My account has been hacked

Discus and support My account has been hacked in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I need assistance immediately my account was automatically changed to a rambler.ru email which i can not retrieve. I had only one purchase, that is... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by giorgos tsagklis, Mar 19, 2023.

1. My account has been hacked

I need assistance immediately my account was automatically changed to a rambler.ru email which i can not retrieve. I had only one purchase, that is Minecraft which is linked to my former account if possible how can i retrieve my Minecraft account to this one, or perphaps my Microsoft account in general . I need someone to respond as soon as possible!!!

:)

giorgos tsagklis, Mar 19, 2023
  2. Mythic xSagex Win User

Has my account been hacked?

What I would suggest you do is change your secret answer on your email as well as your actual password for your email.
  3. Assassin-7DEB02B5-24 Win User

Suggestions.

Do what your instincts tell you. If you are unsure how this could happen, immediately change your WLID password and if set, secret passphrases. At this point I am a proponent of eliminating secret passphrases and use the Trusted PC function only; no SMS,
    no secret passphrases, no alternative e-mail. If the secret passphrase is guessable or if your alternative e-mail is somehow compromised, the Trusted PC function is your only 'true friend'. The SMS option is another alternative.

Call your credit card company. Inquire. Find out if they accepted the first charge and if they received and then denied the second charge (i.e. their fraud detection kicked in). If either charge has shown (or any other charges from Microsoft services
    like Zune) -- work with your credit card company independent of your UA filing with Microsoft to have those charges removed. More paperwork yes; but it's your money.

For my, while not proven and Microsoft won't admit to it -- I have enough evidence to suggest I was the victim of social engineering. I have plenty of SRs and account inquiries posted to my account / original gamertag that were not initiated by me -- several
    months prior to what is known as my first breach. This style of attack does not happen to everyone but it may be worth your while or interest to contact Xbox Live support again and validate the SR / contact history on your account. I received e-mails from
    Synovate (Microsoft's partner that sends out questionaires when SRs are closed) and phone calls from "PC Safety" apologizing for hanging up or losing connection on calls I did not make. Enough to suggest someone else was prying. Enough to suggest the source
    of the leak was Microsoft -- how else could someone map up my Gamertag to an e-mail address or other personal information. It was never posted anywhere.

Some light reading . . .

http://gameolosophy.com/games/sport...our-personal-details-from-your-xbox-gamertag/

In the end, if you have access to your WLID and can log in to your XBL account via your console; whether in Spanish or another language (Columbia?) -- at least changing your passwords and performing actions as suggested above will work in your favor. It
    would be less likely to be breached again.

If you come to find you too were a victim of social engineering (you could have played a game with some kid you taunted and pissed off who took it too far and jacked your account) after verifying 'extra' calls made at times you didn't initiate them -- consider
    changing your WLID entirely and moving your account to it via the console and changing personal information like address/phone number/zip codes, etc to fake or alternative data. Chances are, those people know who you are and know more about you than you want
    to ever know.
  4. BomberMann-8B793714- Win User

Broker, the 6,000 point purchase may have went through but then was refunded right away due to the anti-fraud measures MS has in place. If you have filed a UA claim then the work on your end has finished, all you need to do now is wait patiently for the
    investigation to finish. The investigation WILL take a long time, likely longer than the 21-25 days support told you.

This is because your account has been migrated. They will have to re-build your account from the ground up, this sounds like it would be a simple process but it is not. Trust me.

I could try to explain to you all the ways that they could get your information but we would both get bored very quickly. I can tell you the main causes: Giving account info to other people over Xbox live, going to websites offering Free MSP, not using a
    strong enough password, selling Xbox to someone else without clearing your info off the Xbox. These are the most common causes of UA.

Some people will tell you that there are programs to locate the information on someone's account, but that is a VERY VERY rare circumstance.
  5. BomberMann-8B793714- Win User

When you called into Xbox support what did they tell you?

Have you noticed charges on any credit card on the account? Has your live ID been changed? Does it say your account is in a different region?

If any of those are yes, I would call back and insist to file a UA claim. Sorry for the inconvenience! I hope this helps!
  6. DomW9595 Win User

Hey,

I am really sorry that you feel you have been wrongly banned. unfortunately as an Ambassador I am unable to see any of the reasoning behind the ban etc.

my advice would be to contact Xbox directly (rather than wait for a Xbox staff member to reply to this thread) I can assure you that you will get a response much quicker.

Below is the Link needed

http://support.xbox.com/en-GB/contact-us

I hope you get your account sorted!

Thanks,

Dom
Thema:

1. My account has been hacked - Similar Threads - account has been

2. As of today, my wishlist on my Xbox account has been completely deleted. Gone.

in XBoX on Consoles
    As of today, my wishlist on my Xbox account has been completely deleted. Gone.: I use it frequently (bought a game yesterday, in fact) and had around 50 games on there. Not only that, but I can't even add new games to create a new one. Will it restore automatically, or am I...
  3. How do I get my bans lifted if someone else has been signing into my account and purposely...

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I get my bans lifted if someone else has been signing into my account and purposely...: I gave my account information to my ex because we used to play games together and I shared mine with him. Lately he’s been logging onto my account and saying things to his friends account which...
  4. My account has been hacked. How can I contact support?

in XBoX on Windows
    My account has been hacked. How can I contact support?: My account has just been hacked about an hour ago. I've been searching everywhere on where to contact support. My email has been changed, my minecraft username has been changed, secruity questions...
  5. My microsoft/Minecraft account has been hacked, and the information has been changed. I...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My microsoft/Minecraft account has been hacked, and the information has been changed. I...: I lost my account quite some time ago, and tried to make use of the form, since that day i think i must have filled in the form over 40 times. Everytime it came back with the reply you dont have...
  6. My Xbox account got banned with error code 0x80a40020 and it has been banned for a while,...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox account got banned with error code 0x80a40020 and it has been banned for a while,...: My cons has been banned for a while, and I would like to know what happened and if it’ll be lifted because I really wanna play my Xbox and it has been banned for a while now don’t know when but...
  7. My Xbox live account has been wrongfully suspended indefinitely?

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Xbox live account has been wrongfully suspended indefinitely?: [img] My account on Xbox live had 2 strikes for communication and then wrongfully has been indefinitely banned along with a console banned and not once have I used anything else that could...
  8. How do I recover an Xbox account when the email has been deleted, is this possible or have...

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I recover an Xbox account when the email has been deleted, is this possible or have...: I recently had an Xbox account permanently sign me out and realized the email used to create it has been deleted, is there anyway to recover my account without it. All the Microsoft support seems...
  9. My Xbox Account Has Been Permanent Suspended In a Highly Unreasonable Manner

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Xbox Account Has Been Permanent Suspended In a Highly Unreasonable Manner: My Xbox account, which I have had for 15 years, has been suspended, most likely due to cross-region purchases (99.99% certain). Since there is no Xbox store in Malaysia, the only way for me to...
  10. my account has been disabled by another person entering and removing my access

in XBoX Accessibility
    my account has been disabled by another person entering and removing my access: my account was hacked and the hacker seems to have removed my whole access via my email, any ideas how to fix this? I cannot access any other means 74d169cb-72a9-4650-9ce2-241d76339191