My controller won't update in Xbox Accessories app in PC

Discus and support My controller won't update in Xbox Accessories app in PC in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have been trying to update my controller because it says required in app but update fails all the time a60d3da1-a97a-465a-8698-b6d77a2f2a23 Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by BATUHANDEMİR, Oct 14, 2022.

1. My controller won't update in Xbox Accessories app in PC

I have been trying to update my controller because it says required in app but update fails all the time

:)

BATUHANDEMİR, Oct 14, 2022
  2. WRDSY Win User

Xbox Series S|X controller just blinking via USB

Sadly didn't fix it :/

The accessory app won't work since my PC won't recognize the controller since it's just blinking
  3. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Try with a different PC when possible.

In the meantime I can advise you some things:

A. Make sure that everything is up to date in your PC

Open Settings, click Update and Security and then Windows Update;

Click Check for Updates;

Click the Download and Install Now option, if available (Install optional updates as well)

Also, check the Microsoft Store for any updates on the Xbox apps and its services and update everything too.

B. Do a clean boot in your PC and try updating the controller in that way
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/how-t...

C. Try creating a new local administrator user in your PC and try from there
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/cre...

D. Reinstall your controller driver:
    Press Windows key + X and select Device Manager > search something like Xbox controller category (or similar) > expand the category using the little arrow (">") > select delete/uninstall driver

Click OK, restart your PC and reconnect the controller.

E. Reinstall or update Plug and Play Software Device Enumerator driver.

You can do it following previous steps, but now select Plug and Play Software Device Enumerator.

Can take a while, would be great to wait up to 15 minutes before trying again
  4. BATUHANDEMİR Win User

It says "a problem occurred while updating your controller" and what below says "try again without batteries and be sure USB cables are attached correctly". I tried different cables and USB ports but haven't tried a different PC yet.

[​IMG]
  5. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this BATUHANDEMİR

What's the exact error message that you're receiving in the accessories app? Please attach an screenshot
    (Don't forget to hide personal information)

In the meantime, may I know if you tried to do the update using a different USB cable?
    Or connecting the controller to a different USB port or to a different PC?
  6. kylan619 Win User

Is the old Xbox One Controller (I unfortunately bought it right before they started selling the TYPE C version) supported in Accessories app?

Mine loops on update required...

Just curious, otherwise the controller works fine in bluetooth mode (wireless) w/ Duracell batteries and in USB mode it works fine too.

Thanks,

-kyle
Thema:

1. My controller won't update in Xbox Accessories app in PC - Similar Threads - controller won't update

2. Xbox accessories app won't detect wired connection on my elite series 2 controller when it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox accessories app won't detect wired connection on my elite series 2 controller when it...: I cannot use the accessories app for my elite series 2 controller on PC. Says use wired connection but it's already plugged in how do I fix this db14f4d0-0b14-4148-a926-845124931b8c
  3. Why won't the controller stay connected?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't the controller stay connected?: I have read all related questions and suggestions. Nothing is a permanent fix and I'd rather not switch systems. If there isn't a fix for this , switching is the I kt option left...
  4. My controller won't work left thumbstick up then turns off on its own ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My controller won't work left thumbstick up then turns off on its own ?: Hey guys my controller stopped working outta nowhere the left thumbstick up won't work and the just turns off any suggestions or have you experienced this double issue...
  5. Controller Won't Update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller Won't Update: This is a very strange one . I understand a new Firmware update for Xbsx controllers was released a few days ago (5.21) so i thought i would update my controller , on the device screen it says a...
  6. Xbox one controller disconnected from USB cable during update on PC and won't reconnect?

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox one controller disconnected from USB cable during update on PC and won't reconnect?: I haven't used this controller in a little while, i usually just play wired anyways. But the only microUSB cable I have is unreliable at this point so I wanted to try getting bluetooth working....
  7. My Xbox One controller won't connect to my PC after updating it

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox One controller won't connect to my PC after updating it: My xbox one controller wouldn't respond properly if it was more than a couple inches away but would connect just fine. So I updated it in xbox accessories but now it won't connect at all in any...
  8. My xbox elite series 2 controller won't take an update. Every time I update it, it says it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox elite series 2 controller won't take an update. Every time I update it, it says it...: It will no longer stay connected via wireless anymore either 287d8158-f427-492f-bb19-f0f1722de372
  9. After the last update on Xbox series X, my controllers won't work unless connected via USB....

in XBoX on Consoles
    After the last update on Xbox series X, my controllers won't work unless connected via USB....: After the latest update on the Xbox series x, I can only use my controllers when they are connected with the USB cord. Turned the Xbox and controllers on and off. Still not working. This problem...
  10. Xbox series X controller won't update on PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X controller won't update on PC: I have a problem with my Xbox series X controller, I have an update to do because my controller is several firmware versions behind the last release but I hit a brick wall. Every time I try to do...