My brand new Xbox series X wont download any discs

Discus and support My brand new Xbox series X wont download any discs in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So i bought an Xbox series x last night as well as GTA 5 & NBA 2K23 but when i put either disc in to play my Xbox starts to install the game but then... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by JD1926, Sep 24, 2022.

1. JD1926
    JD1926 Guest

So i bought an Xbox series x last night as well as GTA 5 & NBA 2K23 but when i put either disc in to play my Xbox starts to install the game but then stops installing. I've tried reconnecting my internet, uninstalling & reinstalling the games, done a console reset but still nothing. Did i get the wrong game version or something? The game's box says Xbox One on it but if im not mistaken the series X can play Xbox One games right? If anyone can help that would be amazing! I've been waiting to play on the next gen consoles so im a little upset lol

:)

JD1926, Sep 24, 2022
  2. BookishFlunky90 Win User

When doing disc install and there is an update you get a question to do that simultaneously.

- choose Later on that, so only disc install completes first

This way disc install will complete undisturbed.

Later there will be an update to activate from network later.

Never had issues with disc install doing it this way.
  3. Dérek Augusto Win User

Hello!

My name is Dérek, I'm an independent platform consultant and I'm grateful for the opportunity to help you.

JD1926,let's investigate this problem, friend

Open the panel by pressing the Xbox button in the center of the controller.

Scroll right on the panel to the System area.

Select Settings.

Select Network.

Select Network Settings.

Select NAT Test Type.

Tell me what appears on this test, please

Are you installing the game on an external HD? If yes, install only internally.

Alright, let's try this here then

Press and hold the power button on your Xbox for 10 seconds, wait for it to turn off. Unplug it. Now wait 1 minute before turning it on.

Configuration>Network>Advanced Settings>DNS Settings>Manual>Primary 1.1.1.1 and Secondary 1.0.0.1
  4. Bantisju Win User

Fallout 4, no audio and no lip movement

Hi,

I just downloaded Fallout 4 with my game pass on my brand new series X… and I’m having the exact same issue. Any help would be appreciated!
  5. Shaggy2000 Win User

Xbox Series X/S games "not playable on this device" on brand new Xbox One X

I just bought a brand new Xbox One X, but when I go to the store, Flight Simulator and other Xbox Series X/S games say they are "not playable on this device" and I can't get Flight Simulator to install on my brand new Xbox One X because it says it's "not compatible". Very frustrating.
    So you bought an Xbox One X and expected to be able to play an Xbox Series X game on it?

Why would a game made for an Xbox Series X work on an Xbox One X?

If you want to play Xbox Series X/S games I would take your brand new Xbox One X back to the store you bought it and see if they will take it back and you could try and buy an Xbox Series S (Series X consoles are very hard to find, but a Series S can be found fairly easilly)
  6. CarTzy Win User

Does borderlands Dr ned zombie island physical copy work on series x

Hi Kylo Ren1,

Greetings!

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

For a digital copy, the Game Borderland The Zombie Island of Dr. Ned is not listed on the backward compatibility games. So you wont be able to play the game on Series X.

Xbox Backward Compatible Games | Xbox

If you have an Xbox 360 Disc for the game then you should be able to play it on the Series X

The Xbox Series X can play game discs from the original Xbox, Xbox 360, and Xbox One. For movies, it can play DVDs, Blu-ray Discs, and Ultra HD Blu-ray Discs—you just need to download the Blu-ray Player app from the Store app on your Xbox Series X to be able to play those discs.

To insert a disc: With the Xbox Series X in the vertical position, insert the disc so that the top side (with the cover art) is facing the left edge. If the Xbox Series X is in the horizontal position (with the power button in the top right), insert the disc face up.

Please see: Xbox Series X|S FAQ | Xbox Support

We're looking forward to hearing from you. If there are any inquiries about our description or if there are any misconceptions, do reply to the post.
Thema:

1. My brand new Xbox series X wont download any discs - Similar Threads - brand series wont

2. Brand New Xbox Series S Controller disconnecting

in XBoX on Consoles
    Brand New Xbox Series S Controller disconnecting: Bought a brand new Xbox series S and the controller started randomly disconnecting while playing games. I’ve never had this problem with my series X. So I took my spare controller and tried to use...
  3. Why won’t a brand new disc read on my series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t a brand new disc read on my series X: I just bought Deadpool for the Xbox one. I know others play it on the Series X so I know it should work. I’ve gone through multiple troubleshooting guides. Nothing works. The disc is brand new. I...
  4. Brand new Xbox Series X extremely snow internet speeds

in XBoX on Consoles
    Brand new Xbox Series X extremely snow internet speeds: Just bought a Series X today and I'm experiencing extremely slow download speeds between 30mps and 90 mbps with it staying closer to 30 to 40 most of the time. This is with a wired connection,...
  5. Brand New Xbox Series X Randomly Powering Off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Brand New Xbox Series X Randomly Powering Off: I just got a brand new Xbox Series X from Microsoft on February 8th, my console has been acting up and at random times shutting off. I tried to confirm it was the outlet and I tested out different...
  6. Unable to Connect wired in with USB-C to PC with Brand New Xbox Elite Controller Series 2

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to Connect wired in with USB-C to PC with Brand New Xbox Elite Controller Series 2: Brand New Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 Unable to Connect to PC The Issue When wired in using the USB-C cable that came with the brand-new controller, the Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 is not...
  7. Brand new Xbox series x not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Brand new Xbox series x not working: My Brand news box series x pops up with a checkered screen that is either black or lime green whenever I try to play overwatch 2 and immediately crashes my game. I’ve restarted the Xbox,...
  8. Brand new elite wireless series

in XBoX on Consoles
    Brand new elite wireless series: Brand new elite wireless 2 controller shuts off every 10 seconds, firmware has been updated, have power cycled the controller and the console shuts off with or without the charging cable plugged...
  9. My brand new series x won’t take any game discs

in XBoX on Consoles
    My brand new series x won’t take any game discs: My Xbox will not let any disc in, any fixes? 8101392c-bf55-4237-a64f-ffa5b89eae05
  10. Xbox Series X SSD? Is there a go to brand?

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X SSD? Is there a go to brand?: Which brand of SSD do you recommend for an Xbox Series X I have had bad experiences with WD_Black HDD I understand they are different but still. Tia submitted by /u/ButteryPoptart1 [link]...