Multiple Xbox controllers have stopped working with Series X

Discus and support Multiple Xbox controllers have stopped working with Series X in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have an Xbox Series X and two controllers. One is a standard black controller and the other is the new Stellar Shift controller. They both worked... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Weyman King, Feb 16, 2023.

1. Weyman King
    Weyman King Guest

I have an Xbox Series X and two controllers. One is a standard black controller and the other is the new Stellar Shift controller. They both worked fine yesterday. Now, neither will turn on and stay on and/or work while connected with a USB-C cable. The controllers will turn the Xbox on both wirelessly and while connected via USB-C, but then the controllers immediately turn off as indicated by the light in the Xbox button slowly fading out. If I turn the Xbox on and then connect them via USB-C, the controllers vibrate to indicate a connection, but then neither controller will stay on when the Xbox button is pressed. The light flashes a few times, stabilizes for just a second indicating a connection made with the Xbox, then the light fades out. There’s is a never a point where I can do anything with the controller on screen. I’m assuming since both controllers are having the same issue that there is an issue within the Xbox?

:)

Weyman King, Feb 16, 2023
  2. John P_14 Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching out. I hope you’re doing well. I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user like you and I'll be happy to help you.

Kindly try clearing your console's cache by following the steps below and see if it helps;

1. Turn off your console by pressing the Xbox button on the front of the console for about 10 seconds, until it shuts down completely.

2. Unplug the console's power cable. Wait 10 seconds.

Important Be sure to wait at least 10 seconds. This step resets the power supply.

3. Plug the console power cable back in.

4. Press the Xbox button on your console to turn it on.
  3. Weyman King Win User

This worked! Thank you so much 😊
  4. Michael Paillé Win User

Controller suddenly stopped working. Lights up when plugged in, tried multiple cables. Does not show up under device manager.

My controller stop working too series x , factory controller . Last night working and today my samsung tv remote control my xbox and the xbox controller no longuer view by the xbox , i use another controller from my other xbox seris s , and this controller work but not the one work last night , i try the little button to match xbox with but nothing , the controller do no longuer view on my xbox series x , can control de series s but can't be view or connect to the series x anymore
  5. DestinJones Win User

Issue with new Arctis 9x and xbox keyboard

The keyboard itself plugs into my controller and the usb, I have plugged into the usb port on the front of my xbox series x. When using the keyboard, the keyboard works but the mic stops working.
  6. PH1 HUNG Win User

Turtle Beach Audio Controller not working with Series X Controller

Is anyone's Turtle Beach adapter working now? My adapter stopped working with my Elite controller and my standard Series X controller. I'm pretty concerned.
Thema:

1. Multiple Xbox controllers have stopped working with Series X - Similar Threads - Multiple controllers stopped

2. How do I connect multiple Xbox controllers to my PC's xbox app and stream the gameplay?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I connect multiple Xbox controllers to my PC's xbox app and stream the gameplay?: How do I connect multiple Xbox controllers to my PC's xbox app and stream the gameplay? Ive been able to seamlessly play on my xbox by streaming in to my laptop through the xbox companion app, and...
  3. Multiple Xbox Controllers on Win 10 machine, select Player 1

in XBoX on Consoles
    Multiple Xbox Controllers on Win 10 machine, select Player 1: Hello, I have 4 xbox controllers plugged in on my Win 10 machine, every time the PC resets different controller is set up as player 1/default controller, its like the ID's of the controllers...
  4. Multiple controllers on Xbox series x

in XBoX on Consoles
    Multiple controllers on Xbox series x: Hey, I wanted to know if it is possible to connect 1 series x controller and 3 Xbox 1 controllers to an Xbox series X. I was hoping to play Minecraft with 4 people on the same screen so would it...
  5. Series x isn't recognizing right joystick for multiple controllers

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series x isn't recognizing right joystick for multiple controllers: I was playing MW3 and my right joystick stopped working. I checked for update, un-synced and re-synced and power cycled both my controller and Xbox to no avail. I also reset my Series X. I tried...
  6. Configuring Multiple Controllers on the Xbox Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Configuring Multiple Controllers on the Xbox Series X: What is the correct way/strategy to configure multiple controllers on the Xbox Series X? I've connected 4 controllers and they all work but they work as one. When I play a multiplayer game...
  7. Series x isn't recognizing RS for multiple controllers

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series x isn't recognizing RS for multiple controllers: Did multiple power-cycles, just completed a reset as well as power-cycling the controllers as well. Nothing has worked, and they stopped working mid-online match....
  8. I need help with my controls. It's not my cintroler because I have uses multiple but when I...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I need help with my controls. It's not my cintroler because I have uses multiple but when I...: I don't know what is going on but when I am playing games and use my joystick (either right or left) to lool around, it will continue turning my player that way even if I have stopped using the...
  9. Media Remote Controlling multiple consoles

in XboX Insiders
    Media Remote Controlling multiple consoles: Is there an investigation happen to solve media remote controlling two xboxes in the same room? Is it possible to deactivate the ir receiver on one console? submitted by /u/sl1kr1ky [link]...
  10. Controller suddenly stopped working. Lights up when plugged in, tried multiple cables. Does...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Controller suddenly stopped working. Lights up when plugged in, tried multiple cables. Does...: Hello, recently I purchased an xbox elite series 2 controller for use with my pc, it was working well for a while, until suddenly it stopped. When I plug the controller in, it vibrates and the...