Multi-channel HDMI our from Xbox broken since 2021

Discus and support Multi-channel HDMI our from Xbox broken since 2021 in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hi Xbox team, I'm following up on a thread which seems to have died in the last 2 years:... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by sagggas, Mar 13, 2023.

1. sagggas
    sagggas Guest

Hi Xbox team,

I'm following up on a thread which seems to have died in the last 2 years:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...d/74f8c26f-5b83-47f2-835c-8c760a443ecb?page=5

'Xbox John' was working with me on updates, but he hasn't responded in about a year and I'd like an update. Hoping a new thread will get this looked at again. Please review the old post and let me know.

Thanks!

:)

sagggas, Mar 13, 2023
  2. grolschie Win User

Incompetent Customer Service - Dolby Digital via HDMI

[quote user="IceStorm III"]

... Far as audio is concerned, HDMI on the 360 supports two channel LPCM and Dolby Digital 5.1. It isn't limited to a two-channel output. There are several other lossless multi channel formats that have been added to the HDMI standard over the years. Those do
    not work with the 360. ...

[/quote]

So is it a matter of console settings to get DD5.1 via HDMI on the Xbox?
  3. ArminatorX Win User

Bose Bose VR 35: Bose Soundbar 500 Setup For Xbox Surround Sound

Depending on your TV, the Audio Return Channel might not support surround sound from other inputs, like the other HDMI input from your Xbox. Most TVs only send multi-channel audio via ARC if the sound is produced in the TV's tuner, like Live TV, or attached
    media drives.

Since the Bose Soundbar seemingly supports optical TOSLINK, your best option would be to add an optical cable between your Soundbar, and the optical output of your Xbox console.
  4. Sal O Win User

Onkyo Surround Sound Issue

Enable Surround Sound in TV & One Guide Troubleshooting if you want multi-channel. Too bad this isn't set by default because most will assume that the audio is broken.
  5. abalgir Win User

Cracking sounds when HDMI is set to Bitstream OUT

Thanks GZA, when set to uncompressed 5.1, the only setting that can be done on the Denon is multi-channel, multi-channel stereo, Stereo, mono movie, virtual, Direct, Direct Pure. if i set the hdmi output to stereo uncompressed, i get the choices of PL II,
    NEO,THX Movie ...

never tried though the direct or direct pure, i do not know if these are good for movie.
  6. KSPslice Win User

Sound output

You should select MULTI CH IN as your surround sound mode on the Denon. This will provide surround sound, if you choose either 5.1 or 7.1 uncompressed audio on the Xbox One. This is the option that is available because is it an uncompressed PCM multi-channel
    source that is coming into the AVR. Just make sure you don't have STEREO selected as your mode on the Denon. This should provide higher quality sound than DTS as it is uncompressed.

This is if you use HDMI for your audio. If you use an optical cable then your only options are stereo uncompressed and DTS Digital Sound. Then your only option is to use DTS for surround sound. It sounds like you are using HDMI as your receiver is giving
    you the option of multi-channel sound.
Thema:

1. Multi-channel HDMI our from Xbox broken since 2021 - Similar Threads - Multi channel HDMI

2. The rumors about Xbox first party games going multi platform

in XboX Insiders
    The rumors about Xbox first party games going multi platform: I'm sure everyone has heard the rumors about Xbox first party games going multi platform I just wanted to give my opinion and feedback on what I think Microsoft should do with their first party...
  3. Why does my Xbox Series X keep crashing when trying to run online multi-player games?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox Series X keep crashing when trying to run online multi-player games?: When running certain games over the past year (MW3, Forza Horizon, MLB the Show), my Xbox keep closing the game application and return me to the home screen. Most times, this causes me to lose the...
  4. Do you still receive bonus multi bucks after purchasing higher paid bundles in The Finals?...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Do you still receive bonus multi bucks after purchasing higher paid bundles in The Finals?...: Do you still receive bonus multi-bucks when you buy a higher bundle than the cheapest option? The game I'm referring to is The Finals. I just want to be sure, I was going to buy a larger bundle...
  5. Multi Player ?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Multi Player ?: Hi I’m new to Xbox (annd gaming in general) and just purchased an Xbox Series X with 2 controllers. I would like to play racing games with 2 players (in person) with 2 controllers (not online)....
  6. Multi player is not working with game share.. I can download the games of game pass but...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Multi player is not working with game share.. I can download the games of game pass but...: Multilayer not working with ganeshare.. I can get games just no live multiplayer?????. 9d51568e-d483-430a-9adb-82d456637708
  7. Why can’t my wife and I play multi player on snowrunner without paying extra?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can’t my wife and I play multi player on snowrunner without paying extra?: Wife and I bought Snowrunner because it’s multiplayer and seemed fun. Hit co-op and you need Live?! We’re using the same Xbox. Why can’t we play the game we bought together without paying extra?...
  8. I can't go on to multi plear on minecraft

in XBoX on Windows
    I can't go on to multi plear on minecraft: Why can I not go on multi plear on minecraft?? 63e6a667-5cd5-48bf-871c-d2b41ed1a0b9
  9. "Dolby Atmos" for Home Theater is shown as "Multi Channel In"

in XBoX Games and Apps
    "Dolby Atmos" for Home Theater is shown as "Multi Channel In": So i saw this old thread: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/xba_console/dolby-atmos-not-working-xbox-one-x/4cb6eb9f-9627-42e9-a268-9bebc0300b35?page=4 It came to the conculsion that...
  10. Dolby atmos not working and receiver showing multi channel in.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Dolby atmos not working and receiver showing multi channel in.: Just got my dolby atmos system up and working however games and streaming apps are showing that atmos is available but the xbox is only outputting multi channel. I've seen that this may be due to...