My console shut down when I want to play a game

Discus and support My console shut down when I want to play a game in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello! I’m having this problem. My console power on normally but whenever I want to play a game it turn off by itself.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Emiliano Almeida, Nov 18, 2022.

1. My console shut down when I want to play a game

Hello! I’m having this problem. My console power on normally but whenever I want to play a game it turn off by itself.

:)

Emiliano Almeida, Nov 18, 2022
  2. Kathy A. Win User

Good day!

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume that your issue has already been resolved. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com)

[​IMG]

Thank you for your understanding.

Respectfully,

Microsoft Moderator
  3. Kathy A. Win User

Hello Emiliano Almeida,

Welcome to Xbox Community Forum. Thank you for sharing your concern with us today and we hope that all is well.

We understand that you are trying to play on your Xbox Console. Based on your description, the console will turn off whenever you try to play. Let us check on this together so you will get back to gaming.

It is quite strange that your console will turn off whenever you try to play a game. To have a better understanding, we would like to further isolate your concern.

1. May we ask if you are getting error message when you try to play a game?
    2. What games are you trying to play and in what console?
    3. Is your console storage almost full?
    4. When did this issue happen?
    5. Do you mind providing more details about your concern?
    Do you have issues with your console being too hot? This support article list solutions that you might find to be helpful:

Support article: Troubleshoot Xbox console unexpectedly turning off | Xbox Support

Solution 1: If the console is too hot.

If you see a message that says your Xbox is getting improper ventilation, or if the console is hot to the touch, follow these steps:

1. Turn off the console.
    2. Wait at least one hour.
    3. Move the console to a well-ventilated spot.
    4. Turn on the console.
    It is important to make sure your console is in a cool, well-ventilated place. Remove any objects on, under, or right next to the console. For more info, see: How to position and ventilate your Xbox console | Xbox Support

Solution 2: Troubleshoot your power supply.

If your console continues to shut down unexpectedly, the problem might be the power supply. For info about how to troubleshoot power supply issues, go to: My Xbox console won't turn on | Xbox Support

Important

To ensure that your console is receiving the full voltage necessary, plug your console’s power cord directly into a wall outlet and not any kind of surge protector or extension cord.

Solution 3: Change the console settings so it doesn’t turn off automatically

1. Turn on the console.
    2. Press the Xbox button on your controller to open the guide.
    3. Select Profile & system > Settings > General > Power mode & startup.
    4. Under Options, select Turn off after, and then select Don’t turn off automatically.
    Solution 4: Perform a system reset to clear any corruption

Console shutdowns can sometimes happen due to system corruption, requiring the console be reset to factory defaults. For info on how to reset your console operating system, go to: How to reset your Xbox console to factory defaults | Xbox Support

Important System corruption can sometimes spread to external storage devices, so unplug any external storage (such as external hard drives) before performing a system reset and leave such devices unplugged until you’re able to verify whether the issue is still occurring after the reset.

Support articles you might like to check for reference on setting up Xbox Console:

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  4. MALCIVAR Win User

Modern Warfare causing Xbox One X crashing

I have the same exact problem. However, I have found a workaround to the issue. My Xbox One X console fully shuts down only when I am in a party and when I am playing the game at the same time. The solution to the whole situation is to use game chat to
    play with friends. By doing this I have not had the console shut down on me. Hope this helps until they fix the problem.
  5. NICKSWISHER53 Win User

Background/Idle/Stand-By Downloads

But that doesn't answer my question quite all the way. I'm going to keep it on energy saving mode, I just want to know if the download will continue when I power down the console and then shut the console will shut off completely when it is finished.
  6. AdvanceTrash667 Win User

Controller home button turns console off xbox1

The console is ok not hot and well ventilated but when i use my wireless controller to commence play, and i press the (homex) button on controller it automatically shuts console game down .

I cant press the button at all to get into settings or anything as it shuts down system. Tried my other wireless controller and does the same thing every time !
Thema:

1. My console shut down when I want to play a game - Similar Threads - console shut down

2. Doing offline system update, console shut down as expected. It's been 15min and hasn't...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Doing offline system update, console shut down as expected. It's been 15min and hasn't...: Was on step 2 at 57 percent complete c584bb00-39a9-48b1-af5f-a221cd4c2564
  3. Why does the Xbox series X lose WiFi connection capability when the console power shuts off?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does the Xbox series X lose WiFi connection capability when the console power shuts off?: Hello, I bought the series X last week and I have had constant issues with Xbox not connecting to the WiFi, after it was set up, when I start the system. Absolutely nothing changes. The system...
  4. Every time I start my Xbox I have to do reset the console to play or else it will shut off...

in XBoX on Windows
    Every time I start my Xbox I have to do reset the console to play or else it will shut off...: I will turn on my Xbox series x and after a minute or two of it running it will automatically shut off. My xbox will run after I do a keep games and apps reset on the console but will do the same...
  5. My downloaded games close or shut down console (xbox X) while playing without warning?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My downloaded games close or shut down console (xbox X) while playing without warning?: My downloaded games close or shut down console (xbox X) while playing without warning? 04d264b4-6e25-4d93-a2ac-ab117c68aa3c
  6. Should i just turn off console or completely shut down the xbox series s evertime after...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Should i just turn off console or completely shut down the xbox series s evertime after...: I am asking it because i am new to xbox . c73f055a-8ce4-41b1-8a39-3b5e6987c042
  7. 2 accounts (outlook and Gmail)on 2 consoles in different rooms, why do I get shut off on...

in XBoX on Windows
    2 accounts (outlook and Gmail)on 2 consoles in different rooms, why do I get shut off on...: 2 different consoles with 2 different accounts, while using 1 and the other one is signed in you are dropped off on the first console. 708132b7-5ae4-45c5-a006-f69b41626f29
  8. Why does my console shut off to a snow screen or go to dashboard on wz fortnight any game...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my console shut off to a snow screen or go to dashboard on wz fortnight any game...: Series s shuts down in cod wz either freezes on a snowy screen or sends me back to dash board 4ef8c9a0-d579-437a-a556-e4f873a2669d
  9. When I shut off my xbox one S, with either the button on the console or the xbox button on...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When I shut off my xbox one S, with either the button on the console or the xbox button on...: So when I power off my Xbox one S, either by button on the console or the xbox button on my controller, i pick the turn off console option, and now for some reason everytime I power off it goes...
  10. Console Shuts Down at 4AM when in Standby Mode

in XBoX on Consoles
    Console Shuts Down at 4AM when in Standby Mode: Hey there, I have a question/concern and was wondering if anyone else has experienced it (and/or if anyone knows how to fix it). My Xbox Series X is set to go into standby mode when turned off w/...