My 360 will not allow me to use my pre-paid balance to purchase dlc

Discus and support My 360 will not allow me to use my pre-paid balance to purchase dlc in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; When I try and purchase any dlc on my 360 it says "Sorry, we couldn't get authorization for this. Use a different or new way to pay, or check that your... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Maxgamer1112, Jan 11, 2014.

1. Maxgamer1112
    Maxgamer1112 Guest

When I try and purchase any dlc on my 360 it says "Sorry, we couldn't get authorization for this. Use a different or new way to pay, or check that your billing address Is correct. If you have more questions, your financial advisor is the one to ask" this
    has been going on for about six days and is VERY annoying if contacted the support team but to no avail I haven't been offered any advice or help. I don't know if it is because I redeemed my cards on the Xbox One or not but to test if it worked on the one
    I had to buy a random .99 dlc and it turns out I can still buy stuff on the One although I had to spend money to find that out, this is only happening on my 360 and NO I am not trying to use a credit card or PayPal I'm trying to us Pre-paid $$$

:)

Maxgamer1112, Jan 11, 2014
  2. My 360 will not allow me to use my pre-paid balance to purchase dlc

Exactly. I used a prepaid card to buy GTA 5 dollars but it didn't work. The money was taken and it said it was downloaded but it didn't give me the DLC. and i don't think i have been refunded for it.

FlamingWolf2249, Jan 11, 2014
  3. swippy137
    swippy137 Guest
    Purchasing problems

that would make sense, but that's not my goal. as stated, i would like to play it on the Xbox One. attempting to purchase it from the Xbox One interface doesn't allow me to use the money that i've already paid to Microsoft, and insists that i pay them again,
    which is undesirable.

swippy137, Jan 11, 2014
  4. My 360 will not allow me to use my pre-paid balance to purchase dlc

same here dude i have 25$ on my account and cant buy a 15$ game its making me very mad as this game is on a sale and could go for full price anytime soon My 360 will not allow me to use my pre-paid balance to purchase dlc :(

Capsaicin Rain, Jan 11, 2014
  5. Capsaicin Rain Win User

same here dude i have 25$ on my account and cant buy a 15$ game its making me very mad as this game is on a sale and could go for full price anytime soon :(
  6. swippy137 Win User

Purchasing problems

In order to use your account balance for 360 content, you have to make the purchase on a 360 console.
    that would make sense, but that's not my goal. as stated, i would like to play it on the Xbox One. attempting to purchase it from the Xbox One interface doesn't allow me to use the money that i've already paid to Microsoft, and insists that i pay them again,
    which is undesirable.
  7. Ballthunder Win User

serious problem.

In responce to Vernierslake, I was trying to use a prepaid mastercard to pay off my balance. Not a pre paid membership card. I have since called microsoft in order to address the issue, And was told I have to use a Credit card to pay off my balance, not
    a pre paid. Thanks for the help.
  8. WingedBloom9017 Win User

2Spooky 3-Month Xbox Game Pass $9.99 Error

So account balance cannot be used to purchase game pass? Only credit/debit cards?
    Yes, account balance can be used to purchase game pass, i just purchased it today part of it was paid with a partial balance i had on my microsoft account and the rest was paid with my paypal account.
  9. jawest78 Win User

Is my money not as green as everyone elses? Can't purchase Xbox Live Gold.

Generally, you cannot use pre-paid cards to purchase Live time as all subscriptions require recurring payments, and most pre-paid cards do not allow these recurring charges.
Thema:

1. My 360 will not allow me to use my pre-paid balance to purchase dlc - Similar Threads - 360 allow pre

2. should traffic in be allowed for xbox 360 in modem firewall settings?

in XBoX on Consoles
    should traffic in be allowed for xbox 360 in modem firewall settings?: should traffic in be allowed for xbox360 in modem firewall settings? f6b91e7d-394a-44ca-aabc-055c5177d841
  3. I changed my gamertag but now when I try to play Xbox 360 games they won't allow me to sign in

in XBoX Accessibility
    I changed my gamertag but now when I try to play Xbox 360 games they won't allow me to sign in: Hi, How do I update my Gamertag when I'm trying to sign in on Xbox 360 games I downloaded? I've changed my gamertag and now when I try to play I've noticed that Xbox 360 games are still trying to...
  4. How to allow Premium Content on an Xbox 360 account

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to allow Premium Content on an Xbox 360 account: I just purchased Black Ops 2 for the nostalgia, as I spent most of my childhood playing that game at various friend’s houses. However I ran into an issue with the season pass that I purchased too....
  5. Xbox 360 will not allow sign in

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox 360 will not allow sign in: As the title reads i am unable to sign into my profile on my Xbox 360. This is despite the fact that i have reset my password, and am entirely sure that i am entering the correct password and...
  6. Won’t is a Status code for Xbox 360 what is it for it’s a system update that won’t allow me

in XBoX Accessibility
    Won’t is a Status code for Xbox 360 what is it for it’s a system update that won’t allow me: What is a status code for Xbox 360 update 1e6daf2f-9a46-4e84-9951-aa16a78ae71b
  7. My cloud storage on my xbox 360 doesn't allow me to save

in XBoX on Consoles
    My cloud storage on my xbox 360 doesn't allow me to save: I'm already have a live gold membership and I was trying to save my game plays from my hard drive to my cloud storage. When I go to my hard drive saves it only gives me a transfer option not a...
  8. Is there a driver I can install to allow my Xbox Wireless Adapter to connect to my Xbox 360...

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Is there a driver I can install to allow my Xbox Wireless Adapter to connect to my Xbox 360...: Is there a driver I can install to allow my Xbox Wireless Adapter to connect to my Xbox 360 controller? Great. I ordered a cheaper one that does the same thing. Thanks so much....
  9. Changed my Xbox 360, new Xbox 360 won't allow me to access the DLC I have on the HDD

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Changed my Xbox 360, new Xbox 360 won't allow me to access the DLC I have on the HDD: As the title says, I've recently purchased a 360 (old one died due to NAND corruption after an update) and I plugged my old 250 GB HDD into it. On that hard drive there are various addons for...
  10. My 360 will not allow me to use my pre-paid balance to purchase dlc

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My 360 will not allow me to use my pre-paid balance to purchase dlc: Exactly. I used a prepaid card to buy GTA 5 dollars but it didn't work. The money was taken and it said it was downloaded but it didn't give me the DLC. and i don't think i have been refunded...