MW2 Cancelled the update and deleted itself.

Discus and support MW2 Cancelled the update and deleted itself. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; So today when I got home from work I launched MW2 and it told me I needed to update my game. Auromatic updates are turned on so I don’t understand why... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by AntonioBautista1, May 11, 2023.

1. MW2 Cancelled the update and deleted itself.

So today when I got home from work I launched MW2 and it told me I needed to update my game. Auromatic updates are turned on so I don’t understand why it wasn’t updated already. Once the update starts it automatically cancels the update and uninstalls itself. Now I have to reinstall the whole game and I don’t have very good internet where I live and I have to wake up early for work. Why is my game unistalling itself and why isn’t anything up to date even though I have automatic updates on. This is very frustrating.

:)

AntonioBautista1, May 11, 2023
  2. DeniqL Win User

Hi! I'm Luis, a fellow Xbox Gamer . Thanks for reaching us out here.

It is quite weird for a game to delete itself after trying to update it. There is no specific reason as to why this happened othar than a minor bug.

Let´s try performing a full power cyclr to see if we can get the automatic updates running again

Full Power Cycle

Turn off your console by holding the Xbox button  on the front of the console for approximately 10 seconds. The console will turn off.

Once the lights on the front of the console, unplug the power cable from the rear of the console.

Wait at least 30 seconds.

Turn your console back on by pressing the Xbox button  on the console or the Xbox button  on your controller.
  3. RFG Barracuda Win User

COD MW2 Uninstalled Itself from Internal Storage

Yeah, just happened to me. As soon as I got on mw2 decided to 'update' (reinstall) itself. Looking in the drive, it says the game is still there, but if you try to cancel the 'update' it just deletes the game anyways. I'm on series x currently but this happened with other games on the Xbox one.
  4. Blaze2706 Win User

MW2 keeps deleting itself

I’m on Xbox one , I’ve fully installed it all, multiplayer, then campaign, then spec ops. It takes nearly a full day all told. I’m installing it on an external hard drive. It says MW2 needs an update , when I check my games list it’s gone and I have to re install it again.
  5. Blaze2706 Win User

I’m on Xbox one , I’ve fully installed it all, multiplayer, then campaign, then spec ops. It takes nearly a full day all told. I’m installing it on an external hard drive. It says MW2 needs an update , when I check my games list it’s gone and I have to re install it again.
  6. Dérek Augusto Win User

Hello!

My name is Dérek, I'm an independent platform consultant and I'm grateful for the opportunity to help you.

Blaze, Is the game being installed on the internal or external HD, friend?

Are you part of the insider?

Is the game installing full every time, or is it just updating?

I remain at your disposal if you have any further questions.
Thema:

1. MW2 Cancelled the update and deleted itself. - Similar Threads - MW2 Cancelled update

2. I loaded up MW2 on my Xbox series s and my new gaming mouse won't look around when I am in...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I loaded up MW2 on my Xbox series s and my new gaming mouse won't look around when I am in...: l loaded up MW2 on my Xbox series s and my new gaming mouse won't look around when I am in the game. I can only aim and shoot. a918d987-b2ee-45b5-ba56-114e2546d669
  3. why does microsoft say i didn't £69.99 for mw2?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why does microsoft say i didn't £69.99 for mw2?: why does microsoft say i didn't £69.99 for mw2? give me a refund your own records say i paid for it 318ada7e-4014-4e39-907b-81342fca63f5
  4. mw2 and fifa 23 won’t update

in XBoX Games and Apps
    mw2 and fifa 23 won’t update: my mw2 wouldn’t launch, so i did what the game said and deleted and tried to reinstall, but it won’t reinstall saying it needs and update and when trying to update says installation stopped....
  5. I bought the cross gen bundle for mw3 does that include the game mw2 if i bought the cross...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought the cross gen bundle for mw3 does that include the game mw2 if i bought the cross...: *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. *** 65473f14-799e-4336-a818-510f85e39a63
  6. Why won’t my mw2 disc load!!!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why won’t my mw2 disc load!!!: So I just bought a Xbox 360 mw2 disc from GameStop and when I put the disc into the disc reader on my Xbox one s it doesn’t show up as a disc is in the tray. I even tried going onto the Xbox app...
  7. Xbox mw2 disc not working!!!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox mw2 disc not working!!!: So I just bought a Xbox 360 mw2 disc from GameStop and when I put the disc into the disc reader on my Xbox one s it doesn’t show up as a disc is in the tray. I even tried going onto the Xbox app...
  8. Having a Graphical issue in CoD MW2 and now MW3

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Having a Graphical issue in CoD MW2 and now MW3: I’ve had this issue for a while but just assumed it was a bug or maybe a TV/monitor issue and it would resolve itself but I am the only one experiencing it that I know of even after trying...
  9. I paid for the upgrade in mw2 for the cross gen bundle my DMZ is still the same with the...

in XBoX on Windows
    I paid for the upgrade in mw2 for the cross gen bundle my DMZ is still the same with the...: I paid for the upgrade in mw2 for the cross gen bundle my DMZ is still the same with the 100,000$ cash limit when you upgrade it it’s supposed to 300,000$ what to do to fix this someone please...
  10. Why is mw2 on the xbox series x not loading the second mission of the game?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is mw2 on the xbox series x not loading the second mission of the game?: Whenever i try to play the second mission, it just plays like 3 sexonds of the cutscene, craps itself and boots me to the campaign menu. Mind you, i can play the first mission, completely fine, no...