My controller will turn on and turn my Xbox on but won’t do anything else once my Xbox is on

Discus and support My controller will turn on and turn my Xbox on but won’t do anything else once my Xbox is on in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My controller will turn on and turn my Xbox on but when I try scrolling thru your selecting something it won’t work and i already tried reconnecting... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Adolfo Leon alvarado, Apr 24, 2023.

1. My controller will turn on and turn my Xbox on but won’t do anything else once my Xbox is on

My controller will turn on and turn my Xbox on but when I try scrolling thru your selecting something it won’t work and i already tried reconnecting them multiple times.

I started having issues with it disconnecting mid game and now it won’t work.

:)

Adolfo Leon alvarado, Apr 24, 2023
  2. DeniqL Win User

My controller will turn on and turn my Xbox on but won’t do anything else once my Xbox is on

Hi,Adolfo! I'm Luis, a fellow Xbox Gamer . Thanks for reaching us out here.

Have you been able to test your controller while connected with a USB cable?

If your controller works when connected to your console with a USB cable let´s try updating it.

Press the Xbox button  to open the guide.

Under Profile & system, select Settings.

Under Devices & connections, select Accessories.

On the Xbox Wireless Controller screen, select “…” to check the firmware version for your controller.

If it says there’s no update available, your controller is current. If it says “Update,” follow the steps provided.

Once your controller is updated, disconnect the USB cable and try connecting wirelessly again.

If it doesn’t work when connected to your console with a USB cable, your controller needs to be replaced.
  3. CarstenE Win User

Can't do anything once I turn my Xbox on?

Hey Mr BC 35,

Lets try the following first:

- Press and hold down the White Xbox Button on the Console itself until it shuts completely off.

- Unplug Power chord from wall and Power brick for 2 mins.

- Replug and restart.

- Try to sign in again and if you see any Change of your Situation.

-lg 2Bad4You
  4. Jaedon F Win User

Why did my elite controller stop working on my Xbox and won’t turn off or do anything even when I unplug my Xbox

My console is the Xbox series X. My controller stopped working last night while I was playing a game and it said reconnect controller but it was still on. I’ve tried holding the pairing button but nothing happened. I’ve tried taking it out of range of my Xbox to see if it would shut off. I’ve tried restarting and unplugging my Xbox. But my elite controller still has the light on and won’t do anything. Even the button to change paddle presets isn’t turning those lights on.
  5. Jellemamba Win User

My Xbox won’t turn on!

Thanks a lot!

although i losy my game data my xbox is working fine.

I new i had to restore it to factory default but i just didnt know how to without using my xbox!
  6. XBF George L Win User

My Xbox won’t turn on!

Hello

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention here on the forums. Your quickest solution could possibly be to return to the retailer and see if they could exchange your console for another one. Also you could try and see if you are able to manually
    access the Troubleshoot screen to Reset the Console to Factory Defaults.

Depending on how recently your Xbox One console was last updated, you may be able to perform an offline system update using the Xbox Startup Troubleshooter. To see if this option is available on your console, follow these steps:

1. Unplug the network cable if you're using a wired network connection.
    2. Power off your console, and then unplug the power cord to ensure that the console is completely powered off.
    3. Wait 30 seconds, and then plug the power cord back in.
    4. Press and hold the BIND button (located on the left side of the console) and the
      EJECT button (located on the front of the console), and then press the
      Xbox button on the console.
    5. Continue holding the BIND and EJECT buttons for 10-15 seconds.
    6. Listen for two “power-up” tones a couple of seconds apart. You can release the
      BIND and EJECT buttons after the second power-up tone.
Thema:

1. My controller will turn on and turn my Xbox on but won’t do anything else once my Xbox is on - Similar Threads - controller turn turn

2. Whenever I turn on my blood red Xbox controller it starts blinking and won’t go into...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Whenever I turn on my blood red Xbox controller it starts blinking and won’t go into...: Whenever I turn on my blood red Xbox controller it starts blinking and won’t go into connection mode and just blinks it’s under responsive I am really scared and I don’t know what to do please...
  3. What do I do when my controller turns on and stays on but the system is is completely...

in XBoX on Consoles
    What do I do when my controller turns on and stays on but the system is is completely...: This is the first time this has happened to me so I searched up a solution online and every thing I saw involved being able to go into the settings app and the power off/restart menu which I...
  4. My controller won't work left thumbstick up then turns off on its own ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My controller won't work left thumbstick up then turns off on its own ?: Hey guys my controller stopped working outta nowhere the left thumbstick up won't work and the just turns off any suggestions or have you experienced this double issue...
  5. My PDP Controller won't turn on

in XBoX on Windows
    My PDP Controller won't turn on: I got a new PDP controller and when I tried to turn it on it won't work, it won't even light up. Is there a way to solve the problem or do I need to get s new one...
  6. My Xbox turns on but won’t display on tv and my controller won’t connect. The Xbox then...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox turns on but won’t display on tv and my controller won’t connect. The Xbox then...: My Xbox will turn out won’t display on tv and my controller won’t connect. The Xbox then shuts off. Sometimes my controller won’t turn on Xbox when pressed. a7794a97-d071-4bea-8c1b-451884ede433
  7. Controller turns on game then can’t do anything

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller turns on game then can’t do anything: Controller new batteries turns on game then can’t do anything 048d280d-2ccb-44b1-b1c1-143145becd45
  8. My wired controller won't turn on. on my xbox but work on my brother xbox

in XBoX on Windows
    My wired controller won't turn on. on my xbox but work on my brother xbox: My wired controller won't turn on. on my xbox but work on my brother xbox e667e29d-baa6-4e38-b72a-77fe31dd074f
  9. Disney app crashes when controller turns off

in XBoX on Windows
    Disney app crashes when controller turns off: The Disney app on my Xbox Series S crashes when the controller turns off if I am listening to audio through headphones wired to said controller. Example: I am watching Disney plus, listening...
  10. How to sync Xbox One controller without turning on my Xbox?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to sync Xbox One controller without turning on my Xbox?: So I have an Xbox One controller and I don't see a way to sync through Bluetooth without first turning on the controller which obviously turns on the console. Is there any way to go straight into...