My child has an Xbox profile associated with my Microsoft account email. Is there a way to...

Discus and support My child has an Xbox profile associated with my Microsoft account email. Is there a way to... in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; My child has an Xbox profile associated with my Microsoft account email. Is there a way to switch his profile to a new email address?... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Lee Burgin, Aug 21, 2022.

1. Lee Burgin
    Lee Burgin Guest

My child has an Xbox profile associated with my Microsoft account email. Is there a way to...

My child has an Xbox profile associated with my Microsoft account email. Is there a way to switch his profile to a new email address?

:)

Lee Burgin, Aug 21, 2022
  2. CamicaziBoss Win User

How does my son use his profile on another Xbox?

Adult accounts can sign in on any console with their own password. As previously suggested, his account may still be a child account.

It's also possible that his Xbox profile is connected to YOUR Microsoft account; this happened with one of my younger brothers who used my mom's Microsoft account to create his gamertag.

Check the email address associated with his Xbox Live profile. If it's your address, he'll need to either make a new Microsoft account and gamertag, get your password, or change the email address associated with that account.
  3. HomegrownSilky Win User

My child has an Xbox profile associated with my Microsoft account email. Is there a way to switch his profile to a new email address?

Your Microsoft account and the Xbox account are basically just one thing. They cannot be separated completely without deleting the email account. Sorry but one of you will have to start over fresh if you wish to separate the two accounts.
  4. andersonpassos Win User

5. EMB3D Win User

Can I move an Xbox account (set up for my kids years ago) off of my main Microsoft account?

Can I change the email on the overall Microsoft account (that the Xbox profile is linked to) to my child's email, and then setup a new Microsoft account with my original email so I can then just use my Office (Word, Powerpoint, Excel) subscription from that?

My issue is I need to keep my Office subscription with my email address - - which is also the address of the Microsoft account overall. And my email / Microsoft account is linked to the Xbox profile used by my child.
  6. kyle_m4496 Win User

It is possible to switch the Microsoft account my Xbox account is connected to or switch the email of my Microsoft account to a different email that already has a Microsoft account?

Hi! My name is Kyle and I'm an independent advisor.

Once an email address has been added to a Microsoft account, it cannot be associated with another account, even if you delete the account or remove the email.

Unfortunately, it's not possible to merge accounts or switch the account that's associated with your Xbox profile.
Thema:

1. My child has an Xbox profile associated with my Microsoft account email. Is there a way to... - Similar Threads - child has profile

2. Hiw do I change my child's password if he has forgotten it

in XBoX Accessibility
    Hiw do I change my child's password if he has forgotten it: My son has forgotten his password for his Xbox account andi amstruggling to locate the part of my account that holds it, to have it changed. Any help is much appreciated...
  3. How do i transfer purchased game pass games on adult.profile to childs profile which has...

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do i transfer purchased game pass games on adult.profile to childs profile which has...: There must be some security?!! Or even how do i put a time restriction on the adult?! Please help 0b5d14da-18c4-4e9f-838c-57db0a1d8cf6
  4. Child has one email and two Xbox names - one for console, one for laptop. How do I add both...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Child has one email and two Xbox names - one for console, one for laptop. How do I add both...: Child has two Xbox names (one for console one for laptop) and one email for both. How do I add both to family safety? ae294462-0d41-4f0d-90ae-462da880a916
  5. Child has managed to bypass xbox family controls

in XBoX Accessibility
    Child has managed to bypass xbox family controls: Child's xbox no longer goes off as per xbox family setting. How has he managed to do this? Help 3ca0b014-b9be-4c88-9894-ea0605676be0
  6. How do I play Minecraft Bedrock with my daughter in multipayer when she has a child account...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How do I play Minecraft Bedrock with my daughter in multipayer when she has a child account...: I have Minecraft for PC and she has it on her Nintendo Switch. She is on the family group and linked to my account. I followed some instructions to send her an in-game invitation and she came up...
  7. I paid for an xbox gold subscription as the adult, but my child who has a separate account...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I paid for an xbox gold subscription as the adult, but my child who has a separate account...: I paid for an xbox gold subscription as the adult (it wouldn't let me order it as my child), but my child who has a separate account can't access the game pass - is there a way to transfer the...
  8. How do I play Minecraft Bedrock with my daughter in multipayer when she has a child account...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How do I play Minecraft Bedrock with my daughter in multipayer when she has a child account...: I have Minecraft for PC and she has it on her Nintendo Switch. She is on the family group and linked to my account. I followed some instructions to send her an in-game invitation and she came up...
  9. Child MS account has 3rd party apps blocked for Halo MCC??? How do I fix this?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Child MS account has 3rd party apps blocked for Halo MCC??? How do I fix this?: I bought the Halo: Master Chief Collection today for my daughter's Steam account so we can play together. Unfortunately, she is unable to login into her Microsoft account where it states that...
  10. Child has to put in password each time they play minecraft

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Child has to put in password each time they play minecraft: Each time my kids play minecraft they have to put in their password. I had 2 step authentication set up on my account and turned that off and I also set my account to sign in automatically...