My brand new controllers are drifting and I have no idea what's happening.

Discus and support My brand new controllers are drifting and I have no idea what's happening. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hey folks, I have purchased some new Xbox controllers and for some reason they are drifting really bad and the button response is delayed by like 1 to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Bursted4Days, Nov 10, 2021.

1. Bursted4Days
    Bursted4Days Guest

Hey folks, I have purchased some new Xbox controllers and for some reason they are drifting really bad and the button response is delayed by like 1 to 2 seconds. I have tried restarting the console, the controllers have brand new batteries, I also tried re-syncing the controllers and it still doesn't solve the issue and it's really frustrating.

:)

Bursted4Days, Nov 10, 2021
  2. MattYoung87 Win User

It sure is the shock blue. As i stated as well shortly right after my replacement series 2 warranty expired it drifted day 1 out of box and immediately after warranty expired. I had went and tried to get a repair because replacement was less than 3 days after warranty expired and i have to pay to repair it even though it was new replacement and brand new reoccurring issue with all elite2 and shock blues. Its a bummer because i absolutely love both controllers and have to deal with it irritatingly because by the time i pay out of irritation and wait, i could go and drop money on controllers i dont need for the same price and wait time. BIG BUMMER.

I had immediately reported but no avail.

Thank you much
  3. Bursted4Days Win User

Like I said all updates are current, and it just happened right after the latest update on 10/25/21 so I doubt is normal for all 3 of my controllers to be bad all of a sudden at the same time due to hardware.
  4. MattYoung87 Win User

I'm going to roll with any new ones will drift unfortunately. Even the newest number 2 series 2 elite replacement i got day before warranty went out it drifted day 1 and nothing was done if the work order other than me paying. My daughters brand new blue colored controller drifted day 1 out of box. Firmware update helped then 2nd update said sike you thought and back to drift.
  5. MateusFontana Win User

Hello, how are you? My name is Mateus. I'm an Independent Advisor and I'll be glad to help you today.

First, welcome to the Xbox community. Usually, drifting can be a hardware issue, but before we confirm this, please try the Microsoft suggested solutions provided in the article below.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...

*Thank you in advance for contacting, I hope this can help you.
  6. MateusFontana Win User

I understand, if you followed the instructions in the above article, and the issue happened right after the controller firmware update, you should report this issue to the Xbox team via the link below.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/account-pro...
Thema:

1. My brand new controllers are drifting and I have no idea what's happening. - Similar Threads - brand controllers are

2. Brand New Xbox Series S Controller disconnecting

in XBoX on Consoles
    Brand New Xbox Series S Controller disconnecting: Bought a brand new Xbox series S and the controller started randomly disconnecting while playing games. I’ve never had this problem with my series X. So I took my spare controller and tried to use...
  3. My brand new xbox controller wont turn on

in XBoX on Consoles
    My brand new xbox controller wont turn on: I bought this controller about 2 months ago it just sat on my desk I didn’t drop it or anything then when I finally used it with completely new batteries it wouldn’t turn on so I tried plugging in...
  4. Unable to Connect wired in with USB-C to PC with Brand New Xbox Elite Controller Series 2

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to Connect wired in with USB-C to PC with Brand New Xbox Elite Controller Series 2: Brand New Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 Unable to Connect to PC The Issue When wired in using the USB-C cable that came with the brand-new controller, the Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 is not...
  5. Brand new Xbox One controller - Right D-Pad constantly taking input

in XBoX on Consoles
    Brand new Xbox One controller - Right D-Pad constantly taking input: Greetings! I recently acquired a brand-new Xbox One controller, and initially, everything worked flawlessly for the first few days. However, as of yesterday, both my PC and Xbox have been...
  6. Brand New Xbox controller warranty expired before purchased.

in XBoX on Windows
    Brand New Xbox controller warranty expired before purchased.: I recently received a brand new Xbox series S for Christmas last month. However, when I went to register the console and controller into my Microsoft account it said that the controller warranty...
  7. Do HexGaming brand controllers work?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Do HexGaming brand controllers work?: I was wondering if HexGaming controller brands are banned on xbox and I haven't been able to find out on their website. 20591a71-4fef-4f86-9c18-5ce9acb3bdae
  8. Why does my brand new Xbox controller keep disconnecting ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my brand new Xbox controller keep disconnecting ?: I have an Xbox One S. And a brand new controller and headset - not even 6 hours old yet. While I’m playing the game , I have static in my headset and others have trouble hearing me because of...
  9. My map wont open in forza 5 controllers fime its brand new and batteries

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My map wont open in forza 5 controllers fime its brand new and batteries: My map wont open on forza 5 cam do everytjing else , view buttom works fine on everything else its a brand new xbox and controller Ive tried mapping it to other buttons aswell just the same thing...
  10. i bought a brand new controller today but the warranty was already expired when i...

in XBoX on Consoles
    i bought a brand new controller today but the warranty was already expired when i...: i bought a brand new controller today but the warranty was already expired when i registered the device, please help e25fb6c8-96cd-4377-bc75-ab0905de5e28