Mute icon in top right hand corner

Discus and support Mute icon in top right hand corner in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi When we switch on our Xbox we have an icon up in the top right hand corner of a microphone with a line going through it, as if muted. It appeared a... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by GrainneHeneghan, Jun 19, 2020.

1. Mute icon in top right hand corner

Hi

When we switch on our Xbox we have an icon up in the top right hand corner of a microphone with a line going through it, as if muted. It appeared a few days ago. When we plug our headset into the controller our friends can't hear us and we can't hear them
    through the headset. We can't seem to get rid of this muted microphone icon in the top right hand corner. Can you help please.

Thanks

:)

GrainneHeneghan, Jun 19, 2020
  2. xCaptRedBeardx1 Win User

Check and make sure headset is being recognized. If so then check your nat type. If you and your friends have different nat types they may conflict with each other and cause communication issues.
  3. MissSilvrUnicrn Win User

Hello!

Have you checked your audio setting in your system to make sure your setting didnt get messed up? Did anyone get accidentally blocked from voice chat? I had a similar problem recently where my headset itself needed to be replaced:(
  4. Secretmaster372 Win User

verifique si su microfono esta activado, tambien si estan asignados a su perfil, para saber si estan asignados a su perfil vaya a la aplicacion "accersorios de xbox".
  5. DrifterX22 Win User

Check to see if it is being recognized and assigned to your profile
  6. balajirao1 Win User

Xbox headset not outputting audio

Do you have a mute icon on the top right of your homescreen ?
Thema:

1. Mute icon in top right hand corner - Similar Threads - Mute icon top

2. Mute icon appeared on screen with Xbox One S

in XBoX on Consoles
    Mute icon appeared on screen with Xbox One S: A mute icon has recently appeared on screen with my Xbox One S (no clue how or why), which is not allwoing me to use my wired headset/mic. Its incredibly frustrating. I have already done the...
  3. Mute icon is crossed off?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Mute icon is crossed off?: OK... My sons headset has stopped recieving sound.. But the headset works but we have noticed that a muted icon is in top right of screen & aslo we can't use the headset volume settings? How can...
  4. Mute Icon

in XBoX on Consoles
    Mute Icon: Hey, the mute icon has appeared beside the battery icon on the xbox screen - and we have no audio? Having read up on this through lots of other posts it seems to be a common know issue with the...
  5. Xbox One - Mute Icon on home screen

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One - Mute Icon on home screen: The sound icon, a microphone with a slash thru it, on the top right of the screen, next to the battery indicator and time on the home screen, is muting sound thru my headset and I can’t hear...
  6. Headset not working,mute icon has been on since Christmas

in XBoX Accessibility
    Headset not working,mute icon has been on since Christmas: My headset is new but wont work to chat or listen when playing on xbox only works on switch, mute icon has beenon for awhile. I tried various things but still nothing, any ideas to what is wrong?...
  7. Why do I have a mute icon stuck on my xbox and cant get any audio?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do I have a mute icon stuck on my xbox and cant get any audio?: I am getting no audio, have done a factory reset, have used 3 different headsets, two different controllers, and i still have a mute icon next to the battery on the home screen. I can have no...
  8. My son's mic has stopped working - was fine and then stopped and now it has a mute icon top...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My son's mic has stopped working - was fine and then stopped and now it has a mute icon top...: was fine and then stopped and now it has a mute icon top right or bottom left depending on screen layout - why?! we have restarted by doing the 10 second thing - we have checked settings - but he...
  9. Mute Icon on screen and Headsets do not work.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Mute Icon on screen and Headsets do not work.: Son has an Xbox One S Headsets worked upon first getting the Xbox in Dec 2018 within a month they stopped working. We have tried 3 headsets, 3 controllers, Console Resets and many troubleshoots...
  10. cannot hear from headsetm also a mute icon top right corner of TV

in XBoX on Consoles
    cannot hear from headsetm also a mute icon top right corner of TV: My son has 2 headsets that he cannot hear from when he connects them to the controllers. Also there is a mute icon on the top right corner of the home screen on XBox One. I tried buying a new...