My brand new Xbox One Controller wont sync to my Xbox One

Discus and support My brand new Xbox One Controller wont sync to my Xbox One in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So I just bought a new Xbox One controller (regular black one) and I try to sync it to my regular white xbox but when I try to sync it, the lights on... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ChristopherBarnes2, Nov 7, 2019.

1. My brand new Xbox One Controller wont sync to my Xbox One

So I just bought a new Xbox One controller (regular black one) and I try to sync it to my regular white xbox but when I try to sync it, the lights on the console and controller keep blinking. I tried a USB cable and it works but I want to use it wirelessly.
    I even tried updating my controller multiple times over the last few days, but it says there are no updates available. I tried switching the batteries and it's still the same thing. Sometimes after I take out the USB and turn the controller off the test to
    see if it has updated It'll turn on and work. If I keep doing it, it'll turn on and not work for some reason. When I was playing modern warfare with the new controller and the Duracell batteries that came with it, I started moving uncontrollably like the batteries
    were low. You know how you play a game and when your batteries die, your character moves by itself for a second? It was like that. The batteries and controllers are new. Brand New.

:)

ChristopherBarnes2, Nov 7, 2019
  2. SA1NT 0F LI3S Win User

Performing a power cycle on your console may help.

Here’s how:

1. Turn off your console by holding the Xboxbutton on the front of the console for approximately 10 seconds. The console will turn off.
    2. Turn your console back on by pressing the Xbox button on the console or the Xboxbutton on your controller.

Note If you don't see the green boot-up animation when the console restarts, repeat these steps. Make sure that you hold the power button until the console completely shuts down.
  3. TubularPeak Win User

It appears as though a professional already answered your question (Factory reset)

In the future, there are a couple things to consider.

•Bluetooth devices should be in airplane mode or turned off for this to avoid any interference (even your phone).

•Make sure only one console is turned on.

•Hold controller 3-5 feet away from console.

•All steps need to be completed one after another, do not take too long.

Step 1: Press and release the connect button on your controller. (Logo should flash)

Step 2: Press and release connect button on console (console logo might pulse).

Step 3: Press and hold connect button on controller till controller stops flashing and vibrates.
  4. XBF Diego M Win User

Hi ChristopherBarnes2,

Thank you for letting us know that your issue has been fixed. We'll be locking the thread as the issue has been resolved. If you ever require any help with any other issues please feel free to come back to the Xbox Forums for further assistance. For those
    reading this thread and if the troubleshooting steps didn't help resolve the issue, please feel free to create your own thread asking for assistance.

Thank you again, and have a great day!
  5. XBF Felixx P Win User

Hey
    ChristopherBarnes2

Thank you for reaching out to Xbox forums support.

Go ahead and perform a hard reset and
    power cycle
    of your console. Hold down the power button on the console for about 10 seconds until it shuts down and then remove the power cable from the Xbox and the power outlet for about 5 minutes. Then re-connect and turn on the Xbox. Next,
    if you haven't already done so, go ahead and try performing a Soft console Factory
    reset
    on your console by doing the following:

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
    2. Select Settings.
    3. Select All Settings.
    4. Select System.
    5. Select Console info & updates.
    6. Select Reset console. [KEEP MY GAMES AND APPS]

Make sure you have both your email and password on hand as you will be asked to sign back in. There is an option to delete everything and to save your games and apps; choose the latter. This will reset
    the Operating system [OS] of the console and allow you a fresh start-up. Hope this helps!

Let us know!

Felix

Xbox forums support
  6. Mrs Sweetcorn Win User

Do you possibly have any other system near that could be causing interference?

My controller will sometimes not sync unless I have my phone on airplane mode, or have any devices near turned off (unplugged).
Thema:

1. My brand new Xbox One Controller wont sync to my Xbox One - Similar Threads - brand Controller wont

2. Brand New Xbox Series S Controller disconnecting

in XBoX on Consoles
    Brand New Xbox Series S Controller disconnecting: Bought a brand new Xbox series S and the controller started randomly disconnecting while playing games. I’ve never had this problem with my series X. So I took my spare controller and tried to use...
  3. My brand new xbox controller wont turn on

in XBoX on Consoles
    My brand new xbox controller wont turn on: I bought this controller about 2 months ago it just sat on my desk I didn’t drop it or anything then when I finally used it with completely new batteries it wouldn’t turn on so I tried plugging in...
  4. Unable to Connect wired in with USB-C to PC with Brand New Xbox Elite Controller Series 2

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to Connect wired in with USB-C to PC with Brand New Xbox Elite Controller Series 2: Brand New Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 Unable to Connect to PC The Issue When wired in using the USB-C cable that came with the brand-new controller, the Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 is not...
  5. Brand new Xbox One controller - Right D-Pad constantly taking input

in XBoX on Consoles
    Brand new Xbox One controller - Right D-Pad constantly taking input: Greetings! I recently acquired a brand-new Xbox One controller, and initially, everything worked flawlessly for the first few days. However, as of yesterday, both my PC and Xbox have been...
  6. Brand New Xbox controller warranty expired before purchased.

in XBoX on Windows
    Brand New Xbox controller warranty expired before purchased.: I recently received a brand new Xbox series S for Christmas last month. However, when I went to register the console and controller into my Microsoft account it said that the controller warranty...
  7. Do HexGaming brand controllers work?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Do HexGaming brand controllers work?: I was wondering if HexGaming controller brands are banned on xbox and I haven't been able to find out on their website. 20591a71-4fef-4f86-9c18-5ce9acb3bdae
  8. Why does my brand new Xbox controller keep disconnecting ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my brand new Xbox controller keep disconnecting ?: I have an Xbox One S. And a brand new controller and headset - not even 6 hours old yet. While I’m playing the game , I have static in my headset and others have trouble hearing me because of...
  9. My map wont open in forza 5 controllers fime its brand new and batteries

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My map wont open in forza 5 controllers fime its brand new and batteries: My map wont open on forza 5 cam do everytjing else , view buttom works fine on everything else its a brand new xbox and controller Ive tried mapping it to other buttons aswell just the same thing...
  10. i bought a brand new controller today but the warranty was already expired when i...

in XBoX on Consoles
    i bought a brand new controller today but the warranty was already expired when i...: i bought a brand new controller today but the warranty was already expired when i registered the device, please help e25fb6c8-96cd-4377-bc75-ab0905de5e28