My Brother Got Scammed/Hacked

Discus and support My Brother Got Scammed/Hacked in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My little brother got scammed/hacked. I dont know the full story to it. All I know is that he decided to give someone his email account and xbox live... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by JayBanks2, Jul 15, 2020.

1. JayBanks2
    JayBanks2 Guest

My little brother got scammed/hacked. I dont know the full story to it. All I know is that he decided to give someone his email account and xbox live account password to someone he “trusts”. A few minutes later my brother got locked out of his xbox live
    account. I tried changing his password on email, but I got an email from microsoft stating “You have changed your primary alias from....” is their anyway other way I can use my same email before
    it got changed? Is I’m locked out of my account for good? My brother had my mom’s CC Information on his account too. Will the scammer be able to make purchases?

:)

JayBanks2, Jul 15, 2020
    1 person likes this.
  2. steeledwand7664 Win User

You need to contact Xbox support so they can get this cleared up for you.

It may take a couple days after you call them for the form they fill out to be sent to the account recovery team.

You need to contact them and tell them that your account has been "COMPROMISED"

Until this is cleared up they will have access to any payment options that are on the account to make purchases with.

You may want to have your mom to contact their bank and tell them to not allow any purchases to Microsoft until further notice.

Link to contact xbox support is

support.xbox.com/contact-us
  3. RainingRoses Win User

My brothers account got hacked.

Hi Jake,

Sorry to hear your brother’s account got hacked into. Please read through the support page for ways on securing and/or recovering the account.

https://support.xbox.com/help/account-profile/manage-account/compromised-account-solution

If there’s any credit/debit cards on the account, make sure to cancel/block these to prevent any unauthorised charges. Contact your bank if there are any charges you don’t recognise.

Also, If you happen to know the person who gained access and took control of the account without permission, report and block them. As well as, of course never share account details, such as password, phone number, payment info etc. and always keep account
    security info up to date.

Hope this helps 😊
  4. Deano_M_ Win User

What items have you gottem scammed out of in Rocket League?

i haven't really been scammed. but my brother all of a sudden started playing and he got ALL of my loot. mainly because i don't play anymore
  5. IRB Win User

My account got Hacked/Scammed

Sorry to hear that. The rules do stipulate not to share your account info with anyone, as you have the info away or can be harder to regain the account.

Contact Xbox Support here support.xbox.com/contact-us choosing account in step 1 then Other in the next step for the chat option to appear. Raise an unauthorised access case on your account and if you can prove it belong to you, they might be able to help.
  6. XBF Esteban R Win User

My account got Hacked/Scammed

Hey there FLIPIN CHILDISH!

I'm sorry to hear this happened to you.

The best course of action in this situation is for you to follow the steps here on

“I think my account has been hacked
    ” to try and recover your account and set up updated security measures regarding your account.

Give that guide a shot and let us know how that helped in resolution to your issue

Thanks!
Thema:

1. My Brother Got Scammed/Hacked - Similar Threads - Brother Got Scammed

2. Purchased a mw2 currency card for my brother but when he went to redeem it he never got the...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Purchased a mw2 currency card for my brother but when he went to redeem it he never got the...: Purchased a currency card for 2400 mw2 points for my brother when he went to redeem it he never got any coins it's been a week Purchased from Walmart 653836c3-68cc-4207-a8ef-a9eb46e71c87
  3. My brother just got NBA 2k23 and when he tries to do MyCareer or MyTeam it says he isn't...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My brother just got NBA 2k23 and when he tries to do MyCareer or MyTeam it says he isn't...: My Little brother just bought NBA 2k23 on our Xbox One. Though, for some reason whenever he tries to do MyCareer or MyTeam it says that he isn't online. Also, whenever we try and click the...
  4. i did game share with my younger brother and i had battfeild 5 i got free with the xbox...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    i did game share with my younger brother and i had battfeild 5 i got free with the xbox...: i cant see on my owned games and now I have to pay for it. 56402c92-761c-4ffc-a59d-63831aee8a1b
  5. I got banned on this account because of my brother he is 2 he probably sent a bad message...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I got banned on this account because of my brother he is 2 he probably sent a bad message...: I got banned on this account because of my brother he is 2 he probably sent a bad message to one of my friends and it got me banned Im sorry can u please unban me...
  6. My brother gifted me a game thru his gaming pc and I play on xbox. But I never got the gift

in XBoX on Consoles
    My brother gifted me a game thru his gaming pc and I play on xbox. But I never got the gift: My brother gifted me modern warfare 2 thru his pc, I play on Xbox and never got the gift. Also never received a text telling me he gifted me it 8daab7ba-d898-464b-a797-ef8dab11b4a2
  7. Got to buy 2 series X my brother and me got the purchase invite

in XboX Insiders
    Got to buy 2 series X my brother and me got the purchase invite: huge thanks to Microsoft i been an xbox insider since the program started for 7 years , 3 months 195 quests 230 surveys . i got the buy message after not being picked first round and my little bro...
  8. My brother got banned for getting beaten in a 3v3

in XBoX on Consoles
    My brother got banned for getting beaten in a 3v3: Alright so I was in a 3v3 with my brother and a friend on Tom Clancys rainbow six siege and we lost because we’re not too good at the game. But after the match they started harassing my brother...
  9. I gifted GTA V premium online edition to my brother and he said he got the code and...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I gifted GTA V premium online edition to my brother and he said he got the code and...: I gifted GTA V premium online edition to my brother and he said he got the code and redeemed it but it's not showing up in his games installed/ready to install and we were just wondering why that...
  10. My little brother got com banned on his Xbox

in XBoX Accessibility
    My little brother got com banned on his Xbox: My brother got communication slapped because he squeeled the n word in a modern warfare lobby, is he at fault? He screached it down the hall like 37 times like a [Mod Removed - Inappropriate]...