MWII: Why does my game keep freezing, not even restarting my game nor my Xbox helps

Discus and support MWII: Why does my game keep freezing, not even restarting my game nor my Xbox helps in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; When I load into a match, I can’t finish it because my game freezes and there’s nothing I can do. I restart my game to load bracket in and nothing... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Blxzer, Nov 8, 2022.

1. Blxzer
    Blxzer Guest

MWII: Why does my game keep freezing, not even restarting my game nor my Xbox helps

When I load into a match, I can’t finish it because my game freezes and there’s nothing I can do. I restart my game to load bracket in and nothing happens. I restarted my console and even uninstalled the game last night. This is bs, I’m just trying to play cod

:)

Blxzer, Nov 8, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.

I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this Blxzer

Additional information is needed, please tell me:

What Xbox console do you have?

Is this happening with the physical or digital edition of the game?

Is this happening only with COD or if you try a different game the issue persists?

Do you know if the game received an update before this started to happen? or since you purchased the game this is happening?

When you say, "I restarted my console" do you mean power cycle the console or restarting the console via settings / using the Xbox guide?

If its the second try power cycling the console instead:

1. Turn off your console by pressing the Xbox button on the front of the console for about 10 seconds, until it shuts down completely.

2. Unplug the console's power cable from the console and from the power outlet. Wait 5 minutes.

Important: Be sure to wait at least 5 minutes. This step resets the power supply.

3. Plug the console power cable back in.

4. Press the Xbox button on your console to turn it on.

And, besides restarting the console and reinstalling the game. Did you tried something else?

In that way I can advise you different things or how to proceed
  3. William Oseen Win User

Xbox series x keeps crashing during mid-game while playing destiny 2.

Yeah I did all that......I even looked up a video on YouTube to restart my series X but keep all my games and apps but it still crashes on me. So yeah I'm gonna have to get a hold of bungie and figure out why their game keeps crashing on my Xbox when no other game does that. Well thanks for the help, hopefully they can help me because I really don't feel like spending another $500 for a new Xbox......
  4. Tyler Lafo Win User

Why does my game keep freezing and crashes

I just tried everything and it worked for a little and then it went back to doing the same thing. Not sure what I'm doing wrong.
  5. Ronnieee Win User

Why does my game keep freezing and crashes

Hi there! This is Ronnie, an independent adviser.

Nice to meet you and I hope you are having a great day!

I understand you need help on your game problem.

Have you tried reinstalling the game?

If you did that already, try to reset the console.

NOTE: This will remove the profiles on your console, make sure that you remember the email and password to your account.

No data or game saves will be lost doing this, everything is backed up to the cloud servers.

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

2. Select Settings.

3. Select System.

4. Select Console info

5. Select Reset console.

6. Select Reset and keep my games & apps

This will also help sync the data on your console properly.

If the problem still persist, try reinstalling the game to another storage, if you are using an external hard drive, use the internal storage of the console.

You can also try another profile just to check if the problem is just the data on your account.

Hope that helps!
  6. Sweatygamer 411 Win User

Error message too long to start

Why does my xbox keep giving me the popup saying that something took too long to start?

Every app i try to open gives me this including network settings and games and apps. It sometimes even does this at the dashboard.
    try hard restarting the Xbox if that doesn't work try to go to settings and format keep games and apps
Thema:

1. MWII: Why does my game keep freezing, not even restarting my game nor my Xbox helps - Similar Threads - MWII Why does

2. Error code 0x87e0012c when attempting to download Call of Duty MWII?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Error code 0x87e0012c when attempting to download Call of Duty MWII?: Tried everything you can ever think of, spoke to support over and over offering the same solutions, nothing ever worked, including wiping my ssd clean, NAT Type is open, all other games download...
  3. My series X has no problems reading any other disc for download,but I got MWII and I can't...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My series X has no problems reading any other disc for download,but I got MWII and I can't...: How do I get my MWII disc to download,I have tried everything I know to do,just won't read it,but will read and download any other game just fine,it's driving me nuts HELP!!¡¡!!...
  4. I purchased COD MWII Vault Edition on console along with cross gen bundle

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I purchased COD MWII Vault Edition on console along with cross gen bundle: according to https://support.activision.com/modern-warfare-ii/articles/modern-warfare-ii-editions-faq i should have gotten a code or a pc edition of the game even if i bought it on console, yet i...
  5. Why Can I not Access Loadouts In MWII Offline Multiplayer

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why Can I not Access Loadouts In MWII Offline Multiplayer: just bought mw2 2022 and I can't use the custom loadouts and i check every where and i can't find a answer please help cuz i wanted to have a good time and i got it on my birthday Plz help quick...
  6. Call of duty MWII Cross play

in XBoX on Consoles
    Call of duty MWII Cross play: Hello, First of all I am very disappointed because I can't turn off the cross play only on COD and I need to turn off the cross play in my intire account, but the main problem is that when I do...
  7. I received a message across my screen saying to many logins to Call of Duty MWII. It then...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I received a message across my screen saying to many logins to Call of Duty MWII. It then...: I received a message in the middle of a game on Call of Duty MWII, saying I had to many log ins and just cut out. When I went to go back into the game it won't log into online services. I can...
  8. Hi, I'm trying to play campaign on call of duty modern warfare but, it only shows MWII and...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hi, I'm trying to play campaign on call of duty modern warfare but, it only shows MWII and...: Hi, I'm trying to play campaign on call of duty modern warfare but, it only shows MWII and warzone. I'm wondering if you help me find campaign as I recently installed the "DLC" for campaign. I've...
  9. (this is a common problem) I purchased the discounted upgrade for MWII [Vault Edition] for...

in XBoX Accessibility
    (this is a common problem) I purchased the discounted upgrade for MWII [Vault Edition] for...: The title is pretty self explanatory, but it’s true. On the Series X, I pre-ordered the base Modern Warfare II game back in September, or around that time of year. I didn’t want to commit...
  10. Error Starting MWII - Forcing me to purchase even though I already own it.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Error Starting MWII - Forcing me to purchase even though I already own it.: Hello, I purchased Modern Warfare 2 (2022) a couple weeks ago and have been able to play it since. I just installed a new update, and now when I try to launch MWII from the home menu, it gives...