My brother spilled water on my xbox and it went inside the fan area, what should I do

Discus and support My brother spilled water on my xbox and it went inside the fan area, what should I do in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So my brother spilled water on my xbox and it went inside the vent area while my xbox was on so what I did was get unplug my xbox and get paper towels... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ULTIMATEASSASIAN��⚔GAMER, May 9, 2021.

1. My brother spilled water on my xbox and it went inside the fan area, what should I do

So my brother spilled water on my xbox and it went inside the vent area while my xbox was on so what I did was get unplug my xbox and get paper towels and wiped it but some water managed to go in the vent area and I dont know what to do. I want to turn it on but im afraid something might happen. Also where the vent area is it smells like smoke

:)

ULTIMATEASSASIAN��⚔GAMER, May 9, 2021
  2. Farscape247 Win User

My brother spilled water on my xbox and it went inside the fan area, what should I do

rice is the worse thing you can do, it has a residue and powder on it that gets everywhere, the amount of phones and laptops i have had to repair that have had liquid damage and then user has dunked it in rice is a nightmare. plus rice does not work very well, if at all.

It would be better to get the xbox checked for corrosion before using it again, it may be ok, or may need a small repair but if turning on and not checked coudl make the entire situation worse.
  3. SwordofWhedon Win User

100% correct. Rice does nothing but dirty up your device.

Corrosion starts instantly

Since he smells smoke, the Xbox is almost certainly toast. Time to make your brother mow some lawns to buy you a new one
  4. demonizer andy Win User

find nearest table and proceed to chokeslam brother haha.

firstly make sure the console is unplugged and away from any electrical appliances or sockets . With this being classed as accidental damage any warranty wouldnt cover it unless you have any content insurances that will, you have a couple ofoptions that may or may not work dependant on the amount of water that entered the console and it is purely at your discretion at what you try, firstly is to leave it unplugged for a couple of days and hopefully let the water evapourate over the course of a few days and hope it works.

2nd option is to find a container large enough, fill it with dry rice and this may draw out the moisture.

the 3rd option is to wrap it in towels and place it in an airing cupboard where it is warm and allow it to dry up .

water on circuits can cause shorts and even rust components so again none of these options are ideal and anything tried is purely down to your discretion.
  5. Daft Badger Win User

I wouldn't advise putting the console in rice as the rice may work it's way into the console through the vents or disc tray slot.

As long as it's completely disconnected from the mains it will dry itself out within a few days but as the op has mentioned there was a smell of smoke then the damage may already be done.
  6. ngocphi Win User

Wait a few days keep the xbox powered and unpluged

If you have a big enough pot fill it with rice and let the console sit in it for a couple days
Thema:

1. My brother spilled water on my xbox and it went inside the fan area, what should I do - Similar Threads - brother spilled water

2. My brother has put 50 pound codes on his account but not showed up on it what is going on...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My brother has put 50 pound codes on his account but not showed up on it what is going on...: I need to find out what is going on with my brother account on Xbox one it not give him his gift card credit of 50 pound please help and tell me y please c9ea2a75-e215-4803-81f7-aea4a3e2f4c8
  3. My wired controller won't turn on. on my xbox but work on my brother xbox

in XBoX on Windows
    My wired controller won't turn on. on my xbox but work on my brother xbox: My wired controller won't turn on. on my xbox but work on my brother xbox e667e29d-baa6-4e38-b72a-77fe31dd074f
  4. We must fight to join our brothers

in XboX Insiders
    We must fight to join our brothers: must petition to join the war (helldivers II) https://chng.it/BjZ4frTMZK submitted by /u/Icy-March-9517 [link] [comments]
  5. I lag non stop but only when my brothers ps5 is online

in XBoX Accessibility
    I lag non stop but only when my brothers ps5 is online: Is there a fix to this problem because its only been happening for a couple of weeks 109232d6-04d6-46f5-8ea2-81e94af44506
  6. My little brother destroyed my xbox. What do I do?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My little brother destroyed my xbox. What do I do?: So, my little brother turned the xbox off while it was updating even though it clearly says not to. What do I do? It barely works. I can only play two, maybe 3 games. It lags and freezes for a few...
  7. My brother and I cannot play Minecraft Java Edition together on LAN

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My brother and I cannot play Minecraft Java Edition together on LAN: I recently purchased a copy of Minecraft Java + Bedrock edition for my older brother this holiday season with the intent of us to be able to play the game together. However, we have had multiple...
  8. Borderlands 1 isn't showing up in the store for my brother

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Borderlands 1 isn't showing up in the store for my brother: So I bought the first Borderlands game on the Microsoft store for Xbox 360 on my series X and its nowhere to be found on the Microsoft store for my brother, only all the other games. Why is this?...
  9. My brother has gotten my husband’s whole Xbox account banned trying to log in with the...

in XBoX on Windows
    My brother has gotten my husband’s whole Xbox account banned trying to log in with the...: Need help because we can’t get a call back from Xbox customer support. 586a5c9e-fd05-4970-8322-2bf4a1996f41
  10. Me and my brother cant play the same game same time under the same gamepass subscription

in XBoX on Windows
    Me and my brother cant play the same game same time under the same gamepass subscription: So my brother used to use an xbox one s and just now upgraded to a series x and we used to be able to play at the same time on the same game and now on the new console it kicks us off the game...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. What to do if you spill something on your Xbox