My controller won't connect, what do I do?

Discus and support My controller won't connect, what do I do? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My controller will not connect to my xbox. I've tried new batteries, restting conection didn't work, rebooting the controller (hold power button for... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by DrMess, Dec 21, 2022.

1. DrMess
    DrMess Guest

My controller will not connect to my xbox.

I've tried new batteries, restting conection didn't work, rebooting the controller (hold power button for 10) also didn't work.

What else can I do?

I heard bad wifi router could disrupt the connection, but would that not let it connect at all?

Usually I can figure this type of thing out but I'm supper confused.

:)

DrMess, Dec 21, 2022
  2. Francia J. Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

That may cause issues as well but let's perform troubleshooting steps on your console. Kindly follow the steps below:

POWERCYCLE CONSOLE​​​

​​​

1. Turn off your console by holding the Xbox button on the front of the console for approximately 10 seconds. The console will turn off. ​​​

2. Unplug your console for 5 minutes.

3. Turn your console back on by pressing the Xbox button on the console or the Xbox button on your controller. ​​​
  3. xXx Yuber xXx Win User

It is 10am 27th of October - where is the promised driver and the promised Xbox Accessories App?

Windows 10

All I see is "Connect a controller to get started". My controller is connected. What do I do?
  4. Dragonzzz Win User

Xbox One Controller plugged into PC but connects to Xbox One.

I know what you are talking about. What you have to do is go into setting and disconnect your controller from your xbox and then it shouldnt be connecting to it until you re-sync it.
    I don't have my Xbox on and it won't connect anyway.
  5. D Boii 18 Win User

Xbox Controller Sync & Powering off from after pressing sync button five times....

My sync button turns off my Xbox one X and won't connect any controllers.

When controllers do connect they disconnect and flash.

Had this problem since beginning of February.
  6. Joaquindimas Win User

Xbox one s Controller not being detected by any device.

I tried connecting it with a cable to my Xbox and it won't detect it. I also tried to connect it wirelessly to my phone and it connects but the white light on the controller keeps flashing, and it won't do anything. It only works when I connect it with a cable on my pc. It doesn't work on any other device wired or wireless.
Thema:

1. My controller won't connect, what do I do? - Similar Threads - controller won't connect

2. Xbox accessories app won't detect wired connection on my elite series 2 controller when it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox accessories app won't detect wired connection on my elite series 2 controller when it...: I cannot use the accessories app for my elite series 2 controller on PC. Says use wired connection but it's already plugged in how do I fix this db14f4d0-0b14-4148-a926-845124931b8c
  3. Why won't the controller stay connected?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't the controller stay connected?: I have read all related questions and suggestions. Nothing is a permanent fix and I'd rather not switch systems. If there isn't a fix for this , switching is the I kt option left...
  4. My Xbox Series S Controller Won't Connect To My Xbox One

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox Series S Controller Won't Connect To My Xbox One: For a little bit I've been using my Xbox Series S Controller to play on my PC, but when I wanted to play my Xbox One again, the controller just did not work, so I tried to reconnect the controller...
  5. My Xbox Controller won't appear in the bluethooth tab, but it will connect via wire.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox Controller won't appear in the bluethooth tab, but it will connect via wire.: I've been trying to connect my Xbox controller to my pc via bluethooth but it won't appear in the bluethooth area, I tried updating the drivers, updating the controller through the Xbox...
  6. The sync button on my xbox series x won't flash to connect a new controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    The sync button on my xbox series x won't flash to connect a new controller: I'm trying to sync my controller to my xbox, the light on the controller will flash but the button on the Xbox isn't causing it to flash and sync. Is this a known issue? Is this something I can...
  7. My two Xbox One (Original) controllers won't connect to the Original Xbox One console anymore.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My two Xbox One (Original) controllers won't connect to the Original Xbox One console anymore.: It's been 3 weeks since I played on my original Xbox One with two controllers. They connected fine before the issue happened. As for the issue, it happened the next day, I tried to play on the...
  8. Xbox Series X Controller Won't Stay Connected To Xbox For Longer Than 4 Seconds

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Controller Won't Stay Connected To Xbox For Longer Than 4 Seconds: I play connected via usb cable when it just stopped responding. I tried unplugging the cable and plugging it back in, which worked but only for around 4 seconds, i could keep doing that to control...
  9. my xbox elite controller 2 won't stay connected only when I play games.

in XBoX on Consoles
    my xbox elite controller 2 won't stay connected only when I play games.: I've stayed in the testing mode to check response and nothing is wrong. I've left it on test mode for 1 hour constantly pressing buttons. no problems. when I play rainbow seige or any games all...
  10. New Xbox wireless controller won't connect to my Windows 10

in XBoX on Consoles
    New Xbox wireless controller won't connect to my Windows 10: Few days ago I got a new Xbox wireless controller, I've connected it to one Windows 10 laptop and it worked perfectly. Few days later I tried connecting it to another Windows 10 laptop and it...