MW2. Not playable on this device

Discus and support MW2. Not playable on this device in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have t used my Xbox Series S in several months. Trying to download and play Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 but I keep getting a “not playable on this... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Joe Agostinacci, Mar 14, 2023.

1. MW2. Not playable on this device

I have t used my Xbox Series S in several months. Trying to download and play Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 but I keep getting a “not playable on this device” message. With all versions of MW 2. Help please.

:)

Joe Agostinacci, Mar 14, 2023
  2. DeniqL Win User

Hi,Joe! I'm Luis, a fellow Xbox Gamer . Thanks for reaching us out here.

Just as a heads up, we are currently receiving multiple reports regarding this particular game compatibility issue, however, no official announcements have been made by Microsoft .In the meantime we can just perform troubleshooting steps.

Let´s try deleting the account´s cache first

Delete account Cache

Remove Account:

1. Press the Xbox button.

2. Select System > Settings > Account > Remove accounts.

3. Select the account that you want to remove, and then Remove.

4. Close.

Power Cycle:

1. Turn off your console by holding the Xbox button on the front of the console for approximately 10 seconds. The console will turn off.

2. Wait for 5 minutes and then turn your console back on by pressing the Xbox button on the console or the Xbox button on your controller.

Add Account:

1. Press the Xbox button.

2. Select your gamerpic in the upper-left corner of the screen, move all the way down and select Add new.

3. Enter the Email Address and the Password.

4. Read the Microsoft Service Agreement and Privacy Statement, and then select I Accept.

5. Follow the steps to configure your Sign-In & Security preferences to add your Microsoft account to your Xbox console again.

After that, try to play the game again.
  3. Jani Oosthuizen Win User

Not playable on Device ?

Hi Jonny,

Thank you for the assistance.

I cant purchace it. It gives me the error in the Microsoft Store.
  4. Obsessive Power Win User

Not playable on this device?

Hi,

It's a bug and one that MS have yet to acknowledge (at least at the time of writing anyway). The work around is to buy desired game via the website and then download it from your library.
  5. ngocphi Win User

Not playable on this device?

You are misunderstanding how it works

You can pre-order games all you want doesn't mean you can download and play series s/x consoles games

Xbox one games are just xbox one games it doesn't matter which xbox one you have all xbox one games work with xbox one

This is why series consoles are labeled series not xbox one series s
  6. Card Dreamer Win User

Not playable on Device ?

It should be noted this is a larger issue and not solely this game. I've seen this on the Skyrym Series X/S upgrade, Red Dead Redemption 2 and more.

I actually own RDR2 and it plays just fine. While I can't speak specifically to the issue of not being able to purchase, I can say titles appearing with this "notice" do infact, play.

However, it is worrying and scary for a person to see that message. I thought maybe something was going wrong with my Series X. I've seen reddit threads as well in regards to this issue. That would imply there is a bigger issue at large here
Thema:

1. MW2. Not playable on this device - Similar Threads - MW2 playable device

2. I loaded up MW2 on my Xbox series s and my new gaming mouse won't look around when I am in...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I loaded up MW2 on my Xbox series s and my new gaming mouse won't look around when I am in...: l loaded up MW2 on my Xbox series s and my new gaming mouse won't look around when I am in the game. I can only aim and shoot. a918d987-b2ee-45b5-ba56-114e2546d669
  3. why does microsoft say i didn't £69.99 for mw2?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why does microsoft say i didn't £69.99 for mw2?: why does microsoft say i didn't £69.99 for mw2? give me a refund your own records say i paid for it 318ada7e-4014-4e39-907b-81342fca63f5
  4. mw2 and fifa 23 won’t update

in XBoX Games and Apps
    mw2 and fifa 23 won’t update: my mw2 wouldn’t launch, so i did what the game said and deleted and tried to reinstall, but it won’t reinstall saying it needs and update and when trying to update says installation stopped....
  5. I bought the cross gen bundle for mw3 does that include the game mw2 if i bought the cross...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought the cross gen bundle for mw3 does that include the game mw2 if i bought the cross...: *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. *** 65473f14-799e-4336-a818-510f85e39a63
  6. Why won’t my mw2 disc load!!!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why won’t my mw2 disc load!!!: So I just bought a Xbox 360 mw2 disc from GameStop and when I put the disc into the disc reader on my Xbox one s it doesn’t show up as a disc is in the tray. I even tried going onto the Xbox app...
  7. Xbox mw2 disc not working!!!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox mw2 disc not working!!!: So I just bought a Xbox 360 mw2 disc from GameStop and when I put the disc into the disc reader on my Xbox one s it doesn’t show up as a disc is in the tray. I even tried going onto the Xbox app...
  8. Having a Graphical issue in CoD MW2 and now MW3

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Having a Graphical issue in CoD MW2 and now MW3: I’ve had this issue for a while but just assumed it was a bug or maybe a TV/monitor issue and it would resolve itself but I am the only one experiencing it that I know of even after trying...
  9. I paid for the upgrade in mw2 for the cross gen bundle my DMZ is still the same with the...

in XBoX on Windows
    I paid for the upgrade in mw2 for the cross gen bundle my DMZ is still the same with the...: I paid for the upgrade in mw2 for the cross gen bundle my DMZ is still the same with the 100,000$ cash limit when you upgrade it it’s supposed to 300,000$ what to do to fix this someone please...
  10. Why is mw2 on the xbox series x not loading the second mission of the game?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is mw2 on the xbox series x not loading the second mission of the game?: Whenever i try to play the second mission, it just plays like 3 sexonds of the cutscene, craps itself and boots me to the campaign menu. Mind you, i can play the first mission, completely fine, no...