My controller is connected but the button won’t work?

Discus and support My controller is connected but the button won’t work? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Why won’t my buttons work on my connected controller a3bbb00a-17fb-4f8b-8857-3cb5687488ca Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Darren Hodgkinson, Jan 2, 2023.

1. My controller is connected but the button won’t work?

Why won’t my buttons work on my connected controller

:)

Darren Hodgkinson, Jan 2, 2023
  2. JDRColegio Win User

Controller gets stuck

What type of problem are you having with your controller?

MY CONTROLLER WON’T CONNECT TO MY CONSOLE OR PC -> it doesn't apply. the controller does connect to my pc

I CAN’T UPDATE MY CONTROLLER -> it doesn't apply. Xbox Accessories says it is up to date

MY CONTROLLER DOESN’T FUNCTION CORRECTLY -> somehow it doesn't. let's take this option

MY CONTROLLER WON’T POWER ON -> it doesn't apply. the controller does power on

SOME OR ALL OF THE BUTTONS ON MY CONTROLLER DON’T WORK AT ALL -> it doesn't apply. All buttons do work correctly

SOME OF THE BUTTONS ON MY CONTROLLER DON’T WORK AS EXPECTED -> it doesn't apply. All buttons do work as expected.

so:
    Xbox One Wireless Controller Solution
    doesn't have an option for the "stops working" symptom
  3. yhsoundm8 Win User

Are all of the buttons completely non functional, or can you navigate to your settings?

It could be worth checking if your controller needs a firmware update.

1. Select "System" and then "Settings."

2. Click on "Devices & streaming" and then "Accessories." Select the controller that you wish to update.

3. Click on "Device info" and select the "Firmware version" box.

4. Click "Update Now"
  4. ImAice Win User

Black screen after update and startup on Xbox One

Make sure that you are pressing the buttons on the console and not the controller. You can keep on trying but in case it won’t really work, I’m afraid the console needs a service. Since you are being prompted to sign in using the controller, try connecting it using a USB cable too.
  5. lasagnad Win User

New and old controller for series S

It won’t work with my phone/ pc. I tried connecting it to the console with a wire, putting new batteries in, and disconnecting and reconnecting and none of those worked. I’ve tried these methods on both of the controllers
  6. Olivia Brown1 Win User

Xbox One won’t accept my MAC address

I have tried clearing the MAC address but when it gets the screen prompting me to restart, it won’t restart. I hit the restart button and nothing happens. I tried holding the Xbox button on my controller and restarting that way but it didn’t work.
Thema:

1. My controller is connected but the button won’t work? - Similar Threads - controller connected button

2. xbox controller wouldn't connect

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox controller wouldn't connect: hello i am using windows 10 and im trying to connect my xbox controller to pc, i got it to pair using "devices & printers" in the control panel, and it connects the first time, but when the...
  3. My Xbox Series S Controller Won't Connect To My Xbox One

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox Series S Controller Won't Connect To My Xbox One: For a little bit I've been using my Xbox Series S Controller to play on my PC, but when I wanted to play my Xbox One again, the controller just did not work, so I tried to reconnect the controller...
  4. Xbox Controller Trouble to Connect at PC

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Controller Trouble to Connect at PC: Hello everyone, hope you doing well, Im having trouble to connect my new controller on my pc. I tried if it works generally on phone and it’s connected normally. On pc unfortunately it does not...
  5. Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 - Core Connection issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 - Core Connection issues: So my controller is becoming unresponsive, at times no form of input gets a response and sometimes just straight up disconnects. Pad is always connected via USB cable, never via Bluetooth. I've...
  6. My Xbox Controller won't appear in the bluethooth tab, but it will connect via wire.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox Controller won't appear in the bluethooth tab, but it will connect via wire.: I've been trying to connect my Xbox controller to my pc via bluethooth but it won't appear in the bluethooth area, I tried updating the drivers, updating the controller through the Xbox...
  7. The sync button on my xbox series x won't flash to connect a new controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    The sync button on my xbox series x won't flash to connect a new controller: I'm trying to sync my controller to my xbox, the light on the controller will flash but the button on the Xbox isn't causing it to flash and sync. Is this a known issue? Is this something I can...
  8. My xbox controller is connected but none of the buttons work

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox controller is connected but none of the buttons work: I've tried resyncing the controller I've tried the power cycle thing but nothing is working its still connected but none of the buttons or sticks work, it's done this before and doing the power...
  9. no controller will connect and sync button on console will not work

in XboX Insiders
    no controller will connect and sync button on console will not work: never had this problem until today when i got home. can’t connect any controller and the sync button will not work on the console. i had to use my phone to update the console via the remote...
  10. My Xbox’s sync button is broken and my controller will not connect with a usb cable is...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox’s sync button is broken and my controller will not connect with a usb cable is...: I’ve tried many usb cable and looked up so many tutorials and I haven’t found thing of use 90fef901-bf11-4bef-b184-3c2184662ffc