Multiplayer Across Platforms - Family Account, help Needed

Discus and support Multiplayer Across Platforms - Family Account, help Needed in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I am looking for help. For starters, I have contacted the support team with Microsoft, and was not able to resolve. Here's my question: My son has an... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Matthew Phillips1, Nov 27, 2022.

1. Multiplayer Across Platforms - Family Account, help Needed

I am looking for help. For starters, I have contacted the support team with Microsoft, and was not able to resolve. Here's my question:

My son has an IPad 7, and, on this IPad 7, he has minecraft which I purchased from the app store. I then, on my windows PC, purchased Minecraft, the Bedrock edition, and, have this installed as well. I created a Microsoft live account for him, and a gamer tag, and, added him to my family on microsoft live account, with all of the appropriate parental settings.

What I am trying to do is play Minecraft with him, with him signed into his live account on the iPad, and, me (dad) signed into my account on the PC (Windows 11). When I sign him into his live account on the iPad, he does not have access to the worlds that I do. nor, is there a multiplayer option for him.

Does anyone know how to resolve this? Is there a parental setting that I need to change so that he can join a multiplayer game with me?

Thanks for any help offered!

:)

Matthew Phillips1, Nov 27, 2022
  2. Georges C. Win User

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello Matthew, an important thing, I see in your description that says you added him to the family so they can share the game, is that it?

If that's the case, it won't be possible because the game isn't shareable even if you put the account in a family.

Minecraft has a license for each platform, in case if your child plays on the iPad he has to have the iPad version and play from his account, and if you play Windows will have to buy the Windows version and play from your account.
  3. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

I can't go on servers

Hi Memeboi2022! My name is Ricardo an independent advisor ready to help you with this situation!

All Minecraft bedrock editions, on any platform, runs trough Xbox servers, that's what allows the game to be able to join users across all platforms, for it you need a Microsoft/Xbox account and set the privacy settings of that account

Child's account cant view their privacy settings an adult is required to add him to a Microsoft family here

https://account.microsoft.com/family/

After the adult account creates the family and adds the minor's account to his family In order for you to be able to play multiplayer, you must change the privacy settings of your account. It can be done here

https://account.xbox.com/settings
  4. voteDC Win User

Promoting?

I still do.

The assets you get are shared across platforms, so I'm promoting to get to the point where I don't need to play the multiplayer any longer.
  5. Arielle251 Win User

Minecraft Cross-Play

For Cross-Platform access, you will need to do the following:

Xbox One: You will need to make sure that you are set up and signed in on the console. Then go to Settings
    > Account > Family Settings > Manage family members. Select your account, and then Privacy and Online Safety > Xbox Live Privacy > View
    details and customize > Communication and multiplayer. Under You can play with people outside Xbox Live,
    change "Block" to "Allow". This will allow any game with cross-play – Minecraft, Fortnite and the like – to connect you to others on a non-Xbox platform.
  6. KilRoY1166 Win User

Came back to xbox after 3 years to find im banned

I don't know why you have problems to reach phone support. You can find in the page I will attach below on the bottom a tile with "still need help" and "contact us". Click on it and use "family and security problem" and than " I have the account suspended"
    and the call back or the phone number of xbox support will come up

https://beta.support.xbox.com/help/...-works-across-different-platforms-and-devices

Hope you'll find the info to restore your reputation on Xbox live
Thema:

1. Multiplayer Across Platforms - Family Account, help Needed - Similar Threads - Multiplayer Across Platforms

2. Multiplayer Function in Minecraft on PC

in XBoX on Windows
    Multiplayer Function in Minecraft on PC: I want to buy Minecraft on my PC to play online with my friends but I don't know if the Multiplayer function on PC is free or costs extra money. Also, I already own Minecraft Bedrock Edition on my...
  3. Minecraft multiplayer on my account

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Minecraft multiplayer on my account: Hi there, I would REALLY appreciate some help resolving this, my sons are getting very frustrated with my complete lack of knowledge in this area! Baysically, they have different computers, one...
  4. Star Trek Armada 2 on windows 11. Home network multiplayer setup start to finish. I need a...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Star Trek Armada 2 on windows 11. Home network multiplayer setup start to finish. I need a...: Operating System: Windows 11. I got the CD but I need someone to help me set up my network so I can play multiplayer on home network with an identical cpu and game. Someone knowledgeable in the...
  5. Can't play multiplayer games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't play multiplayer games: Why can't I play multiplayer games on my series s ? I can play single player games tho. Ive reset my console and reinstalled, I've tried everything online which was suggested and even reset my...
  6. Halo wars DE on Xbox one not connecting to multiplayer. Uninstalled the game and it still...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Halo wars DE on Xbox one not connecting to multiplayer. Uninstalled the game and it still...: Halo wars DE on Xbox one not connecting to multiplayer. Uninstalled the game and it still won’t connect any advise. 36b00320-79cb-4163-953b-3c7b1e9394a0
  7. Space Engineers multiplayer session on xCloud causes game to crush - Asking for help.

in XboX Insiders
    Space Engineers multiplayer session on xCloud causes game to crush - Asking for help.: Hello, I am experiencing a problem running the Space Engineers game on xCloud under certain conditions. Currently, the issue arises only when I am joining a multiplayer session hosted by a...
  8. I am getting an error code Dev error 12502 I cannot play multiplayer game off-line. It will...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I am getting an error code Dev error 12502 I cannot play multiplayer game off-line. It will...: After season three download, I cannot play multiplayer off-line. I keep on getting the air I can play. Campaign game off-line. I cannot get this issue resolved. ce617d6b-1b50-4280-895e-816e235cad4b
  9. Why is my xbox multiplayer not working while on my hotspot.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my xbox multiplayer not working while on my hotspot.: I am currently using my phones hotspot to play a game of cod, it has worked before but for some reason the nat type is stopping me from being able to play. IPv4 NAT Type: Strict UPnP not...
  10. Halo Infinity local multiplayer set up questions

in XBoX on Consoles
    Halo Infinity local multiplayer set up questions: I have Game Pass for my Xbox One and my friend has a game pass for Xbox series X we can both play multiplayer on separate TVs as we have separate devices. I know that Halo multiplayer is free even...