Muted friend

Discus and support Muted friend in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; One of my friends on Fortnite is muted yet others aren’t and they can all talk to each other. My security settings look fine so I can’t understand why... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by Charlotte Read, Feb 14, 2023.

1. Muted friend

One of my friends on Fortnite is muted yet others aren’t and they can all talk to each other. My security settings look fine so I can’t understand why I’m suddenly unable to hear that one person in particular. Any suggestions please?

:)

Charlotte Read, Feb 14, 2023
  2. Mister Taurus Win User

Friends muted

Hello! We currently have a service alert up at this time.
    We would be unable to speculate on how long it will take to get things back to normal, however, we have teams hard at work to get things back up and running.
    Once it has ended please let us know if this still occurs. You can stay up to date on things here:
    http://xbx.lv/1EkxWOp
  3. bowski477 Win User

friend muted

It's currently a known glitch. Xbox is aware and is working on a fix.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live-status
  4. OKAPI GAMING619 Win User

friend muted

I have the same issue with 2 of my friends
  5. Rostom L Win User

Muted friend

Hi Charlotte! I'm Rostom, an Independent Advisor. I will be glad to help you here.

If you can communicate with other players just fine, there’s no issue with your account. It’s possible that it’s an issue on the other party. Please advise to check his privacy settings or check on his end if he muted you. Check as well his profile on your end if he’s muted too.
  6. Kickstone Win User

Friends muted

I also have this issue and so does my son. He has a friend and his friend is unable to unmute him. He didn't place him on mute in the first place. He tries to unmute on his friends list but it just reverts back. I have his friend on my list and he is muted
    under my account....through choice :). But I too can't unmute him now. Tried on my friends list, reverts back to muted. Tried by going under my profile, going to following, selecting muted, unmuting him there.....still the same.

Anybody got any ideas? Could Fortnite have anything to do with it? Tried going in to party, then going to in game chat, leaving it for 10 secs, going back to party and unmuting. Has worked for some....not for me. Please, help me. my son won't stop moaning
    about it. Is it something that just resolves itself or is that it?
Thema:

Muted friend

1. Muted friend - Similar Threads - Muted friend

2. I have a friend permanently muted. In Party I can hear him but in game chat doesn't work

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I have a friend permanently muted. In Party I can hear him but in game chat doesn't work: I have a friend permanently muted. In Party I can hear him but in game chat doesn't work 44fed8e7-9aca-4903-a401-e2a753d14647
  3. Discord keeps my mic muted on the xbox party chats

in XboX Insiders
    Discord keeps my mic muted on the xbox party chats: whenever i join a VC xbox just keeps my mic muted and no one can hear me however when i switch accounts it works just fine, can anyone help me? submitted by /u/DestryYT [link] [comments]
  4. some reason the audio for my stream is muted and it wont let me fix it, its honestly quite...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    some reason the audio for my stream is muted and it wont let me fix it, its honestly quite...: I was putting up stream and usually ill re set it to get this to work but now it flat out wont work. Everytime i go like its muted and wont let me unmute the stream. I dont know what to do....
  5. I am unable to issue a warranty on my xbox wireless headset. The infamous mute button snap...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I am unable to issue a warranty on my xbox wireless headset. The infamous mute button snap...: As title says, my xbox wireless headset has snapped where the mute button is. This is not due to mistreatment and here's proof:...
  6. Weirdly on my xbox I have a friend that's muted in party but not muted on the profile and...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Weirdly on my xbox I have a friend that's muted in party but not muted on the profile and...: Weirdly on my xbox I have a friend that's muted in party but not muted on the profile and we tried everything but it's not letting me unmute them but they can hear me...
  7. Why is my headset causing friends to hear a echo while it's muted?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why is my headset causing friends to hear a echo while it's muted?: My headset causes my friends in party chat to hear a echo even when it is muted. I have tried multiple different controllers and headsets and the problem persists....
  8. Can’t Un-mute Friend

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can’t Un-mute Friend: Hey everyone. I’m having an issue with hearing a friend. It keeps showing that they are muted and no matter how many times I click un-mute, it doesn’t change. Any advice?...
  9. Muted friend last night, can’t un mute today.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Muted friend last night, can’t un mute today.: hey everyone, I need some assistants. I have a few friends I have muted cuz I have played in the same room and didn’t want them coming through my head set also, but now I go into unmute them...
  10. Glitch! Have one friend that keeps defaulting to mute

in XBoX on Consoles
    Glitch! Have one friend that keeps defaulting to mute: I have one friend that I can’t unmute. Tried blocking/unblocking and that doesn’t work and the mute/unmute is not working so I can’t unmute in chat or in game chat. Please help!...