Multiplayer not working even when settings are correct on privacy.

Discus and support Multiplayer not working even when settings are correct on privacy. in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; I have followed all the layed out instructions. Going through Xbox privacy settings, family settings, trouble shooting, and seeing my NAT Type as open... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by emily martinez1, Mar 2, 2023.

1. Multiplayer not working even when settings are correct on privacy.

I have followed all the layed out instructions. Going through Xbox privacy settings, family settings, trouble shooting, and seeing my NAT Type as open making sure no error codes pop up. I cannot play multiplayer on minecraft as the notification pops up for online privacy even after all settings have been changed. How can I fix this.

:)

emily martinez1, Mar 2, 2023
  2. Francia J. Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

I would like to clarify, are you on Xbox console? Because if your settings are setup correctly it may mean that you don’t have an active Xbox Live Gold subscription which is required to play a paid online multiplayer game such as Minecraft.

To check, please follow the steps below:

Press the Xbox button on your controller to open the guide, and then select System > Settings > Account > Subscriptions.
  3. Kathy A. Win User

Multiplayer not working even when all settings are correct

Good day!

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume that your issue has already been resolved. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com)

[​IMG]

Thank you for your understanding.

Respectfully,

Microsoft Moderator
  4. Kathy A. Win User

Multiplayer not working even when all settings are correct

Hello Jordan camacho,

Welcome to Xbox Community Forum. Thank you for sharing your concern with us today and we hope that all is well.

We understand that you are trying to join your friends playing Minecraft Realms and is unable to because multiplayer is not allowed. Let us check on this together and sort this out in timely manner.

Based on your description, you are seeing multiplayer as not enabled, we have here steps from support article that you may check on how to get started with multiplayer. Support article: How do multiplayer games and communication work for cross-network play? | Xbox Support

Aside from that account privacy settings, which you mention that it is already been set to allow. You may need to check your Xbox Network and ensure you have Open NAT Type and no error message or code. Please follow the steps below to check unto your Xbox Network:

• For Windows 10:
      • PC Settings > Gaming > Xbox Network and check the NAT Type.
      • Look for NAT Type and error message/code.
      • Please reply with any error message/code you notice.
    • For Windows 11: Install Xbox Console Companion app from Microsoft Store (click here)
      • Launch Xbox Console Companion app.
      • Go to Settings and select Network tab.
    • For Console:
      • Kindly go to Xbox Console's Settings.
      • Select Network and Network Settings.
    After that, you may check the steps on how to resolve any Xbox Network issues. Just a reminder, this Xbox Network issue is closely related to your ISP set up and contacting them or asking for their assistance will greatly help you with your set up.

Please see the support articles that discuss settings and issue about Xbox Network:
    Troubleshoot NAT errors and multiplayer game issues | Xbox Support

(The later part of this support article is for Xbox Console troubleshooting but the definition of the NAT Type can be found on this topic.)

Troubleshoot network connection errors | Xbox Support

(This has both Xbox Console and PC troubleshooting; you may skip the Console part.)

Troubleshoot multiplayer connection errors | Xbox Support

Tip: You must have a NAT Type of Open or Moderate (making sure one of your friends is Open NAT) and have no issues with network.

Lastly, please let us know if you happen to see any error message or code with your set up.

We look forward to your response.

Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  5. damoparker Win User

blocked multiplayer

Yes i can save all of my settings on my xbox i can block them and allow them and everyone save even the multiplayer one but on xbox.com the multiplayer one stays always on block don't know whats wrong with it because when i sign in on another xbox one
    it works and Xbox.com privacy settings still says block as well but works anther console
  6. MateusFontana Win User

Halo Infinite won't let me play multiplayer. " Multiplayer access required"

Even changing the system Microsoft still understands that you can be a child.

As I said, it would be necessary to follow the instructions provided above for you to be able to play multiplayer games, because for security reasons only authorized adults or children can access the privacy settings page.

By following the instructions I provided above you would be able to access your privacy settings, if not, it would be necessary to create a new account with the correct birth date so that the system understands that you are an adult, even if you are already.
Thema:

1. Multiplayer not working even when settings are correct on privacy. - Similar Threads - Multiplayer working settings

2. I can't get multiplayer to work with Xbox core subscription, keeps saying I need ultimate?

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can't get multiplayer to work with Xbox core subscription, keeps saying I need ultimate?: I can't get multiplayer to work with Xbox core subscription, keeps saying I need ultimate? 3b1ddad5-be63-48eb-b4de-cbff6a7a5011
  3. Why isn't palworld multiplayer not working

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why isn't palworld multiplayer not working: Every time I try to switch to multiplayer it switches to off 0ee19075-e2df-4dd4-b4ed-37d37edc584f
  4. Minecraft Multiplayer is greyed out, tried several solutions to make this work, but nothing...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft Multiplayer is greyed out, tried several solutions to make this work, but nothing...: I have been trying for a while to access Minecraft Multiplayer but it is greyed out, saying I need to change my Microsoft account settings, and I have tried changing my family role to organiser,...
  5. Can't click on multiplayer in Minecraft java edition, but multiplayer works on Windows version.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't click on multiplayer in Minecraft java edition, but multiplayer works on Windows version.: I bought Minecraft today and wanted to play with friends but i cant click on multiplayer to join their world on Java. Or any other server/world. Then i went to the site, left my family group...
  6. how do I fix my minecraft realms and multiplayer as they don't work

in XBoX Games and Apps
    how do I fix my minecraft realms and multiplayer as they don't work: I am unable to select multiplayer and Minecraft realms. My age on Microsoft accounts is above 18 and there is no one else connected. I have tried blocking and re-allowing permissions. nothing...
  7. I changed my microsoft account settings but minecraft multiplayer still doesnt work

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I changed my microsoft account settings but minecraft multiplayer still doesnt work: I can't play minecraft multiplayer even after enabling my microsoft account settings. I can't find the NAT settings in my xbox app, so i don't know if there is any error messages. I downloaded the...
  8. Minecraft multiplayer is not working despite all settings being set as they should.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft multiplayer is not working despite all settings being set as they should.: My brother has been trying to get onto minecraft java on multiplayer for a few months. His settings are all correct according to the forum. He has been on microsoft family as a member, where our...
  9. Xbox family app Minecraft multiplayer settings not working.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox family app Minecraft multiplayer settings not working.: I selected yes for allowing multiplayer on Minecraft for my kid on both the website and app in his account within the family, but when opening the game on pc he purchased (Minecraft Java) the...
  10. I changed my microsoft account settings but minecraft multiplayer still doesnt work

in XBoX Accessibility
    I changed my microsoft account settings but minecraft multiplayer still doesnt work: I can't play minecraft multiplayer even after enabling my microsoft account settings. I'm 14 and i do have a family group. My dad enabled everything in the microsoft account settings but still...