Multi profile?

Discus and support Multi profile? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I was wondering how do I set profiles for my children. I am the one profile on our xbox one. Thanks 2985e028-eaed-4cc8-9777-49a0446aaed5 Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by SquareChicken18, Jan 2, 2014.

1. Multi profile?

I was wondering how do I set profiles for my children. I am the one profile on our xbox one.

Thanks

:)

SquareChicken18, Jan 2, 2014
  2. Multi kids/multi accounts?

We have one account /xbox gold membership. My younger son now wants his own account/sign in. Do I need to purchase a second xbox gold account? Also, can they both log in and play against each other? Anyone know?

SkillfulCat82, Jan 2, 2014
  3. maxen
    maxen Guest
    Multi kids/multi accounts?

For Xbox 360, if you want the second son to be able to play online, you would need a second Gold subscription.

If they just want to play against each other locally, they would need a game which supports local multiplayer (it will say this on the back of the box), but here they would not need a Gold subscription.

If the second son just wants an account, he can have that without needing Gold - he could just have an online account. He would only need Gold if he wants to use it to play online multiplayer, or intends to use it to access Netflix or other Apps.

maxen, Jan 2, 2014
  4. Stoyvensen
    Stoyvensen Guest

Multi profile?

On your Xbox one, go to the sign in screen, click add new. Use a child e-mail(if you dont' have one, create one. Every Xbox account has to have an e-mail associated with it.) then go through the process of setting it up. If they are under a certain age you
    will have to prove that you are an adult and you will have total control of their accounts. You may be charged 50 cents on your credit card as proof that you are the adult.

Stoyvensen, Jan 2, 2014
  5. Thanks for your help. We are signed in with my email. We clicked new and entered my son's email and this is what we got when we tried to verify:

Incorrect email address

The Microsoft account that you signed in with is not the email address that needs verification. To verify the correct email address, follow the instructions in your verification email message, and then sign in with the email address referenced in that message.

SquareChicken18, Jan 2, 2014
  6. Stoyvensen
    Stoyvensen Guest
    Ok so, just try it from the website. Go to the top of the screen and where your profile is signed in. Click it and sign out. Click back on sign in and and the log in page there is a Link at the bottom that says Don't have a Microsoft account? Sign up now.
    Use this to set your kids up with a profile. After that it will require verification from the parent account. Sign in with the parent account when it asks for it and follow the steps to take control of those accounts.....after all that. Go to your xbox one.
    Add new and then add their e-mails in and download their profiles tot he xbox. If you want to make changes to their content controls(parental controls) then you'll have to sign into your profile on the xbox one. Go to settings<Scroll Right and the family profiles
    will be there for you to alter.

Stoyvensen, Jan 2, 2014
  7. Stoyvensen
    Stoyvensen Guest
    Also if you were able to create an account. It will want you to have that e-mail verified. So you'll need to check that e-mail and click the verification link.

Stoyvensen, Oct 31, 2018
  8. Stoyvensen Win User

Multi profile?

Also if you were able to create an account. It will want you to have that e-mail verified. So you'll need to check that e-mail and click the verification link.
  9. Stoyvensen Win User

Multi profile?

Ok so, just try it from the website. Go to the top of the screen and where your profile is signed in. Click it and sign out. Click back on sign in and and the log in page there is a Link at the bottom that says Don't have a Microsoft account? Sign up now.
    Use this to set your kids up with a profile. After that it will require verification from the parent account. Sign in with the parent account when it asks for it and follow the steps to take control of those accounts.....after all that. Go to your xbox one.
    Add new and then add their e-mails in and download their profiles tot he xbox. If you want to make changes to their content controls(parental controls) then you'll have to sign into your profile on the xbox one. Go to settings<Scroll Right and the family profiles
    will be there for you to alter.
  10. Stoyvensen Win User

Multi profile?

On your Xbox one, go to the sign in screen, click add new. Use a child e-mail(if you dont' have one, create one. Every Xbox account has to have an e-mail associated with it.) then go through the process of setting it up. If they are under a certain age you
    will have to prove that you are an adult and you will have total control of their accounts. You may be charged 50 cents on your credit card as proof that you are the adult.
  11. SquareChicken18 Win User

Multi profile?

Thanks for your help. We are signed in with my email. We clicked new and entered my son's email and this is what we got when we tried to verify:

Incorrect email address

The Microsoft account that you signed in with is not the email address that needs verification. To verify the correct email address, follow the instructions in your verification email message, and then sign in with the email address referenced in that message.
  12. Widget1979 Win User

xbox profile badge ????

That would be great, interchangable badges, or multi badges on profile would be awesome
Thema:

Multi profile?

1. Multi profile? - Similar Threads - Multi profile

2. The rumors about Xbox first party games going multi platform

in XboX Insiders
    The rumors about Xbox first party games going multi platform: I'm sure everyone has heard the rumors about Xbox first party games going multi platform I just wanted to give my opinion and feedback on what I think Microsoft should do with their first party...
  3. Why does my Xbox Series X keep crashing when trying to run online multi-player games?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox Series X keep crashing when trying to run online multi-player games?: When running certain games over the past year (MW3, Forza Horizon, MLB the Show), my Xbox keep closing the game application and return me to the home screen. Most times, this causes me to lose the...
  4. Do you still receive bonus multi bucks after purchasing higher paid bundles in The Finals?...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Do you still receive bonus multi bucks after purchasing higher paid bundles in The Finals?...: Do you still receive bonus multi-bucks when you buy a higher bundle than the cheapest option? The game I'm referring to is The Finals. I just want to be sure, I was going to buy a larger bundle...
  5. Multi Player ?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Multi Player ?: Hi I’m new to Xbox (annd gaming in general) and just purchased an Xbox Series X with 2 controllers. I would like to play racing games with 2 players (in person) with 2 controllers (not online)....
  6. Multi player is not working with game share.. I can download the games of game pass but...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Multi player is not working with game share.. I can download the games of game pass but...: Multilayer not working with ganeshare.. I can get games just no live multiplayer?????. 9d51568e-d483-430a-9adb-82d456637708
  7. Why can’t my wife and I play multi player on snowrunner without paying extra?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can’t my wife and I play multi player on snowrunner without paying extra?: Wife and I bought Snowrunner because it’s multiplayer and seemed fun. Hit co-op and you need Live?! We’re using the same Xbox. Why can’t we play the game we bought together without paying extra?...
  8. I can't go on to multi plear on minecraft

in XBoX on Windows
    I can't go on to multi plear on minecraft: Why can I not go on multi plear on minecraft?? 63e6a667-5cd5-48bf-871c-d2b41ed1a0b9
  9. The link to wear I can activate multi player settings

in XBoX Games and Apps
    The link to wear I can activate multi player settings: I can't play with this account online multiplayer games 01924916-c6e2-4fd3-a865-c507c56e5c9a
  10. My xbox one console says error code 1 when I try to play multi-player on BATTLEFIELD 1...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My xbox one console says error code 1 when I try to play multi-player on BATTLEFIELD 1...: My xbox one console says error code 1 when I try to play multi-player on BATTLEFIELD 1 REVOLUTION 8edb1cb2-e563-416f-a59d-58af67705a1b