Mute speaker audio when headset attached doesn’t work

Discus and support Mute speaker audio when headset attached doesn’t work in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; When I activate this setting, and go back it doesn’t remember it. When I open Additional Options again, it is unchecked. I’m using the Xbox Wireless... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Rivanov, Oct 20, 2021.

1. /u/Rivanov
    /u/Rivanov Guest

When I activate this setting, and go back it doesn’t remember it. When I open Additional Options again, it is unchecked.

I’m using the Xbox Wireless Headset and my speakers are connected via e-ARC to my Marantz receiver.

submitted by /u/Rivanov
    [link] [comments]

/u/Rivanov, Oct 20, 2021
  2. ItsDeftty Win User

Headset problem

Hello there Kai, if you have a tv + speakers and want to use a headset instead you simply need to go to settings > volume & audio output > hdmi audio > headset format. If that does not sork you can go into additional options and check the ‘’mute speaker audio when headset attached’’ and party output to headset instead of speakers.

Hope you have an amazing rest of your day!

Best regards

Defty
  3. Internet Expert Win User

Switch from headset to TV speaker

4. MaximumExtreme Win User

Headset Issues (Microsoft Brand)

Hi Thump, The headset doesn’t know if you’re using your headset just for chat or for all audio, so TV audio is not automatically muted when you’re using the adapter. You must manually adjust your TV audio volume
  5. willibpimpin710 Win User

No Dolby Atmos sound in games

Yeah, I tried all of that, nothing works. Switching between audio formats makes it glitch and waiting a second resets it but it still only works on stereo and 5.1 but the Atmos works FINE on movies, Dolby App etc. Atmos works, just not in games. Its clearly
    an Xbox issue.

Troubleshoot settings

In-game audio issues when using Dolby Atmos:

If you experience audio problems when you’re using Dolby Atmos, try turning it off:

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide and select System >
      Settings.
    2. Select Display & sound, then from the headset audio options, select
      Stereo Uncompressed.
    Frozen speaker settings after you disconnect a Windows Sonic or Dolby Atmos headset:

In most cases, disconnecting or turning off a headset/device configured for spatial audio (Windows Sonic or Dolby Atmos) will return the speakers to their previous audio settings. However, certain hardware—such as wireless headsets using an intelligent transceiver
    plugged into USB—might still show the headset is connected even after it’s disconnected or turned off.

Unplug the headset or the headset component attached to the Xbox. This should immediately return the speakers to their previous configuration without changing the headset or speaker audio settings. Plugging the headset or the headset component back in should
    restore the headset format you’ve chosen.

If you’re still having problems switching between speakers and headset on Xbox One, check the headset/speakers manufacturer’s website for more info.

Let us know with a reply how it goes!
  6. XBF George L Win User

Dolby atmos para auriculares falla descarga en xbox one x *Mod Translation* Dolby Atmos for earphones failure download on Xbox One X

Troubleshoot settings

In-game audio issues when using Dolby Atmos:

If you experience audio problems when you’re using Dolby Atmos, try turning it off:

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide and select System >Settings.
    2. Select Display & sound, then from the headset audio options, select
      Stereo Uncompressed.
    Frozen speaker settings after you disconnect a Windows Sonic or Dolby Atmos headset:

In most cases, disconnecting or turning off a headset/device configured for spatial audio (Windows Sonic or Dolby Atmos) will return the speakers to their previous audio settings. However, certain hardware—such as wireless headsets using an intelligent transceiver
    plugged into USB—might still show the headset is connected even after it’s disconnected or turned off.

Unplug the headset or the headset component attached to the Xbox. This should immediately return the speakers to their previous configuration without changing the headset or speaker audio settings. Plugging the headset or the headset component back in should
    restore the headset format you’ve chosen.

If you’re still having problems getting Dolby Atmos to work on Xbox One, check the headset/speakers manufacturer’s website for more info.

Let us know with a reply how it goes!
Thema:

1. Mute speaker audio when headset attached doesn’t work - Similar Threads - Mute speaker audio

2. I have a friend permanently muted. In Party I can hear him but in game chat doesn't work

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I have a friend permanently muted. In Party I can hear him but in game chat doesn't work: I have a friend permanently muted. In Party I can hear him but in game chat doesn't work 44fed8e7-9aca-4903-a401-e2a753d14647
  3. Discord keeps my mic muted on the xbox party chats

in XboX Insiders
    Discord keeps my mic muted on the xbox party chats: whenever i join a VC xbox just keeps my mic muted and no one can hear me however when i switch accounts it works just fine, can anyone help me? submitted by /u/DestryYT [link] [comments]
  4. some reason the audio for my stream is muted and it wont let me fix it, its honestly quite...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    some reason the audio for my stream is muted and it wont let me fix it, its honestly quite...: I was putting up stream and usually ill re set it to get this to work but now it flat out wont work. Everytime i go like its muted and wont let me unmute the stream. I dont know what to do....
  5. I am unable to issue a warranty on my xbox wireless headset. The infamous mute button snap...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I am unable to issue a warranty on my xbox wireless headset. The infamous mute button snap...: As title says, my xbox wireless headset has snapped where the mute button is. This is not due to mistreatment and here's proof:...
  6. Launching Steam games mutes ALL audio from all apps/windows/etc.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Launching Steam games mutes ALL audio from all apps/windows/etc.: This only happens with Steam games. I launches a different game through the Ubisoft launcher and had no audio issues. Whenever I launch ANY of my Steam games, audio from ALL sources completely...
  7. Discord muted

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Discord muted: Ive been trying to use the discord app on the xbox and i can hear people just fine is just that ive been muted and it wouldn't unmute, P.S....Ive tested the mic on in-chats and it works....
  8. My Xbox headset isn't working. No it's not muted, nor is the Xbox setting on mute. I've...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox headset isn't working. No it's not muted, nor is the Xbox setting on mute. I've...: My Xbox headset isn't working. No it's not muted, nor is the Xbox setting on mute. I've tried all the settings that I can think of. afd660d5-1449-4ca1-b47e-109edb9562cc
  9. HP probook f8 stopped working for mute and unmute....driver and windows all the latest...

in XBoX on Consoles
    HP probook f8 stopped working for mute and unmute....driver and windows all the latest...: HP probook f8 stopped working for mute and unmute....driver and windows all the latest driver installed. while PC is starting light blinks...which means switch is fine....n...
  10. Xbox is saying I’m muted on discord but not any other device

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Xbox is saying I’m muted on discord but not any other device: I've been using discord on xbox and for whatever reason it says I'm muted while in a call but everyone can hear me just fine, but i can get rid of the muted sign and my voice doesn't appear on the...