Mute stuck on xbox one, cant connect headset

Discus and support Mute stuck on xbox one, cant connect headset in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; the mute icon is stuck in the on position in the upper right corner. Cannot connect Astro A10 headset. Tried all troubleshooting suggestions, including... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by LindaK1230, Jan 5, 2019.

1. LindaK1230
    LindaK1230 Guest

the mute icon is stuck in the on position in the upper right corner. Cannot connect Astro A10 headset. Tried all troubleshooting suggestions, including powering down & changing controller. Nothing works. Headset is not broken. Is there a way to unmute
    this?

:)

LindaK1230, Jan 5, 2019
  2. LindaK1230 Win User

Yup def a con! Husband went and bought adapter and presto, all fixed. Just another way for microsoft to make money off us suckers!
  3. XBF Brad A Win User

Hello Linda,

Sorry for the issue with the mute icon being on. It seems as the controller is not recognizing the headset when it is connected. Do the Astro come with an adapter or do the y plug directly into the controller with the 3.5mm jack? You also can run through
    the
    Xbox headset troubleshooter

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Brad
  4. Tricky1878 Win User

I have same problem when connecting directly to controller 3.5mm socket with Nubwo headset. Previously had turtle beach headset, no probs. The Nubwo have worked for last couple of months and just stopped working. Same as others there's now a muted icon
    in top right corner of screen next to battery level. Headset works in other devices, pc, phone, iPad so defo not a hardware problem. Sounds like a con to get you to buy the Xbox adaptor..... any clues?????
  5. LindaK1230 Win User

Hey Brad

Headset comes with 3.5mm jack. We tried the headset troubleshooting. We have also removed the profile and set it back up, we even did a console reset. Still nothing. Not sure where the issue is. Very frustrating!
  6. DARTH DINOBOT Win User

Xbox One Mic Stuck on mute?

My headset's mute button light was permanently on and the headset would not work at all. I then checked the update controller option within system settings (headset was attached) and a new update was found which I installed. However the headset still dose
    not work and mute light is stuck to flashing / blinking all the time.

The light even flashes when the console and controller are off and and is connected via the USB cable.
Thema:

1. Mute stuck on xbox one, cant connect headset - Similar Threads - Mute stuck cant

2. What do you do if your stuck on mute and cant unmute yourself on computer

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    What do you do if your stuck on mute and cant unmute yourself on computer: What do you do if your stuck on mute and cant unmute yourself on the xbox game bar on computer ffc40eab-0020-477f-8e70-51397cef6eb8
  3. Mute button stuck on whenever plugged into controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Mute button stuck on whenever plugged into controller: Out of no where my stereo adapter just stopped working… I have seen a number of these pop up on here… I have restarted my console updated the firm on controller with and without hell I’ve tried...
  4. Mute stuck on xbox windows

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Mute stuck on xbox windows: I have been dealing with this for a while and I have yet to fix this problem with my mute button being stuck and on mute. My mic works fine on discord or when I use it on my controller, but when I...
  5. Xbox One Headset Adapter Stuck on Mute

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Headset Adapter Stuck on Mute: Hi, as I logged in this morning the headset adapter keeps showing an orange light and is stuck on mute. I tried manually downloading an update for the controller (even if there is no update...
  6. My sons xbox is stuck on mute

in XBoX on Consoles
    My sons xbox is stuck on mute: my sons xbox is stuck on mute - we have tried to switching profiles, rebooting and new speakers - but nothing works - can anyone help? cea36510-a66f-41c9-9199-8d5b42161aec
  7. XBox One Stereo Headset Adapter stuck on mute

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox One Stereo Headset Adapter stuck on mute: Really fed up of this - i know a few people have similar issues. I have the official XBox One Stereo Headset Adapter and official headphones. Worked fine for about a year. Then suddenly i turn...
  8. Xbox Headset adapter stuck on mute

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Headset adapter stuck on mute: My xbox headset adapter immediately goes to mute as soon as I plug it into my controller. I tried updating the controller while plugged in but the mute button just blinks and still does not...
  9. Xbox Headset adapter stuck on mute. Tried updating

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Headset adapter stuck on mute. Tried updating: My xbox headset adapter immediately goes to mute as soon as I plug it into my controller. I tried updating the controller while plugged in but the mute button just blinks and still does not...
  10. Why do I have a mute icon stuck on my xbox and cant get any audio?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do I have a mute icon stuck on my xbox and cant get any audio?: I am getting no audio, have done a factory reset, have used 3 different headsets, two different controllers, and i still have a mute icon next to the battery on the home screen. I can have no...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. mute icon stuck on xbox one