My brothers Xbox account was hacked, recovery email changed

Discus and support My brothers Xbox account was hacked, recovery email changed in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; My brother has been an Xbox account holder for over 10 years, and its such a shame a company as big as Microsoft makes it so difficult to recover his... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Daniel Moran1, Nov 23, 2022.

1. My brothers Xbox account was hacked, recovery email changed

My brother has been an Xbox account holder for over 10 years, and its such a shame a company as big as Microsoft makes it so difficult to recover his account. The Xbox account *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. *** was hacked due to a password breach and not having a 2FA. The recovery email was changed to "et*********@mailnesia.com" and this site is used for anonymous email accounts. Why can't the recovery email be changed back to my brothers primary email so that he can reset his password and set up 2FA on his account?

I provided the proof of purchase for the Xbox Series X and it includes the serial number of the Xbox my brothers been using over the last year. I spent $800 for the console and 2 year Game pass service last year for his christmas gift and now my brother has lost all his digital library and game progress.

His account has been hacked since July and support has not been helpful at all towards resolving the case. We answered a list of questions including the Console's Xbox Live Device ID, IP Address, billing and personal information yet they still can't match our information to the account which is ridiculous.

Is there any other way we can go about authorizing my brother as the account holder so he can play his Xbox?

:)

Daniel Moran1, Nov 23, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this Daniel

Unfortunately nope, if the methods below and even if Microsoft support weren’t able to help you with that.
    Unfortunately the account can’t be recovered

https://support.microsoft.com/account-billing/h...

Please note that here in the forums no one can assist you with this process / tell you the specific-new email address / modify or share account details due to privacy and security policies
  3. lochy s Win User

My Microsoft account was hacked

I tried using the 'account recovery form' however it asks for the email of the account but since it was hacked and the email was changed I dont know the email.
  4. tongpay Win User

account hacked but i made a new microsoft account

Thanks, but what email do i use for the recovery? i made a new microsoft account with the same email as the email in my hacked account before it was changed and im afraid i might accidentally access the new microsoft account i made.
  5. DaedricLords47 Win User

Purchased Xbox Live online and didn't get it.

sorry, last post asked how to redownload. in response to smwutches, this is my brother's account. My email got hacked, and the password changed, so I can't access your link.
  6. Colin Callahan1 Win User

I cannot get access to Xbox Web Chats or Calls

Hey thank you for trying to help it doesn't help with my situation at the moment the problem I have at the moment is that the person who hacked my account somehow made it into my email and was able to change the recovery email on the account so I can't get a recover email and I need to be able to talk to Microsoft or Xbox so I can show I have the details to get my Xbox account back to me if possible
Thema:

1. My brothers Xbox account was hacked, recovery email changed - Similar Threads - brothers account was

2. My brother has put 50 pound codes on his account but not showed up on it what is going on...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My brother has put 50 pound codes on his account but not showed up on it what is going on...: I need to find out what is going on with my brother account on Xbox one it not give him his gift card credit of 50 pound please help and tell me y please c9ea2a75-e215-4803-81f7-aea4a3e2f4c8
  3. My brother has gotten my husband’s whole Xbox account banned trying to log in with the...

in XBoX on Windows
    My brother has gotten my husband’s whole Xbox account banned trying to log in with the...: Need help because we can’t get a call back from Xbox customer support. 586a5c9e-fd05-4970-8322-2bf4a1996f41
  4. How do I gameshare once I add my brother account onto my Xbox his games aren’t popping up...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I gameshare once I add my brother account onto my Xbox his games aren’t popping up...: How do I gameshare once I add my brother account onto my Xbox his games aren’t popping up it like it’s keeping my Xbox account as the home Xbox even though I change it to his...
  5. Hello my brother brought modern warfare 3 from my account and I have tried refunding the...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hello my brother brought modern warfare 3 from my account and I have tried refunding the...: Hello my brother brought modern warfare 3 from my account and I have tried refunding the game but I am eligible. If not refund can you help to changing the Xbox version of the game into pc version...
  6. Why isn't my brothers pin working when I'm trying to sign into his account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why isn't my brothers pin working when I'm trying to sign into his account?: I've been trying to access my brothers gamepass, but for some reason, every time I try logging in, the pin doesn't seem to work. I've tried all of the pins he could think of, and nothing worked....
  7. I recently gave my old Xbox to my brother and he created a new account but whenever he...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I recently gave my old Xbox to my brother and he created a new account but whenever he...: Hello I gave my old Xbox one to my brother, he created a new profile but anytime he tries to play online it says his account is not set up right. How do I fix this...
  8. My Roblox account is on my brother Xbox and I want it off that account

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Roblox account is on my brother Xbox and I want it off that account: so my Roblox account is on my brother account and I need to get rid of it idk the user name of his account 8120be0e-3a6d-4c93-a630-c61c5351ec5b
  9. Brothers Account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Brothers Account: How do I make my little brother's account an Adult account? I have the setting as adult default and even double checked all the account settings. Nothing in the settings is on a child setting....
  10. I made this account to play with my brother on bo3 split screen and while I had it while a...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I made this account to play with my brother on bo3 split screen and while I had it while a...: Why did this happen to me and why so long? 006d4fb9-1a56-46b1-a13c-a38e3bb2d3bd