My controller is acting weird...

Discus and support My controller is acting weird... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So I tried playing a game on my Xbox one and suddenly, my left stick is drifting upwards. I even took out the grey pieces from the left stick and it... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by DeeJayP47, Oct 16, 2017.

1. DeeJayP47
    DeeJayP47 Guest

So I tried playing a game on my Xbox one and suddenly, my left stick is drifting upwards. I even took out the grey pieces from the left stick and it still is drifting up. I'm not even touching the controller and it's not stuck or anything. It just keeps
    on pressing up. I know that it's not the grey part. Can someone please help me? I don't know what to do now...

:)

DeeJayP47, Oct 16, 2017
  2. My controller acting weird.

Whenever I click the A button, it acts like the xbox home button, and the xbox home button does what it is supposed to. I click A on something, it does what It is supposed to, but then it takes me to the xbox home. I could really use some help right now.

MrCuddlesWourth, Oct 16, 2017
  3. {Parity}
    {Parity} Guest
    My controller acting weird.

Try performing a hard reset exactly like this.

Hold the power button on the console for 8 seconds or until the power shuts down completely. Unplug the power cord from the back of the console for 5 minutes. Plug the power cord back in and restart the console. Once it is back up and operational test
    the results. Let us know if it works.

Hope this helps. Good Luck!!

{Parity}, Oct 16, 2017
  4. {Parity} Win User

My controller acting weird.

Try performing a hard reset exactly like this.

Hold the power button on the console for 8 seconds or until the power shuts down completely. Unplug the power cord from the back of the console for 5 minutes. Plug the power cord back in and restart the console. Once it is back up and operational test
    the results. Let us know if it works.

Hope this helps. Good Luck!!
  5. XBF Erick C Win User

Controller acting weird

Hey there Cosmic,

Sorry to hear you are running into this problem with the controller. How long exactly have you had it? If it is under 90 days old then of course this controller should be in warranty and you can always set up a replacement order through the

Device Support
    page.

Of course the controller should not be doing this, But if new batteries aren't working and the controller is still running into problems I would recommend looking for a replacement, Or of course
    Contacting Xbox Customer Support to see if there is anything to be done with this.

I hope this helps!
  6. Francia J. Win User

Controller acting weird

Alright. Let's try to perform troubleshooting steps on your console as well just to ensure that it's not the issue.

To fix this, please perform a power cycle on your console by following the steps below:

POWERCYCLE CONSOLE​​​

​​​

1. Turn off your console by holding the Xbox button on the front of the console for approximately 10 seconds. The console will turn off. ​​​

2. Turn your console back on by pressing the Xbox button on the console or the Xbox button on your controller. ​​​

If that didn't work resetting the console keeping games and apps will be the next option. Don't worry because as long as you're connected to Xbox Live your saved progress, games, will not be deleted. It will remove all of your accounts but you can add all of them later on.

Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

Select Profile & system > Settings > System > Console info.

Select Reset console.

Reset and keep my games & apps.
  7. killjoy D22 Win User

Controller acting weird

no i dont have another controller
  8. Francia J. Win User

Controller acting weird

Hi Killjoy, I hope you're doing great out there despite the issue that you're experiencing. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regards to your concern.

Kindly update your controller by following the step on this link:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...
Thema:

1. My controller is acting weird... - Similar Threads - controller acting weird

2. Im trying to play fortnite on my pc on controller but my controller is acting like a...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Im trying to play fortnite on my pc on controller but my controller is acting like a...: Ive tryed to change things in steam and in control panel please help me cebf506c-990f-499d-9132-9c0eac4fd456
  3. My controller and xbox are acting weird

in XBoX on Consoles
    My controller and xbox are acting weird: 2 days ago my xbox controller stopped working despite having new batteries. It would blink, and when i turned off the xbox the xbox would turn back on automatically. I unplugged the xboc and that...
  4. Xbox controller is acting strange, how can I fix it?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller is acting strange, how can I fix it?: My xbox one controller keeps disconnecting then randomly reconnecting, however after it reconnects it either doesnt work and I have to take the batteries out and restart it, or a random button...
  5. Xbox Controls are acting strangely

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Controls are acting strangely: I have tried searching for an answer to this but have been unsuccessful so I apologize if this has already been answered but I couldn’t find someone having the same problem as me; My Xbox...
  6. Controller acting like a mouse on windows 11?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller acting like a mouse on windows 11?: This question was asked back in 2019 - it referred to windows 10- this issue is still an issue "I've looked for hours and literally nothing pops up. Any known fix? Basically my controller acts...
  7. My controller triggers are acting up so I'm trying to get it replaced. My serial number on...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My controller triggers are acting up so I'm trying to get it replaced. My serial number on...: So basically how this happened was I turned on my Xbox, signed in, then as soon as I got on the games page it started moving the thumbstick up and down (on the games) by itself! I think the main...
  8. Why does my Xbox controller act funny

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox controller act funny: So I’ve been experiencing this for a couple days, every time I push up, down, left, or right it double scrolls, and when I finally get to the game I want my character just moves in circles and I...
  9. Wired Xbox One controller acting weird on Xbox GamePass on PC Windows 11

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wired Xbox One controller acting weird on Xbox GamePass on PC Windows 11: I'm using a wired Xbox One controller on GamePass on PC and it's acting very crazy, for example on Starfield the Y and B buttons are both jump buttons, left bumper is both scanner and crouch, the...
  10. Xbox Elite Series 2 controller rb, left thumb stick and right thumbstick acting weird.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Series 2 controller rb, left thumb stick and right thumbstick acting weird.: I don't know where to even start. My left and right thumbsticks started to drift a little bit right after I got it, which I didn't mind at all cause at the time I didn't care for the stick drift....