Mw2 freezing mid game

Discus and support Mw2 freezing mid game in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; My mw2 game keeps freezing mid match and I don’t know what to do! I start it up normally and start a game but maybe 2 minutes into the game it freezes... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Azaan Choudhry, Nov 25, 2022.

1. Mw2 freezing mid game

My mw2 game keeps freezing mid match and I don’t know what to do! I start it up normally and start a game but maybe 2 minutes into the game it freezes and I’m forced to close the app sometimes even reset the console for me to join back. I’m on the Xbox series s and have plenty of space on my Internal Hard drive. I’ve tried all possible trouble shooting options but none of worked. This is an issue just with the mw2 game, they were but not limited to 1. Restarting the console 2. Resetting my controller 3. deleting the game and reinstalling it 4.. clearing MAC address 4. Hard resetting console and controller 5. Checking off all in game settings on call of duty (graphic settings and motion settings primarily to help the console from freezing none of have worked) 6. Moving my Xbox to a better suitable location to avoid overheating (the console is directly next to me) 7. Connecting via Ethernet to my router which is right next to me. It appears it only freezes when I’m playing mw2, this is an issue I’m only facing in my friends group even though they all have Xbox Series S and also play mw2. I’ve contacted support via phone and they were of no help. I’ve paid 70 dollars for this game just for it to not work properly which is absurd please help me if you can. Thank you!

:)

Azaan Choudhry, Nov 25, 2022
  2. Francia J. Win User

Mw2 freezing mid game

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

Seems like you have performed all the necessary steps, Azaan. In this case, we may need to reset the console keeping your games and apps.

Don't worry because as long as you're connected to Xbox Live your saved progress, games, will not be deleted. It will remove all of your accounts but you can add all of them later on.

Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

Select Profile & system > Settings > System > Console info.

Select Reset console.

Reset and keep my games & apps.
  3. Dérek Augusto Win User

MW2 game keeps freezing mid game

Hello!

My name is Dérek, I'm an independent platform consultant and I'm grateful for the opportunity to help you.

Azaan, From your report, I believe it's just a network error.

Because when the console has an unstable connection, it closes the game and returns to the menu, or just crashes.

So you just need to configure your internet devices now.

They are unconfigured, so have access restrictions, causing these errors.

If you do not have knowledge, I advise you to contact the ISP that they will do for you

set a fixed ip for the console/PC, open the ports described below, disable and enable the UPnP function and disable the modem firewall, if you have a modem and a router the process has to be done on both devices.

Put console/PC IP in DMZ zone.

Port 88 (UDP)

Port 3074 (UDP and TCP)

Port 53 (UDP and TCP)

Port 80 (TCP)

Port 500 (UDP)

Port 3544 (UDP)

Port 4500 (UDP)

You can ask ISP(Internet Service Provider) for help

I remain at your disposal if you have any further questions.
  4. Dérek Augusto Win User

New MW2 freezing mid games and game eventually crashes

Hello!

My name is Dérek, I'm an independent platform consultant and I'm grateful for the opportunity to help you.

Ocius, if you are getting disconnect, your network is not ok, friend.

Alright, let's try this here then

Press and hold the power button on your Xbox for 10 seconds, wait for it to turn off. Unplug it. Now wait 1 minute before turning it on.

Configuration>Network>Advanced Settings>DNS Settings>Manual>Primary 1.1.1.1 and Secondary 1.0.0.1

So you just need to configure your internet devices now.

They are unconfigured, so have access restrictions, causing these errors.

If you do not have knowledge, I advise you to contact the ISP that they will do for you

set a fixed ip for the console/PC, open the ports described below, disable and enable the UPnP function and disable the modem firewall, if you have a modem and a router the process has to be done on both devices.

Put console/PC IP in DMZ zone.

Port 88 (UDP)

Port 3074 (UDP and TCP)

Port 53 (UDP and TCP)

Port 80 (TCP)

Port 500 (UDP)

Port 3544 (UDP)

Port 4500 (UDP)

You can ask ISP(Internet Service Provider) for help

I remain at your disposal if you have any further questions.
  5. DillonDXbox Win User

How to stop game MW2 freezing mid game.. every game

S. I believe the white one, Have previously done this and still faced with the same error.
  6. Georges C. Win User

How to stop game MW2 freezing mid game.. every game

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello DillonDXbox, I don't know if you're playing in a new generation or old consoe, if you're in Series S/X, remove the games that are saved in quick resume, make sure you have a good space on the console's HD, and then do a cache cleanup on the console.

1. Go to xbox press and hold the XBOX power button on your console for 10 seconds until it turns off

2. Wait 10 seconds for it to turn off

3. Wait 1 minute with it off

4. Turn it back on
Thema:

Mw2 freezing mid game

1. Mw2 freezing mid game - Similar Threads - Mw2 freezing mid

2. New MW2 freezing mid games and game eventually crashes

in XBoX on Consoles
    New MW2 freezing mid games and game eventually crashes: I have Xbox series x when I play the new mw2 mid game the screen freezes then crashes. What do I do? I also played the new DMZ beta and it was super laggy but I never was kicked my internet is...
  3. Mw2 freezes indefinitely mid-match, how do I fix this?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Mw2 freezes indefinitely mid-match, how do I fix this?: Along with freezing for 20 seconds at a time while searching for a match, or my loadout sometimes being reverted to default until the match starts, my game will indefinitely freeze about two...
  4. MW2 freezing on series s, I’ve done everything possible, can anyone help?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    MW2 freezing on series s, I’ve done everything possible, can anyone help?: So I preordered the MW2 cross-gen bundle on my xbox one s. I recently got a xbox series s, but MW2 freezes on it. I can launch the game, but if I start a match or tab over to weapons my game...
  5. call of duty mw2 freezes on killcam? anyone else and help

in XBoX Games and Apps
    call of duty mw2 freezes on killcam? anyone else and help: call of duty mw2 freezes on killcam when i skip every game ea3f3af6-9aa0-4019-9efe-e19567f77ae1
  6. Why dose Call of Duty MW2 on my XBOX Series X keep freezing and then returning to the main...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why dose Call of Duty MW2 on my XBOX Series X keep freezing and then returning to the main...: I have been playing Call of Duty MW2 on my Xbox Series X and all has been fine up to now. It has now started to freeze then return to the Xbox dashboard and I can not progress any further is...
  7. MW2 game keeps freezing mid game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    MW2 game keeps freezing mid game: My mw2 game keeps freezing mid match and I don’t know what to do! I start it up normally and start a game but maybe 2 minutes into the game it freezes and I’m forced to close the app sometimes...
  8. How to stop game MW2 freezing mid game.. every game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to stop game MW2 freezing mid game.. every game: MW2 My game freezes like it can’t keep up and have to dashboard on every multiplayer game. Painful that I can’t complete a game. still connected to Xbox live party...
  9. Why does my MW2 freeze and then crash in the middle of a match?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does my MW2 freeze and then crash in the middle of a match?: My game keeps freezing in the middle of the match and usually only happens when I die mid game and I have no apps running in the background I’m just confused of why this keeps happening....
  10. Why does MW2 2022 keep freezing then force closing?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does MW2 2022 keep freezing then force closing?: I have a Xbox Series S, it's only a couple months old and I can run any other game perfectly fine! When it comes to COD it's a different story. My game will end up freezing and force closes. Ive...