my controller suddenly stop working while its turned on

Discus and support my controller suddenly stop working while its turned on in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; This happend with some games i download from gamepass like psychonauts 2, hellblade, a plague tale where my controller suddenly stop working while its... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Djouada Fares, Jul 23, 2022.

1. my controller suddenly stop working while its turned on

This happend with some games i download from gamepass like psychonauts 2, hellblade, a plague tale where my controller suddenly stop working while its turned on and none of the buttons work anyone got a solution?

:)

Djouada Fares, Jul 23, 2022
  2. Djouada Fares Win User

I play on xbox series x the games that i mentioned works perfectly fine but suddenly at a certain point the controller stops working so im obliged to remove the battery from my controller and leave the game and i still can't find a solution
  3. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Your controller and console are up to date ? Did you tried checking for any firmware updates and system update?

In the meantime, may I know if you tried power cycling the console?

1. Turn off your console by pressing the Xbox button on the front of the console for about 10 seconds, until it shuts down completely.
    2. Unplug the console's power cable from the console and from the power outlet. Wait 5 minutes.
    Important: Be sure to wait at least 5 minutes. This step resets the power supply.
    3. Plug the console power cable back in.
    4. Press the Xbox button on your console to turn it on.
  4. Djouada Fares Win User

The problem still exist i did all of this then i played psychonauts 2 for 5 min and the controller stops working
  5. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this Djouada

Please answer the following questions to see how you can proceed :

Where is this happening, on PC or Xbox?
    And which troubleshooting steps you have done so far to fix this, in that way I can advise you different things

I'll be waiting for your reply, greetings from another Microsoft user
  6. SoulxxxSaviour Win User

Strange Headset Problems

the same thing happened to me it just suddenly stopped working my mic ive tried unplugging my xbox, updating my controller and it has not worked so i dont no if it has broken or its jst my controller someone please find a solution for this
Thema:

1. my controller suddenly stop working while its turned on - Similar Threads - controller suddenly stop

2. Xbox Controller suddenly disconnects from PC...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Controller suddenly disconnects from PC...: I have 2 Xbox Series controllers, which i use witch my PC. At first i played via bluetooth and didn't notice any problems. Then i started using cable because i was tired of buying new batteries))...
  3. Sudden Controller lag/excessive acceleration

in XBoX on Consoles
    Sudden Controller lag/excessive acceleration: I have had the series x for awhile and recently had sudden issues with input lag from my controller where I can't aim properly and the acceleration speed seems way high so I checked my controller...
  4. Some of my Xbox Series X|S controller buttons stopped working correctly all of a sudden?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Some of my Xbox Series X|S controller buttons stopped working correctly all of a sudden?: I don't have xbox console, only the controller. I use it to play games on my laptop (windows 10). I left the controller untouched quite some time (2 or 3 months without playing). when i came back...
  5. Xbox controller headset suddenly not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller headset suddenly not working: I been using the official controller and connected headset for a long time now and suddenly its not working. I used it 99% on gamebar but now no programs can hear from it including the OS tester...
  6. Why did my Elite Series 2 Controller suddenly stop working?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why did my Elite Series 2 Controller suddenly stop working?: Today I tried to to turn on my Elite Series 2 Controller and it didn't turn on, it was working perfectly fine yesterday, but now it just won't turn on. I use it with an Xbox Series X and i've used...
  7. why does my controller suddenly not work while plugged in on my pc?

in XBoX on Consoles
    why does my controller suddenly not work while plugged in on my pc?: im playing on a pc and using a cable for my controller and it was working fine and the the other day it just stopped working. ive even gone through every cable i have , and its something lik60 or...
  8. Xbox series X/S controller buttons and bumpers suddenly stopped responding

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X/S controller buttons and bumpers suddenly stopped responding: Recently the buttons on my Xbox series X/S controller have stopped working. This includes the D pad, sync, screenshot, two square, three lines, LB, RB, X, Y, A, and B buttons. Both joysticks and...
  9. Xbox one controller joysticks and triggers suddenly stopped working

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox one controller joysticks and triggers suddenly stopped working: Everything on my controller works perfectly except the triggers and joysticks, suddenly they stopped working completely, even the L3 and R3 1a63d913-534b-4b38-8ddb-7599c686eaf2
  10. Controller suddenly stopped working. Lights up when plugged in, tried multiple cables. Does...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Controller suddenly stopped working. Lights up when plugged in, tried multiple cables. Does...: Hello, recently I purchased an xbox elite series 2 controller for use with my pc, it was working well for a while, until suddenly it stopped. When I plug the controller in, it vibrates and the...