My computer shuts down, SOMETIMES, when I'm playing Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition.

Discus and support My computer shuts down, SOMETIMES, when I'm playing Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I bought the game from the Microsoft Store and although it doesn't always happen, it's common that I'm playing and my PC shuts down, like if the power... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Fabián León, May 20, 2023.

1. My computer shuts down, SOMETIMES, when I'm playing Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition.

I bought the game from the Microsoft Store and although it doesn't always happen, it's common that I'm playing and my PC shuts down, like if the power goes out. No error message, warning, or anything. I have a W10 Pro PC with Ryzen 5600x, an 8 GB RX580 and 16 GB of RAM. All my drivers are up to date and it's the only game with which this happens.

:)

Fabián León, May 20, 2023
  2. andersonpassos Win User

My computer shuts down, SOMETIMES, when I'm playing Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition.

a desktop only turns off when the command to turn off is activated or when there is overheating, so as not to burn the processor. If it's not a physical defect, it could be a bug, but neither will new updates be released for this game, nor have there been reports of this type of problem in the community.
  3. Fabián León Win User

Hi Anderson, thank you for your prompt response.

I don't think it could be what you mention. First, because this happens only with this game and I play much more demanding games that even bring the internal temperature up to 150º, with this game it doesn't even reach 120º. Secondly, I am a pretty careful person with my PC and although I know that we are all exposed to security breaches, I do not download anything that does not come from a reliable source and that has not been scanned by my antivirus. The only programs I have installed are Steam/Epic games and the Office 365 suite, and of course I don't browse shady sites.
  4. andersonpassos Win User

Thank you for contact us! I'm Anderson, an Independent Consultant and a Microsoft user like you.

Good evening

Shutdown in general is directly related to the energy, in this case the source or the motherboard, or processor heating that can also cause shutdown. Finally, it could still be a virus, but in the latter case, I advise you to format your Windows or you won't get rid of it so easily. For both problems only a technician will help you with the problem.
  5. igoravila Win User

Age Of Empires definitive edition

6. supermm Win User

What’s Everyone Playing This Weekend (17 - 19 January 2020)

I played Ticket to Ride, Gems of War and Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition
Thema:

1. My computer shuts down, SOMETIMES, when I'm playing Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition. - Similar Threads - computer shuts down

2. how to connect my computer to Xbox 360?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    how to connect my computer to Xbox 360?: how to connect my computer to Xbox 360? ba1fdca5-c40d-4cbe-8579-ed588406bf13
  3. Why is my Xbox Series X turning on with no picture on my tv or computer monitor?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my Xbox Series X turning on with no picture on my tv or computer monitor?: I tried different hdmi cables.I turning the console on and off as listed on the list of steps to troubleshoot.It finally turned on.I did the 10 second power cycle then got nothing on both my tv...
  4. Dualshock 4 not working with my computer when connected through USB

in XBoX on Consoles
    Dualshock 4 not working with my computer when connected through USB: The yellow bar lights up and sometimes it resets my audio devices, but it isn't recognized by games unless I have it connected by bluetooth, which I typically keep off. The controller did work via...
  5. I don't have bluetooth on my computer!

in XBoX on Consoles
    I don't have bluetooth on my computer!: I recently got a new computer/tower pc and it doesn't have any bluetooth options. So all my 400 dollars wireless gear from my last pc is now useless. Otherwise, I have to get this wireless...
  6. My xbox one controller is no longer connecting through bluetooth to my windows 10 computer

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox one controller is no longer connecting through bluetooth to my windows 10 computer: I have recently paired my xbox one controller to my computer and it no longer connects to the computer. I have restarted both the computer and the controller multiple times as well as turning the...
  7. Why do I not have background app permissions for Xbox if my computer is not in S mode

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do I not have background app permissions for Xbox if my computer is not in S mode: I am just getting tired of trying to find an answer, I've been trying for months.. Since December and I have not found a fix... So hopefully someone here has an aswer to find background app...
  8. New Computer Steam (Running Install Script Microsoft VC Redistributable)

in XBoX on Windows
    New Computer Steam (Running Install Script Microsoft VC Redistributable): I just started up my brand new IBUYPOWER computer with MSI motherboard, i7 13700f, got everything updated on microsoft and everything else needed. downloaded Steam and Day Z and everytime I click...
  9. Dell i7 core computer looping though blue green red black and white while booting

in XBoX on Windows
    Dell i7 core computer looping though blue green red black and white while booting: My dell computer while its booting up loops through blue red green white and black and it wont stop i need help. 74318dbb-6647-4220-827a-50d78e8cd7ea
  10. Headset either Xbox and computer monitor

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset either Xbox and computer monitor: My son recently got a computer monitor, mouse, and keyboard to connect to his Xbox one. He loves the set up but now his headset will not work correctly. He can hear but the mic does not work so he...