Mute button stuck on whenever plugged into controller

Discus and support Mute button stuck on whenever plugged into controller in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Out of no where my stereo adapter just stopped working… I have seen a number of these pop up on here… I have restarted my console updated the firm on... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Fairdinkum16, Nov 22, 2022.

1. Fairdinkum16
    Fairdinkum16 Guest

Out of no where my stereo adapter just stopped working… I have seen a number of these pop up on here… I have restarted my console updated the firm on controller with and without hell I’ve tried multiple controllers and everytime I plug in the adapter the mute button turns on and stays on… I’ve checked all my settings and still won’t work… any ideas how to fix this ? It’s less than a year old and I see so many people with the same issue and hell I don’t want to go out and buy another or a new controller just to have the same problems … anyone figured out yet how to fix this ?Update my wife said it worked earlier today but we’re now back to the solid mute no matter what… what’s up Xbox is there a fix or what ?

Any help other than buying a new one is greatly appreciated

:)

Fairdinkum16, Nov 22, 2022
  2. Georges C. Win User

Hello again, Have you tried some kind of reset on the console, whether it's keeping games and apps or deleting everything, you've tried some kind of reset on the console, whether it's keeping games and Apps or deleting everything, if you haven't tried it, follow the procedures below.

Xbox One reset keeping Games:

Press the Xbox button to open the panel.

Select system > Settings > System > Console Information

Select Reset console.

Restore and maintain my games and apps.

Rest assured, you won't miss games or saves

Note: You need to know the email and passwords of your accounts when performing this reset.
  3. Georges C. Win User

4. Fairdinkum16 Win User

Hey thanks but when I get to help topics all I show is account and profile . Sub and billing, hardware and networking , family online safety , games and app, and friends and social…

I even searched the verbiage u advised to follow and it just tells me to do the same thing when it’s not even there…..

I tried hardware and networking went to controllers but that option wasn’t there…

Am I missing something ?
  5. Georges C. Win User

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello Fairdinkum16, sometimes updating the new firmware may present some problems, try following the instructions in the link below and make a firmware reversal of your control.

My Xbox controller has connection issues after the last update

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...
  6. Fairdinkum16 Win User

Or is this one of those options Xbox just says it has and can do but actually can’t ?
Thema:

1. Mute button stuck on whenever plugged into controller - Similar Threads - Mute button stuck

2. I am unable to issue a warranty on my xbox wireless headset. The infamous mute button snap...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I am unable to issue a warranty on my xbox wireless headset. The infamous mute button snap...: As title says, my xbox wireless headset has snapped where the mute button is. This is not due to mistreatment and here's proof:...
  3. the cloud gaming mute button only mutes for a few seconds then randomly unmuted

in XBoX Games and Apps
    the cloud gaming mute button only mutes for a few seconds then randomly unmuted: im trying to mute myself on xbox cloud gaming so i cant be heard in game chat but for some reason it only mutes for a few seconds then unmutes again. 5d3b3884-0c66-4c46-b3ee-38de44c2d84c
  4. 'mute mic' keybind for xbox series controller share button.

in XboX Insiders
    'mute mic' keybind for xbox series controller share button.: We can currently change the keybinds of the share button to non capture related things like 'show party chat' or even 'mute TV' so I think the ability to tap the share button to mute your...
  5. I think 'mute microphone' should be added as a keybind to the share button on series...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I think 'mute microphone' should be added as a keybind to the share button on series...: I think 'mute microphone' should be added as a keybind to the share button on series controllers as currently we can change it's functions to things none capture related such as 'show party' or...
  6. Defective Xbox headset, microphone breaking at mute button

in XBoX on Consoles
    Defective Xbox headset, microphone breaking at mute button: I have a Microsoft wireless headset that i have had for about a year, i put it on to play today and unmuted my mic and it fell and started dangling from the wires. Upon further inspection i found...
  7. Xbox add button to mute someone in a party as leader

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox add button to mute someone in a party as leader: If someone is being annoying you mute them for the whole party. A bit like kicking someone but not actually doing it. You can only do it as party leader. submitted by /u/Fine_Ad395 [link]...
  8. HP Elite Dragonfly F8 mute button not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    HP Elite Dragonfly F8 mute button not working: a little bit ago my mute button suddenly stopped functioning entirely, after no issues whatsoever. although there is no physical damage and the keys surrounding it are completely fine. i have...
  9. share button remap mute mic possible?

in XboX Insiders
    share button remap mute mic possible?: Can you remap share button to mute mic that would be beautiful submitted by /u/yachtz420 [link] [comments]
  10. Microphone Mute remapped to Xbox Share Button

in XboX Insiders
    Microphone Mute remapped to Xbox Share Button: Hi. I saw a post today on Twitter that said the Xbox Share Button is getting more functionality and I love this idea. When I went through the list of available actions you could remap this button...