My 2 controllers won’t stay connected to Xbox. Is this an Xbox or controller issue?

Discus and support My 2 controllers won’t stay connected to Xbox. Is this an Xbox or controller issue? in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Bought my son an Xbox X/S and finally set it up. But as we are playing his controller would randomly disconnect and then would reconnect and then... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by OMAR ALVARADO2, Jan 1, 2023.

1. My 2 controllers won’t stay connected to Xbox. Is this an Xbox or controller issue?

Bought my son an Xbox X/S and finally set it up. But as we are playing his controller would randomly disconnect and then would reconnect and then disconnect again. We would manually pair it again wirelessly AND wired. Which would help it work for a bit then start the process all over again. I thought it was a controller issue but now using a second controller I’m worried it’s an Xbox issue ?

:)

OMAR ALVARADO2, Jan 1, 2023
  2. XBF Crystal P Win User

Controller verbindet sich nicht [Translation-Controller doesn't connect]

Hi there Tim,

Thanks for reaching out here in Xbox Forums. I'm sorry to hear about the issue with the controller not staying connected to the Xbox.

I recommend to try the following article:
    Troubleshoot your Xbox One wireless controller
    (My controller won’t connect to my console or PC)

Try this out and let us know the results.
  3. Francia J. Win User

My 2 controllers won’t stay connected to Xbox. Is this an Xbox or controller issue?

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

Since this is happening with multiple devices it can be an issue with the console. To fix this, please perform a power cycle on your console by following the steps below:

POWERCYCLE CONSOLE​​​

​​​

1. Turn off your console by holding the Xbox button on the front of the console for approximately 10 seconds. The console will turn off. ​​​

2. Turn your console back on by pressing the Xbox button on the console or the Xbox button on your controller. ​​​

If that didn't work resetting the console keeping games and apps will be the next option. Don't worry because as long as you're connected to Xbox Live your saved progress, games, will not be deleted. It will remove all of your accounts but you can add all of them later on.

Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

Select Profile & system > Settings > System > Console info.

Select Reset console.

Reset and keep my games & apps.
  4. Jhonkito Win User

Xbox controller won’t stay connected

Hi Walter, my name is Jhon, and will be a pleasure help you

Do the controllers you are using use batteries?

Best regards
    Jhon
  5. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Xbox controllers won’t stay connected

Hi Zb14! My name is Ricardo an independent advisor ready to help you with this situation!

First try this please

Turn off the Xbox console by pressing the Xbox button on the front of the console for about 10 seconds until it shuts down completely.

Unplug the console's power cable. Wait 10 seconds.

Plug the console power cable back in.

Press the Xbox button on your console to turn on the Xbox

if that doesn't work, Try to restore keeping games and apps, please be sure that you know your account email and password:

Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

Select Profile & system > Settings > System > Console info.

Select Reset console.

On the Reset your console screen, you'll see three option use this one, be sure you remember the email and password of you're accounts:

Reset and keep my games & apps. Use this option as your primary choice when troubleshooting. It will reset the OS and delete all potentially corrupted data without deleting your games or apps. In some cases, if a corrupt game file is causing the issue you're troubleshooting, you may have to choose Reset and remove everything, but you should always start with Reset and keep my games & apps
  6. Jhonkito Win User

Xbox controller won’t stay connected

and it disconnects only through bluetooth? Have you already tried using them directly connected with cables and the same thing happens to you? How much time do you have with them?
Thema:

1. My 2 controllers won’t stay connected to Xbox. Is this an Xbox or controller issue? - Similar Threads - controllers won’t stay

2. Whenever I turn on my blood red Xbox controller it starts blinking and won’t go into...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Whenever I turn on my blood red Xbox controller it starts blinking and won’t go into...: Whenever I turn on my blood red Xbox controller it starts blinking and won’t go into connection mode and just blinks it’s under responsive I am really scared and I don’t know what to do please...
  3. My Xbox turns on but won’t display on tv and my controller won’t connect. The Xbox then...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox turns on but won’t display on tv and my controller won’t connect. The Xbox then...: My Xbox will turn out won’t display on tv and my controller won’t connect. The Xbox then shuts off. Sometimes my controller won’t turn on Xbox when pressed. a7794a97-d071-4bea-8c1b-451884ede433
  4. My Xbox controller won’t work unless it is held at a certain angle.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox controller won’t work unless it is held at a certain angle.: Hi Xbox Community, My xbox controller is having some issues and I am wondering if you may be able to help me find out what’s going on. The issue is that my controller will be on but whenever it...
  5. Up on Left Thumbstick of Controller Won’t Work

in XBoX on Consoles
    Up on Left Thumbstick of Controller Won’t Work: Hello, I purchased an official Xbox controller about 5 months back brand new. Nothing spilled or damage to the controller looks basically brand new as of now. The up on the left thumb stick...
  6. Xbox One Elite Controller won’t enter pairing mode

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox One Elite Controller won’t enter pairing mode: I hold the sync button either constantly or for 3 seconds like most tutorials suggest but it just blinks for around 10 seconds and returns to the solid glow without ever appearing in my MacBook’s...
  7. Controller won’t stay on or connect

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller won’t stay on or connect: Xbox series controller was working fine all day then suddenly kept taking screenshots, then I went to the accessory lab and tried to update the controller and the controller shut itself off during...
  8. Xbox controller won’t stay connected

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox controller won’t stay connected: When I try to use my Xbox Series X console the controller keeps disconnecting around every 5-30 seconds while playing games or just on the menu. This issues persists on both my Xbox elite...
  9. Controller won’t stay on

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller won’t stay on: I have a seagate storage block that I am trying to use but everytime I plug it in it turns off my controller and when I try to turn it back on it stays on for about 3 second then turns back off. I...
  10. My Xbox one x controller won’t stay connected to my Xbox one

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox one x controller won’t stay connected to my Xbox one: Hello I recently ordered a red Xbox one x controller and it’s been having some connectivity issues for example whenever I try and play a game i load in fine but when the game starts my controller...