulently used for Microsoft... - Similar Threads - credit card affiliation

2. What country is the xbox credit card available for

in XboX Insiders
    What country is the xbox credit card available for: I’m currently looking at getting the xbox credit card, but it doesn’t say what country it’s available in and I’m in Australia, witch means 90% of the super cool credit cards like carnival etc I...
  3. Opt out of spam emails for credit cards

in XboX Insiders
    Opt out of spam emails for credit cards: So is the xbox insider program really mean I have no choice but receive spam for example like this credit card offer for Mastercard https://imgur.com/EcSAckB there's no simple unsubscribe link,...
  4. If I remove my xbox accounts off my xbox an there's no accounts on it will my credit card...

in XBoX on Consoles
    If I remove my xbox accounts off my xbox an there's no accounts on it will my credit card...: If I remove my xbox accounts off my xbox an there's no accounts on it will my credit card info still be on my xbox or no 22ab783c-e586-46a6-b867-b46083329c88
  5. Dev account cost paying without credit card

in XBoX Accessibility
    Dev account cost paying without credit card: Hello i have a question i would like to add a dev account to my account the costs are 14 euro... i have 15 euro in my account it gives me the option to pay in credit card or in promo code... i...
  6. So I brought a game on my credit card and I refunded it and I want it back on my Xbox...

in XBoX on Windows
    So I brought a game on my credit card and I refunded it and I want it back on my Xbox...: So I bought a Xbox game on the store and I bought it on my credit card but I don’t want it and requested a refund but I would like the refund back on my Xbox credit balance instead of back on my...
  7. I have fraudulent activity on a credit card. I need to know how to report it and how to...

in XBoX on Windows
    I have fraudulent activity on a credit card. I need to know how to report it and how to...: I have over $600 in fraudulent activity on my bank card and need to know how to get it resolved. With a real person. Please. 59ea796f-bca2-4748-b682-b778d20fa2c0
  8. Why can't I remove my credit cards from my Microsoft account OR change my password????

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't I remove my credit cards from my Microsoft account OR change my password????: I currently have three different cards that are being charged with fraudulent charges through Microsoft. Can't change my password, can't remove credit cards, and good luck trying to speak to...
  9. Refund granted but never credited back to card.

in XBoX on Windows
    Refund granted but never credited back to card.: Hi there, My son bought an add-on for a game he then discovered he couldn't play on his XBox. We requested a refund, which we were granted according to our account (and we've verified since the...
  10. I redeemed a gift card for Xbox but when I checked I didn’t see my credit, is there any way...

in XBoX on Windows
    I redeemed a gift card for Xbox but when I checked I didn’t see my credit, is there any way...: Hello Microsoft, today and a while back I purchased a gift card for 25$. After coming home from work I then redeemed my Xbox gift card at home. I went onto my Xbox and tried to purchase some in...