My controller does not take inputs when I launch a game and reach the main menu, why?

Discus and support My controller does not take inputs when I launch a game and reach the main menu, why? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; This problem started on minecraft when I tried to play it with some buddies and could not do anything but change user on the title screen, now I cannot... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by James Williams5, Jan 5, 2023.

1. My controller does not take inputs when I launch a game and reach the main menu, why?

This problem started on minecraft when I tried to play it with some buddies and could not do anything but change user on the title screen, now I cannot press "A" to start on Cold War. I was able to resolve the issue for a single launch when I factory reset my console for minecraft but it started doing the same thing again.

I have also attempted to soft reset and delete my game data multiple times and have come to no avail.

Edit: I have found that a different xbox account will allow me to play these games but mine will not.

:)

James Williams5, Jan 5, 2023
  2. andersonpassos Win User

My controller does not take inputs when I launch a game and reach the main menu, why?

Thank you for contact us! I'm Anderson, an Independent Consultant and a Microsoft user like you.

good evening

Check if there is a problem with your controller by trying to use it with a different game or device. If the controller works fine with other games and devices, the issue is likely with your Xbox profile.

Try signing out of your Xbox profile and signing back in. To do this, go to the home screen, select your profile, and then select "Sign out." Then, sign back in with your account and see if the issue is resolved.

If signing out and back in doesn't help, try clearing the cache on your console. To do this, press and hold the power button on your console until it turns off, then unplug the power cord and wait 10 seconds. Plug the power cord back in and turn the console on. This will clear the cache and may fix the issue.

If the issue persists, you may need to reset your Xbox profile. To do this, go to the home screen, select your profile, and then select "Manage account." From there, you can reset your profile and see if that resolves the issue.
  3. Tyler Tola Win User

My Xbox one controller stopped working on the Xbox dashboard.

Unfortunately, I have not previously connected my app on my phone to my console, and am now unable to do so without any controller input. The controller works just fine when I insert a game disk so that the game automatically launches. But as soon as I hit the home button and the home menu comes up, there’s no controller input except for the home button which will return me to the game. Is there any other way to update the controller firmware without the use of the controller itself?
  4. ShallowTech Win User

Controller stops working

Where do you clear the cache first of all and why would that have any thing to do with the controller not working when a game launches... Controller input is not stored in the system cache.

I have been experiencing this problems for a few days now. Last night when I was playing CoD AW with friends my controller stopped working in the game only. Menus and Xbox home it worked fine. As soon as I would join a game it would stop. It happens on multiple
    controllers and is very frustrating.

Someone from Xbox needs to respond to this as it is an obvious bug or problem with the system.
  5. Aculeus_ Win User

Xbox Elite 2 Bluetooth won't connect

I randomly got the controller to stay connected. When I open the Xbox App it says "This controller is connected via Bluetooth. Connect a USB cable to configure it." When I click on the test button, none of the buttons are registering inputs. The "Game
    Controllers" settings menu just lists a generic "Bluetooth XINPUT compatible input device" and does not register any inputs there either.
  6. Tyler MacLennan Win User

Logitech G923 broke games on Xbox One S

Hi, I've been having the same issues since last week Monday or Tuesday. It first started with Forza Horizon 5; I would turn on my Xbox with my G923 wheel and launch the game with input from the wheel; I never turned on my wireless controller. Once the game started and the Turn 10 Studios and Microsoft Games title screens showed, the audio was obviously laggy/choppy. The video quality and speed was fine. Then it took forever to get to the main start menu for FH5 and the audio issues persisted, sounding just as laggy/choppy. The game wouldn't take input from the G923, so I turned on my wireless controller and the game responded to the inputs from the controller. I pressed the center Xbox button on the controller and tried to go Home, but this took about five minutes to get the Xbox button menu to come up so I could select Home.

Once I was home, the Xbox was responding to inputs from the wheel and there was no lag or audio issues. I selected F1 22 and immediately the same issues came up. The game wouldn't respond to inputs from the wheel, only the controller, and audio was laggy (but not choppy, just not in sync with video displays). I was able to navigate to the track, using inputs from the controller, but the loading screens took quite a bit of time to load. Once I exited the pitlane, the xbox wouldn't take inputs from the wheel, the throttle was stuck open, and there was a slight lock on the steering wheel to the left.

At first I deleted both games and redownloaded them. The same issues persisted after redownloading them. Then I tried hard resetting my Xbox and nothing changed again. So then I reported the issue to the Forza Support and they recommended I disconnect the wheel and try starting up the game. The game starts and works perfectly fine when the wheel is not connected to the Xbox at all, but as soon as I plug in the wheel, the game studders, audio issues return, and it wont' accept inputs from the wheel at all.
Thema:

1. My controller does not take inputs when I launch a game and reach the main menu, why? - Similar Threads - controller does inputs

2. Why does my wireless Xbox controller disconnect and reconnect repeatedly on my Chromebook?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my wireless Xbox controller disconnect and reconnect repeatedly on my Chromebook?: So, I recently got a new wireless Xbox controller so I can play Xbox Cloud Gaming when I am not at home. My controller works for all of my compatible devices except my Acer Chromebook (which is...
  3. Why does my Xbox controller keep disconnecting

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox controller keep disconnecting: Why do my Xbox controllers keep disconnecting on my Xbox one but they work fine on my other Xbox’s? I have disconnected and reconnected the controller and changed the batteries, but the controller...
  4. Does Microsoft always send back faulty controllers?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does Microsoft always send back faulty controllers?: Around 6 months ago I decided to buy an Xbox Series S, all was fine except that after only weeks of use, the controller was drifting to a point of being unusable. I then bought another, it came...
  5. Why does my elite 2 controller only work when i plug it in.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my elite 2 controller only work when i plug it in.: I have an Elite 2 controller but the xbox button turns on and off. It'll be on for up to 5 seconds but none of the buttons work and it flashes really fast as if it connected but automatically...
  6. Why does my controller keep de-syncing

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my controller keep de-syncing: When I'm playing a game it randomly de-syncs for just a few seconds then starts working again normally. It's a brand new controller from the xbox store and sometimes it will go for hours with no...
  7. Does the Xbox elite series 2 controller come with the paddles as stock if I’m purchasing...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does the Xbox elite series 2 controller come with the paddles as stock if I’m purchasing...: Hello, I’m looking to purchase a custom controller from design labs, and I was looking at the elite series 2 controller, and it asks if I’d like to purchase paddles for an extra £21 on top of the...
  8. Why does the right bumper fail on so many Elite 2 controllers?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does the right bumper fail on so many Elite 2 controllers?: Since customer support was unable to help me I figure I would try here before deciding whether or not to buy anymore Xbox hardware. I've had 2 Xbox elite 2 controllers stop working. Both had the...
  9. why does my xbox series x controller keep disconnected

in XBoX on Consoles
    why does my xbox series x controller keep disconnected: my xbox series x controller keeps disconnecting i changed the batteries i couldnt resync the controller until i turned off the power supply but took about 2 minutes and the controller again...
  10. Why does my Xbox wired Controller Not Take any input after Turning on my Xbox with it?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox wired Controller Not Take any input after Turning on my Xbox with it?: Hi, So Recently I tried Booting up my Xbox One, I picked up my Wired Controller, Pressed the Xbox button on the controller, Things worked Just fine, I tried Using the D-pad but No input was...