My C drive is full, can't select my D drive as a download.

Discus and support My C drive is full, can't select my D drive as a download. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I want to install Halo: MCC to play with a friend, but my C Drive is full. Can't really uninstall a lot, as most of the stuff I still use. I've got 2T... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by RainbowStone75, Nov 14, 2022.

1. My C drive is full, can't select my D drive as a download.

I want to install Halo: MCC to play with a friend, but my C Drive is full. Can't really uninstall a lot, as most of the stuff I still use. I've got 2T of storage in D Drive, and want to use it to install.

Can't.

Even changed the install path in the Xbox PC settings to D Drive. Made it so all new files go to D Drive. Nothing.

:)

RainbowStone75, Nov 14, 2022
  2. RainbowStone75 Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this

Please double check if the 2TB drive that you want to use is already formatted as NTFS
    For this open file explorer > my computer > right click on the drive > properties > next to file system
    It already is formatted to NTFS.
  3. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this RAINBOWSTONE75

Please double check if the 2TB drive that you want to use is already formatted as NTFS
    For this open file explorer > my computer > right click on the drive > properties > next to file system
  4. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Thank you, in order to isolate a bit more the problem tell me:

If you try with a different game the issue persist?

Is this the first time that you try to use this drive? Or you used it before with a different PC?

If it’s the first time, if you see the files and folders on that drive… are you able to see these folders?

WpSystem, WindowsApps , XboxGames
  5. DimFall Win User

Trying to change which drive my games download to

It still wont let me download anything to my D drive. even in the settings when I select the D drive i get no option to select a folder with it like I do with the C drive. I'm also on windows 10 if that has anything to do with it.
  6. NoahBeattie Win User

Unable to Install Age of Empire IV on my D drive.

Yes I could download it on my (c:) drive but there is not enough space on my computer (the (c:) drive) to download the game that is why I was trying to download it on a (d:) drive.
Thema:

1. My C drive is full, can't select my D drive as a download. - Similar Threads - drive full can't

2. Why can’t i see my game in my full library that was downloaded on an external hard drive...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can’t i see my game in my full library that was downloaded on an external hard drive...: So I had my copy of Lego Star Wars the Skywalker Saga downloaded on my external hard drive as well as my copy of Red Dead Redemption 2 but that was the disc version and I could redownload Red Dead...
  3. 1TB external hard drive says full but nothing on it

in XBoX on Consoles
    1TB external hard drive says full but nothing on it: I have a Seagate external hard drive that’s 1TB I barely had anything on in the first place and now it says I have 0.0 GB out of 1.8TB, when I look at what’s on it there is no apps or games on the...
  4. Why does my Seagate external hard drive its full but its empty

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Seagate external hard drive its full but its empty: I have a seagate hard drive and I've been trying to get ot to work but I can't it says 100% full but also thats theirs nothing at all on it even when i check it on my computer its says that theirs...
  5. Xbox Series S, Game update installs full game again. Takes double the space on hard drive....

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Series S, Game update installs full game again. Takes double the space on hard drive....: Hey, Im on an Xbox Series S device. But i've had this issue in the past on my xbox one too. I bought Cyberpunk 2077 Digitally a few days ago. Its a download of 63.03gb which is a lot to...
  6. My external hard drive on Xbox says that it's full but it's not showing any of the games I...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My external hard drive on Xbox says that it's full but it's not showing any of the games I...: There was almost 900G of games on my external hard drive and I was using until yesterday but today all the games disappeared and the hard is full but when I try to copy or move anything from it...
  7. My Xbox one reads Seagate Hard Drive as Full and it's Not

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox one reads Seagate Hard Drive as Full and it's Not: I have an 8 terabyte Xbox hard drive that worked really well until my Xbox crashed one time. The Xbox would no longer read it I updated my Xbox and it now shows up but says its storage is...
  8. Internal hard drive full

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Internal hard drive full: I’ve bought an external hard drive to put most of my games on. At the moment there is no games on my Xbox series S. but it still says that 79% of the memory is used....
  9. Xbox series x full shutdown disc drive noise

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x full shutdown disc drive noise: When i shutdown my console all the lights power off including my external HDD light. A couple of seconds later my HDD light comes back on and the disc drive makes a noise like it's reading a disc...
  10. Xbox one not recognizing full storage amount of Toshiba external hard drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one not recognizing full storage amount of Toshiba external hard drive: My xbox one is connected to a Toshiba hard drive. The blue light is flashing. When i go to storage my hard drive doesn’t show ip, only the games stored on the xbox....