My brand new Xbox Series X freezes then kicks me to home screen/turns off whenever I play...

Discus and support My brand new Xbox Series X freezes then kicks me to home screen/turns off whenever I play... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; (I asked this question before but I didn't really explain the full thing and it ended up being a waste of time.) Here's the situation: I just got my... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Jamison Hatfield, Jun 5, 2023.

1. My brand new Xbox Series X freezes then kicks me to home screen/turns off whenever I play...

(I asked this question before but I didn't really explain the full thing and it ended up being a waste of time.)

Here's the situation:

I just got my Xbox Series X two days ago and anytime I play Rainbow Six Siege, my xbox either turns off or freezes up and kicks me back to the home screen.

I have tried troubleshooting multiple ways, here are the ways I have tried fixing this issue:

• Uninstalling/Reinstalling Rainbow
    • Deleting all save data from Rainbow
    • Hard restarting my Xbox
    • Doing a full power cycle on my Xbox
    • Resetting my Xbox while keeping games and apps
    Another thing I should mention is when I was playing Raimbow and it kicked me out, for 2 seconds a small white box appeared on my TV, then disappeared when I got kicked to home screen, this only happened once however.

I don't think it has anything to do with dust or overheating because my Xbox has enough room to ventilate cold air into it and hot air out of it, and I just got the Xbox so I don't really think much dust could've gotten into it. I also don't think it has anything to do with my TV, as even though my TV is old (Vizio Model: E320fi-B2), I can run high graphic games such as the Matrix Awakens.

I decided to do this test to see if it had something to do with the graphics, as Rainbow Six Siege would be (to my knowledge) less demanding then Matrix Awakenings, therefore if my therory was right it would crash faster then Rainbow. While playing it I decided to leave it on for a good 30-45 minutes, running around, driving and what not, weirdly enough it never crashed during this time.

It may have something to do with inside the Xbox but that really isn't for me to decide yet, as I am not entirely sure WHY it would be doing this.

If you can get back to me soon then I would much appreciate it!

:)

Jamison Hatfield, Jun 5, 2023
  2. Jamison Hatfield Win User

My brand new Xbox Series X freezes then kicks me to home screen/turns off whenever I play Rainbow Six Siege

Hey Rostom L, thank you for your concern on my issue! I just updated my forum, so if you could read the update and get back to me it would be much appreciated!
  3. Rostom L Win User

My brand new Xbox Series X freezes then kicks me to home screen/turns off whenever I play Rainbow Six Siege

Please let me know if you have questions or clarifications regarding your concern.

Thank you!
  4. Rostom L Win User

Hi Jamison! I am sorry to hear about what happened. This is clearly not the situation I want you to be in.

I believe that it is not an issue with your console hardware or internals. Since your other games work just fine, it may only be a game or system bug or could be stability issue. Based on the link below, if we experience that kind of issue, please be sure to submit a report or file a bug directly to Team Xbox for them to properly investigate it from their end.
    Reference: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/...

Check the link below for your guide in reporting the issue:
    https://support.xbox.com/help/account-profile/m....
  5. Rostom L Win User

Hi Jamison! Thanks for the update.

As for our last resort, have you tried to factory reset your console and choose to remove everything?

If it does the same thing after that, there's a possibility that it may be a hardware issue if it happens to multiple games. Since your console is still new, I recommend that you bring it back to the retailer where you purchased it and ask for a replacement.

Thank you!
  6. Silkeandpo Win User

Why does my Apex legends game keep freezing and kicking me out of game on my xbox?

how do you even do that on xbox? like can you fix the corrupted file bc i have the new series x and it freezes after having a few minute of bad fps then it kicks me entire to the home screen.
Thema:

My brand new Xbox Series X freezes then kicks me to home screen/turns off whenever I play...

1. My brand new Xbox Series X freezes then kicks me to home screen/turns off whenever I play... - Similar Threads - brand Series freezes

2. Why won’t a brand new disc read on my series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t a brand new disc read on my series X: I just bought Deadpool for the Xbox one. I know others play it on the Series X so I know it should work. I’ve gone through multiple troubleshooting guides. Nothing works. The disc is brand new. I...
  3. Brand new Xbox Series X extremely snow internet speeds

in XBoX on Consoles
    Brand new Xbox Series X extremely snow internet speeds: Just bought a Series X today and I'm experiencing extremely slow download speeds between 30mps and 90 mbps with it staying closer to 30 to 40 most of the time. This is with a wired connection,...
  4. Brand New Xbox Series X Randomly Powering Off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Brand New Xbox Series X Randomly Powering Off: I just got a brand new Xbox Series X from Microsoft on February 8th, my console has been acting up and at random times shutting off. I tried to confirm it was the outlet and I tested out different...
  5. Unable to Connect wired in with USB-C to PC with Brand New Xbox Elite Controller Series 2

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to Connect wired in with USB-C to PC with Brand New Xbox Elite Controller Series 2: Brand New Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 Unable to Connect to PC The Issue When wired in using the USB-C cable that came with the brand-new controller, the Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 is not...
  6. Brand new Xbox series x not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Brand new Xbox series x not working: My Brand news box series x pops up with a checkered screen that is either black or lime green whenever I try to play overwatch 2 and immediately crashes my game. I’ve restarted the Xbox,...
  7. Brand new elite wireless series

in XBoX on Consoles
    Brand new elite wireless series: Brand new elite wireless 2 controller shuts off every 10 seconds, firmware has been updated, have power cycled the controller and the console shuts off with or without the charging cable plugged...
  8. My brand new series x won’t take any game discs

in XBoX on Consoles
    My brand new series x won’t take any game discs: My Xbox will not let any disc in, any fixes? 8101392c-bf55-4237-a64f-ffa5b89eae05
  9. Xbox Series X SSD? Is there a go to brand?

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X SSD? Is there a go to brand?: Which brand of SSD do you recommend for an Xbox Series X I have had bad experiences with WD_Black HDD I understand they are different but still. Tia submitted by /u/ButteryPoptart1 [link]...
  10. Why is my brand new series X showing error of not having enough space to save?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is my brand new series X showing error of not having enough space to save?: A brand new series X right out of the box, plugged it in,dl a list of my games in its hard drive,then tried to start Skyrim.... Error 0x80830003 continuously! Says no available space to save! On a...