Multiple Xbox Series X Problems - Looking to Crowdsource Answers

Discus and support Multiple Xbox Series X Problems - Looking to Crowdsource Answers in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I tried reporting these and posted on the Insider Forum on Reddit, but the thread was deleted as they are "general issues." Here are a few things I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by RobPT45, Dec 19, 2020.

1. RobPT45
    RobPT45 Guest

I tried reporting these and posted on the Insider Forum on Reddit, but the thread was deleted as they are "general issues."

Here are a few things I noticed after switching over from an Xbox One X (X1X). My XSX is connected to an LG C9 (as was the X1).

1. Smart Delivery - I had Ori and the Will of the Wisps downloaded on an external (USB) hard drive from my X1X. When I plugged the external drive into my XSX it (along with many other games)
      immediately updated. I assumed this was the update for the "Series X Optimization." After the update, I moved the game to the internal drive and booted it up to experience some 4k/120hz action and was met with an in-game message stating that "120hz was not
      supported on my device." I had to uninstall the game and redownload it directly to the internal drive to get 4K/120 to work. Bottom line, legacy versions of games that were optimized for Series S/X have to be redownloaded directly to the internal drive. You
      can't transfer from external drives and get the optimization unless the game was originally downloaded directly to the internal drive. After the fact, I guess this makes sense, but I'm guessing there are going to be some confused gamers.
    2. "Allow 4K" Option - On the X1X, I had my resolution set 1080p and had the "Allow 4K" option selected in the Video Settings. This way, 1080p content would not be upconverted to 4K, while 4K would display
      appropriately. This doesn't appear to be working on the XSX. With the XSX set to 1080p and "Allow 4K" selected, both Ori and The Touryst (two XSX optimized games that support 4K) were only displayed at 1080p. Only when I changed the console resolution from
      1080p to 4K UHD did I get 4K in either game.
    3. VRR, ALLM, and Streaming Video Apps - On the X1X, if you had VRR and ALLM selected in the settings, the X1X forced all video streaming apps into ALLM/IGR (not just games). When VRR was off and only ALLM was selected,
      IGR worked correctly and only engaged during gaming content. I did a detailed write-up on this here. Unfortunately, this was
      not fixed with the XSX. I will continue to use the C9s built-in apps for all my streaming (Netflix, Prime, etc.)
    4. Auto HDR - On some games, Auto HDR appears to be engaging where it shouldn't. One example is Tetris Effect Connected. This game supports HDR, but it is turned "off" in the game setting by default. Thus, when you boot the
      game the first time, you are met with XSX generated Auto HDR that is retina-torching bright. If you go into the game settings and set HDR to "On," it will change to the proper, developer-intended HDR. Why would Auto HDR engage on a game that supports HDR?

:)

RobPT45, Dec 19, 2020
  2. violetOvercast Win User

Can't play goat simulator 3???

THAT LITERALLY SAYS XBOX SERIES X AND IT SAYS SERIES X MULTIPLE TIMES IN THE QUESTION WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT
  3. JosephG7 Win User
  4. FungalMirror3 Win User

Multiple Xbox Series X Problems:

I have been experiencing the same issue since about last week with no fix other than the temporary bandaid of fully unplugging the console and reconnecting every time the issue presents itself. This appears to be a bug with the xbox UI and it would be extremely helpful and reassuring to have acknowledgement of this on Microsoft's end - consumer end fixes are not sufficient to prevent this issue from reoccurring.
  5. Francia J. Win User

Multiple Xbox Series X Problems:

Hi, I hope you're doing great despite the issue you're experiencing. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

We may need to perform troubleshooting first to fix the issue but if nothing works, that's the time that we may consider getting it checked.

To fix this, please perform a power cycle on your console by following the steps below:

POWERCYCLE CONSOLE​​​

​​​

1. Turn off your console by holding the Xbox button on the front of the console for approximately 10 seconds. The console will turn off. ​​​

2. Turn your console back on by pressing the Xbox button on the console or the Xbox button on your controller. ​​​

If that didn't work resetting the console keeping games and apps will be the next option. Don't worry because as long as you're connected to Xbox Live your saved progress, games, will not be deleted. It will remove all of your accounts but you can add all of them later on.

Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

Select Profile & system > Settings > System > Console info.

Select Reset console.

Reset and keep my games & apps.
  6. Gobi Todic Win User

Does the Xbox Series X have different broadband requirements than the Xbox One?

Thema:

1. Multiple Xbox Series X Problems - Looking to Crowdsource Answers - Similar Threads - Multiple Series Problems

2. Multiple Issues with Xbox Series X

in XboX Insiders
    Multiple Issues with Xbox Series X: Hi! A couple of days ago my Xbox Series X was randomly disconnecting my controller even with it plugged into the console. Today it's gotten to the point where the Xbox will turn off around 30...
  3. Multiple controllers on Xbox series x

in XBoX on Consoles
    Multiple controllers on Xbox series x: Hey, I wanted to know if it is possible to connect 1 series x controller and 3 Xbox 1 controllers to an Xbox series X. I was hoping to play Minecraft with 4 people on the same screen so would it...
  4. Xbox Series X White Login Screen Multiple Accounts

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X White Login Screen Multiple Accounts: We just got a series x. We added two accounts. Once the system "sleeps" and we start it back up, when we go to login, we get a white screen. It almost looks like the browser is trying to login you...
  5. Series x isn't recognizing right joystick for multiple controllers

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series x isn't recognizing right joystick for multiple controllers: I was playing MW3 and my right joystick stopped working. I checked for update, un-synced and re-synced and power cycled both my controller and Xbox to no avail. I also reset my Series X. I tried...
  6. Configuring Multiple Controllers on the Xbox Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Configuring Multiple Controllers on the Xbox Series X: What is the correct way/strategy to configure multiple controllers on the Xbox Series X? I've connected 4 controllers and they all work but they work as one. When I play a multiplayer game...
  7. Series x isn't recognizing RS for multiple controllers

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series x isn't recognizing RS for multiple controllers: Did multiple power-cycles, just completed a reset as well as power-cycling the controllers as well. Nothing has worked, and they stopped working mid-online match....
  8. My Xbox Series X now requires multiple restarts to recognise the wired connection directly...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox Series X now requires multiple restarts to recognise the wired connection directly...: Hi everyone, Over the last 2 weeks or so my Series X has stopped automatically connecting to my wired ethernet connection upon startup. It requires multiple restarts and full power cycles of...
  9. Multiple headsets on one console(Xbox series x)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Multiple headsets on one console(Xbox series x): Say I’m player one. Is there any way to get player two’s mic audio through my headset? I have a good noise canceling headset and can’t hear my wife when we play together. It’s really annoying....
  10. Getting kicked straight to dashboard with online games, happening on multiple Xbox Series X...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Getting kicked straight to dashboard with online games, happening on multiple Xbox Series X...: Hello, On Xbox Series X I am getting kicked from online games (disc and digital) back to the Xbox dashboard, after 5 to 30 minutes of playing. No disconnect messages or error codes, straight to...