My controller won't connect after randomly disconnecting out of the blue

Discus and support My controller won't connect after randomly disconnecting out of the blue in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I was playing some games with my controller until it just stopped working I tried plugging it into my Xbox and swapped the batteries and it still won't... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Iggy the dog578, Jan 23, 2023.

1. My controller won't connect after randomly disconnecting out of the blue

I was playing some games with my controller until it just stopped working I tried plugging it into my Xbox and swapped the batteries and it still won't work

:)

Iggy the dog578, Jan 23, 2023
  2. John P_14 Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching out. I hope you’re doing well. I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user like you and I'll be happy to help you.

Kindly try clearing your console’s cache by doing the steps below;

1. Turn off your console by pressing the Xbox button on the front of the console for about 10 seconds, until it shuts down completely.

2. Unplug the console's power cable. Wait 10 seconds.

Important Be sure to wait at least 10 seconds. This step resets the power supply.

3. Plug the console power cable back in.

4. Press the Xbox button on your console to turn it on.

Once done, try connecting your controller again.
  3. MenaBear Win User

Keeps disconnecting

Hi,

My Xbox One controller randomly disconnects. I have tried to sync the controller to my console, but the controller continues to flash, even after the console’s “X” has stopped flashing. This is a brand new Sport Blue, wireless controller, so I know its
    not the controller. My old controller works fine, so it can’t be the console. Right?
  4. BR4DOKYBrazil Win User

Post September update issues

After the September update my controller is disconnecting randomly!
  5. BR4DOKYBrazil Win User

Major Issues Since Latest Update

After the last update my control and more a lot of people is randomly disconnecting!
  6. The Little Moa-5265A Win User

wireless controller disconnects

Adding on to what Callumpy said, I had a similar problem with my controller a few months back, turns out after I dropped it a few times, it made the battery pack to controller connection slightly weaker, resulting in it randomly disconnecting when I made
    a sudden movement.

Double check this isn't your case by trying to pull it out without holding the button on the top, if it disconnects, you are in need of a new controller.
Thema:

1. My controller won't connect after randomly disconnecting out of the blue - Similar Threads - controller won't connect

2. Xbox accessories app won't detect wired connection on my elite series 2 controller when it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox accessories app won't detect wired connection on my elite series 2 controller when it...: I cannot use the accessories app for my elite series 2 controller on PC. Says use wired connection but it's already plugged in how do I fix this db14f4d0-0b14-4148-a926-845124931b8c
  3. Why won't the controller stay connected?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't the controller stay connected?: I have read all related questions and suggestions. Nothing is a permanent fix and I'd rather not switch systems. If there isn't a fix for this , switching is the I kt option left...
  4. My Xbox Series S Controller Won't Connect To My Xbox One

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox Series S Controller Won't Connect To My Xbox One: For a little bit I've been using my Xbox Series S Controller to play on my PC, but when I wanted to play my Xbox One again, the controller just did not work, so I tried to reconnect the controller...
  5. My Xbox Controller won't appear in the bluethooth tab, but it will connect via wire.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox Controller won't appear in the bluethooth tab, but it will connect via wire.: I've been trying to connect my Xbox controller to my pc via bluethooth but it won't appear in the bluethooth area, I tried updating the drivers, updating the controller through the Xbox...
  6. The sync button on my xbox series x won't flash to connect a new controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    The sync button on my xbox series x won't flash to connect a new controller: I'm trying to sync my controller to my xbox, the light on the controller will flash but the button on the Xbox isn't causing it to flash and sync. Is this a known issue? Is this something I can...
  7. My two Xbox One (Original) controllers won't connect to the Original Xbox One console anymore.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My two Xbox One (Original) controllers won't connect to the Original Xbox One console anymore.: It's been 3 weeks since I played on my original Xbox One with two controllers. They connected fine before the issue happened. As for the issue, it happened the next day, I tried to play on the...
  8. Xbox Series X Controller Won't Stay Connected To Xbox For Longer Than 4 Seconds

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Controller Won't Stay Connected To Xbox For Longer Than 4 Seconds: I play connected via usb cable when it just stopped responding. I tried unplugging the cable and plugging it back in, which worked but only for around 4 seconds, i could keep doing that to control...
  9. my xbox elite controller 2 won't stay connected only when I play games.

in XBoX on Consoles
    my xbox elite controller 2 won't stay connected only when I play games.: I've stayed in the testing mode to check response and nothing is wrong. I've left it on test mode for 1 hour constantly pressing buttons. no problems. when I play rainbow seige or any games all...
  10. New Xbox wireless controller won't connect to my Windows 10

in XBoX on Consoles
    New Xbox wireless controller won't connect to my Windows 10: Few days ago I got a new Xbox wireless controller, I've connected it to one Windows 10 laptop and it worked perfectly. Few days later I tried connecting it to another Windows 10 laptop and it...