My clips got deleted?

Discus and support My clips got deleted? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I recently used the manage feature to upload all my clips to OneDrive, but upon doing this, half my clips got deleted (that I tried to upload) on both... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by CloserBucket162, Feb 3, 2023.

1. My clips got deleted?

I recently used the manage feature to upload all my clips to OneDrive, but upon doing this, half my clips got deleted (that I tried to upload) on both Xbox console and never got to OneDrive My clips got deleted? :( .The other clips did upload to OneDrive and remained on console so I am not sure what has happened.

:)

CloserBucket162, Feb 3, 2023
  2. Francia J. Win User

My clips got deleted?

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

I would like to clarify, did you make any changes such as resetting the console? That will not delete or remove any game clips that weren't uploaded to OneDrive and were left on the Xbox console's local storage.

You can try performing a powercycle on your console by following the steps below:

​​​

POWERCYCLE CONSOLE​​​

​​​

1. Turn off your console by holding the Xbox button on the front of the console for approximately 10 seconds. The console will turn off. ​​​

2. Turn your console back on by pressing the Xbox button on the console or the Xbox button on your controller. ​​​

After that check your game clips again.
  3. RJ Shad0W Win User

Xbox Clips Got Deleted

I clearly remember taking the time to do everything including saving them...
  4. M3tal Daz3 Win User

Xbox Clips Got Deleted

If you don't save your clips they get deleted to save space
  5. Onset Yakuza Win User

Xbox Clipping not working

I deleted all my old clips and cannot clip still
  6. rbrown-uk Win User

edit: additional information. It seems that, further to not being able to save clips that were created offline, these clips can unexpectedly get deleted from your drive before you can do anything with them. I think this is part of the syncing process.

The other day, I had some clips that were visible on my drive which I was going to edit in Upload and save as clips on the cloud (the only way to save them).

However, for some reason when I connected my Xbox to do that, the clips got removed after the syncing process. It was as if the cloud said 'sorry, these clips aren't on MY drive, so therefore, I can't acknowledge the fact that these clips exist on YOUR drive'.
    And they just got deleted, or hidden. This bummed me out to a massive degree since they were great moments that I wanted to save.

Very frustrating. As with lots of things with this console. Ideas are great on paper but if they're not executed properly they are just millstones.
Thema:

My clips got deleted?

1. My clips got deleted? - Similar Threads - clips got deleted

2. Is there any way to include mine and others party chat audio in game clips. Im on xbox series X

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Is there any way to include mine and others party chat audio in game clips. Im on xbox series X: Is there any way to include mine and others party chat audio in game clips. Im on xbox series X b58ffff7-5cd1-473c-8490-522e1b9dcab7
  3. Since the update on April 10th/11th, unable to record any game clips

in XBoX on Consoles
    Since the update on April 10th/11th, unable to record any game clips: Hi, Since update 10.0.25398.4086 (xb_flt_2404zn.240402-1830), my Xbox One is not able to record anything. [Description of how it looks] When I try to record, sometimes I get a pop up saying...
  4. Why cant i hear my voice in my xbox clips?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why cant i hear my voice in my xbox clips?: When i clip my games, you can hear the other people in the game but cant hear me. When i clip overwatch 2 and i talk, it shows at the side on the clip that im talking but you cant hear me but can...
  5. all local captures (clips) got deleted. How to recover them?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    all local captures (clips) got deleted. How to recover them?: Hello. I was away for few days and played on my brother's xbox (series s) with my account. When I came back home, I did an software update on my xbox one s. Today, I wanted to upload some of my...
  6. i got a suspension for making clips of a game microsoft sold to me.

in XBoX Accessibility
    i got a suspension for making clips of a game microsoft sold to me.: i bought the game Agony on my Xbox, played and enjoyed it so i made a few clips of my gameplay. a few hours later i signed back in and got made aware of that i received suspension till 6/4 for...
  7. Ok. So I just got suspended for a video clip.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Ok. So I just got suspended for a video clip.: I recorded something story related in the game 'Agony'. I can understand that a gore filled clip might not be the best to share.. but.. After some digging.. apparently people get suspended for any...
  8. I tried uploading a clip I got on PC to xbox live with Xbox Console Companion today.

in XboX Insiders
    I tried uploading a clip I got on PC to xbox live with Xbox Console Companion today.: I got an error saying it was removed, but the button to upload is still there. Is this a permanent change? I really hope not it was so convenient and I don’t understand why it would benefit...
  9. Look at the Xbox controller clip I just got. Finally I am complete

in XboX Insiders
    Look at the Xbox controller clip I just got. Finally I am complete: [IMG] submitted by /u/John-dannelly [link] [comments]
  10. Got two repeated enforcement messages for AoT edited clip?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Got two repeated enforcement messages for AoT edited clip?: Hello I wanted to know why I got two enforcement messages about my Attack on Titan clip that was edited it? I understand the Titans are somewhat naked and the extreme violence but you guys own the...