Must unplug and reconnect Xbox One Wireless USB adapter every time computer restarts

Discus and support Must unplug and reconnect Xbox One Wireless USB adapter every time computer restarts in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hi! I've got a problem with my Xbox One wireless USB adapter. Every time I've restarted my computer and try to connect my Xbox One Pro controller it... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Qbertzelious, Apr 29, 2017.

1. Qbertzelious
    Qbertzelious Guest

Must unplug and reconnect Xbox One Wireless USB adapter every time computer restarts

Hi! I've got a problem with my Xbox One wireless USB adapter. Every time I've restarted my computer and try to connect my Xbox One Pro controller it just blinks for some time and then shuts down again. I then have to unplug my Xbox One wireless USB dongle,
    plug it back in and hold the connect button until it starts blinking and then sync my controller which then connects. Any ideas on how to fix this? Old Xbox 360 wireless works has always worked perfectly and still does. Thank you!

:)

Qbertzelious, Apr 29, 2017
  2. inikul
    inikul Guest
    Wireless Gaming Adapters: Xbox One wireless adapter has stopped working properly since Windows update

Wireless Gaming Adapters: Xbox One wireless adapter has stopped working properly since Windows update
    Ever since I got an update on January 23rd, the adapter refuses to stay connected to my Xbox One controller. If I restart my computer and connect my controller, it works fine, but if I wait a few hours, it will connect and disconnect and never keep a connection.

I've completely uninstalled my drivers, unplugged the adapter, restarted my computer, plugged in the adapter, and had the drivers reinstall, but it still doesn't function properly.

Please help.

inikul, Apr 29, 2017
  3. EricBurson
    EricBurson Guest
    Xbox One Wireless Controller Won't Stay Connected In Windows 10

I'm having a problem with the Xbox One Wireless Controller not staying connected in Windows 10.

I'm using one of the newer controllers with the stereo input along with the USB wireless adapter dongle.

Whether after batteries run out, after it disconnects from being idle, or one if it's random disconnects, it refuses to connect again. Pressing and holding the Xbox button causes it to connect for one second then disconnect. It just won't stay connected.
    Re-sycning with the dongle will not connect it. Connected with a USB cable, then unplugging will not keep it connected. The only way to use the controller is to restart the computer. Which means I'm restarting my computer multiple times a day.

I've updated the controller firmware and have uninstalled and reinstalled the drive for the dongle. Neither have helped.

EricBurson, Apr 29, 2017
  4. Miss Bijoux
    Miss Bijoux Guest

Hey there Qbert!

I'm sorry to hear about the issue with the wireless USB adapter. First thing to check is to see if your Windows PC has any updates pending and make sure your computer is fully updated. Next, make sure that you have everything for your

USB adapter properly installed
    . If that's all looking good, the next thing I'd recommend doing is working through our

troubleshooting guide
    to see if you're able to resolve the issue with those steps.

Keep us posted! Must unplug and reconnect Xbox One Wireless USB adapter every time computer restarts :)

--------------------------------------

Xbox Forums Staff

Be sure to check out the
    Xbox Forum Guidelines and if you're
    a member of the Xbox Insider Program, check out the
    Xbox Insider Program Forums
    for help with Insider Program troubleshooting.

Miss Bijoux, May 1, 2017
  5. Miss Bijoux Win User

Hey there Qbert!

I'm sorry to hear about the issue with the wireless USB adapter. First thing to check is to see if your Windows PC has any updates pending and make sure your computer is fully updated. Next, make sure that you have everything for your

USB adapter properly installed
    . If that's all looking good, the next thing I'd recommend doing is working through our

troubleshooting guide
    to see if you're able to resolve the issue with those steps.

Keep us posted! :)

--------------------------------------

Xbox Forums Staff

Be sure to check out the
    Xbox Forum Guidelines and if you're
    a member of the Xbox Insider Program, check out the
    Xbox Insider Program Forums
    for help with Insider Program troubleshooting.
  6. ChiefJoboo Win User

Xbox elite controller

When you connect it to your PC via USB it erases the last console (or wireless adapter for windows) it was connected to.

Unfortunately this is intended and you must reconnect it each time you switch between your PC and your Xbox one.

To speed up the process of syncing it to your Xbox one you could simply plug in the USB cable into the console and once it's working, unplug it from USB and it will be wirelessly synced.
  7. medium bloke Win User

Wifi adapter with a pc

This might work, but there might be complications. (You may need an
    Ethernet Cable) Taken from eHow:

Turn your computer. Allow the computer to start up and then hook it to your router or modem with an Ethernet cable. You will need to have access to the Internet in order to download updated drivers to run the wireless adapter.

Plug the USB wire on the wireless adapter into the USB port on your computer. Windows 7 will pick up the new hardware automatically and then attempt to search for drivers. Windows 7 will have generic wireless adapter drivers that it can use, but it is best
    to use driver specifically designed for the adapter.

Run Windows Update by clicking on "Start" and then "Windows Update" in your program directory. The updater program will come up as a pop-up menu, Click on the "Optional Update" tab and then click on the check box next to the updated drivers for the wireless
    adapter. Click on "Install updates" to install the updated drivers.

Restart the computer when done. Unplug the Ethernet cable once the computer has restarted.

Read more: How to Use an Xbox 360 Wireless Adapter on a PC | eHow.com
    www.ehow.com/how_7696512_use-360-wireless-adapter-pc.html
  8. Internet Expert Win User

can i use the kit load and play xbox 360 on pc to play?

If you are talking about the USB adapter cord that comes with the Xbox 360 Play & Charge Kit, and if you can plug it into your computer for play, then no, it is not possible.

The USB adapter cord that comes with the Play & Charge kit is only designed for charging the battery. In order to use a wireless Xbox 360 controller on the PC for play, you must get the Xbox 360 USB wireless gaming receiver.
  9. GiorgioCavicchioli Win User

Xbox One controller disconnecting 2sec after connecting

To clarify, are you using the same set of batteries in both controllers? Have you tried using a fresh set of AA batteries and also tried moving the wireless adapter to a different USB port on the computer?
    Sorry, switching to AA batteries did not fix it.

Having to restart the computer every time I go to the bathroom is very annoying. Any further help?
Thema:

1. Must unplug and reconnect Xbox One Wireless USB adapter every time computer restarts - Similar Threads - Must unplug reconnect

2. I need a PSU for a xbox 360. Mine has a square peg in the middle that must be accommodated....

in XBoX on Consoles
    I need a PSU for a xbox 360. Mine has a square peg in the middle that must be accommodated....: Xbox 360 2006 model takes a different kind of PSU than all those after 2006. Mine has a square peg in the middle that must be accommodated. Where can I find a PSU for it? MFG data 2006 - 10 - 18....
  3. I want to rate a game that I played but it says “you must own this product before rating.”.

in XboX Insiders
    I want to rate a game that I played but it says “you must own this product before rating.”.: thats because theepicgamer464 bought it, and they are accounts on the same console but I want to rate, Xbox please add you can rate that you played. pls! Plz! Plsz! Plzs! submitted by...
  4. We must fight to join our brothers

in XboX Insiders
    We must fight to join our brothers: must petition to join the war (helldivers II) https://chng.it/BjZ4frTMZK submitted by /u/Icy-March-9517 [link] [comments]
  5. Why must play game from internal instead of external

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why must play game from internal instead of external: I was really getting annoyed by the fact that I had to move my games back and forth for no reason intill I called and got the answer that you have to play from internal not external which is a...
  6. message " you must be online to enter my career" even though I'm online

in XBoX Games and Apps
    message " you must be online to enter my career" even though I'm online: Hello I have purchased nba 2k24 and I'm getting the message " you must be online to enter MYCareer" even though I'm online and play other games online. 3efece81-367d-46de-8dc5-461d4bfd153e
  7. Can't access to my live account it says the was a problem I must try later

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't access to my live account it says the was a problem I must try later: What is the problem I can't access to my Xbox 360 live MOVED FROM Bing / Other b81f3f0a-e003-4eae-a783-b18c93b80a86
  8. "You must be signed in to a gamer profile with multiplayer privileges to play online"

in XBoX Games and Apps
    "You must be signed in to a gamer profile with multiplayer privileges to play online": When I try to play L4D2 on my Xbox Series X it says "You must be signed in to a gamer profile with multiplayer privileges to play online" despite the fact that I am on an adult account that allows...
  9. Why can’t I play left 4 dead 2 ? It keeps saying “ you must be signed in to a gamer profile...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can’t I play left 4 dead 2 ? It keeps saying “ you must be signed in to a gamer profile...: I’ve done power cycle my Xbox one , redownloaded my profile. It’s done this before but I didn’t even know how to fix it then , it just started working again after I gave up . If anyone knows...
  10. Microsoft MUST STOP policy regarding 'unauthorized' controllers

in XboX Insiders
    Microsoft MUST STOP policy regarding 'unauthorized' controllers: New policy regarding 'unauthorized' controllers could kill a huge number of honest devices. Especially the fighting game community, many of whom play on their custom and expensive devices (which...