My controller buttons don’t work and I can turn the Xbox on by the controller.

Discus and support My controller buttons don’t work and I can turn the Xbox on by the controller. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I can turn my Xbox1s on with my controller and it signs in because I have the setting on that a certain controller can automatically put in the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Greg Colman, Feb 13, 2024.

1. Greg Colman
    Greg Colman Guest

I can turn my Xbox1s on with my controller and it signs in because I have the setting on that a certain controller can automatically put in the password. I have tried all the buttons and none of them work not even the big Xbox button. Can someone please get back to me.

:)

Greg Colman, Feb 13, 2024
  2. Vardagul Win User

Hi there! My name is Darhlene and I'm more than happy to help you out!

According to XBF Houmaidi O, The Microsoft Agent | Moderator:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...-working/6d858723-2d6a-42cd-bac7-f76bbf058c49

"I will list some solutions that can fix this issue. Please give it a try and let us know how it goes!

1- Power cycle your controller: Many controller issues can be resolved by putting the controller through a complete power cycle. To power cycle your controller:

Press and hold the Xbox button for 5-10 seconds, until the controller turns off.

Wait a few seconds, then press and hold the Xbox button again to turn the controller back on.

2- Power cycle your Xbox: By pressing and holding the Xbox button on the front of the console for 10 seconds, until the console shuts off. Then, turn it back on.

3- Connect your controller to the console with a USB cable: You can use a USB to micro-USB cable to connect your controller to your Xbox. Plug the micro-USB end into the top of the controller, and the USB end into the USB slot on the side or back of the console. The cable will provide both power and a wired connection to the controller.

If your controller works when connected to your console with a USB cable, continue to the next step. If it doesn’t work when connected to your console with a USB cable, your controller needs to be replaced. Request an Xbox controller replacement

4- Update your controller: If your controller connects when using a USB cable but doesn't stay connected after removing the cable, reconnect the cable and see if there’s an update available for your controller:

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
    2. Under Profile & system, select Settings.
    3. Under Devices & connections, select Accessories.
    4. On the Xbox Wireless Controller screen, select “…” to check the firmware version for your controller
    5. If it says there’s no update available, your controller is current. If it says “Update,” follow the steps provided.
    6. Once your controller is updated, disconnect the USB cable and try connecting wirelessly again."

Kind regards,
    Darhlene
  3. JDRColegio Win User

Controller gets stuck

What type of problem are you having with your controller?

MY CONTROLLER WON’T CONNECT TO MY CONSOLE OR PC -> it doesn't apply. the controller does connect to my pc

I CAN’T UPDATE MY CONTROLLER -> it doesn't apply. Xbox Accessories says it is up to date

MY CONTROLLER DOESN’T FUNCTION CORRECTLY -> somehow it doesn't. let's take this option

MY CONTROLLER WON’T POWER ON -> it doesn't apply. the controller does power on

SOME OR ALL OF THE BUTTONS ON MY CONTROLLER DON’T WORK AT ALL -> it doesn't apply. All buttons do work correctly

SOME OF THE BUTTONS ON MY CONTROLLER DON’T WORK AS EXPECTED -> it doesn't apply. All buttons do work as expected.

so:
    Xbox One Wireless Controller Solution
    doesn't have an option for the "stops working" symptom
  4. GladiaMcNamara Win User

Xbox One controller won't turn on

OMG!!! I tried that and it worked fine, I turned on my xbox with the controller attached via usb and I held the xbox button on the controller and it turned on my xbox and the controller is working like a charm now. THANKS a lot, thank you, thank you!!! Yay!
    :)
  5. arbyksv Win User

Xbox One controller turn off when I press the bluetooth button (PC and Steam Link)

Yes, I'm trying to connect my controller via Bluetooth on my Windows 10 PC (It worked before yesterday). When I connect my controller via USB Cable it works fine.

The XBox Button flashing slowly when it's turn on. When I press the sync button to connect via Bluetooth, the XBox Button flashes for 1 second and the controller turn off.
  6. Jared Warner Win User

Controller won't sync, help!!

I think I have found the answer to your problem. I honestly thought it wouldn't work, but this did perfectly for me. Hopefully this will work for you and everyone who's having this problem.

1. Plug in your controller to your Xbox One via cable.

2. As the controller is turned on, hold the Xbox button and turn the controller off, not the console.

3. Have your Kinect plugged in and turned on and face it to your controller.

4. Turn on your controller and hold the controller sync button.

This should work for you as it worked for me. If not, try it this way with an added step:

1. Plug in your controller to your Xbox One via cable.

2. As the controller is turned on, hold the Xbox button and turn the controller off, not the console.

3. Have your Kinect plugged in and turned on and face it to your controller.

4. Press the sync button on the left-side of your Xbox One console.

5. Turn on your controller and hold the controller sync button, facing the controller towards your system and Kinect.
Thema:

1. My controller buttons don’t work and I can turn the Xbox on by the controller. - Similar Threads - controller buttons don’t

2. The audio won't work on my Xbox and my controller won't stop pressing the fake A button

in XBoX on Windows
    The audio won't work on my Xbox and my controller won't stop pressing the fake A button: The audio does not play at all and my controller won't stop pressing A fakely. Is there a way to fix this? f85344fb-cd63-4abb-ac48-68a01636c631
  3. Controller wont stay on. It will work if i hold the power button

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller wont stay on. It will work if i hold the power button: Controller wont stay on unless i hold the power button. I have tried all options, new batteries, update, reset both system and controller with no luck whatsoever....
  4. My xbox elite controllers light doesn't turn on and only some buttons work

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox elite controllers light doesn't turn on and only some buttons work: My xbxo elite controllers xbox button turned blue after hopping onto a game and none of the buttons worked so I hard reset my controller to see if that would fix it but it didn't. Instead the xbox...
  5. Xbox One Controller only connects to my PC if I hold down on the bluetooth button on...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Controller only connects to my PC if I hold down on the bluetooth button on...: I click the xbox button on the controller and it acts as if it's not connected to anything. But as soon as I click down on the bluetooth search button on the controller, my PC recognizes it...
  6. Xbox Controller buttons registering to keyboard buttons

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Controller buttons registering to keyboard buttons: I connected my xbox controller to my pc and when i tried to play games with it the buttons didnt work right. For example I was playing a game on my computer and when i pressed the A button it...
  7. Some of the buttons on my Series X controller just stopped working...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Some of the buttons on my Series X controller just stopped working...: Hi! I was playing Forza Horizon 5 when I went back to the Home Screen to do something but after I did that my controller decided it didn't wanna respond to anything unless I was pressing the Xbox...
  8. The A button on my XBOX controller got mapped to the pause button on PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    The A button on my XBOX controller got mapped to the pause button on PC: I have been using my xbox controller on my pc with 0 problems for the past 2-3 years, and out of no where my A button got mapped to the pause button. For example I play rocket league, and when I...
  9. My RT button bugged it like being press on even tho i don’t my finger on the controller

in XBoX on Windows
    My RT button bugged it like being press on even tho i don’t my finger on the controller: This bugged may be due to me playing on cloud gaming 0edc4b19-cfec-4a50-a583-477e43a4b897
  10. xbox controller died and now certain buttons don’t work

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox controller died and now certain buttons don’t work: Xbox controller died mid game, usually I can plug it in with usb cable and it continues to work fine. Plugged it in this time and the A, X, B, Y buttons will not work but all other buttons and...