MTU Error Xbox 360 (Does anyone know what this is?)

Discus and support MTU Error Xbox 360 (Does anyone know what this is?) in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So, when I got my Xbox 360 S, I connected it to my phones Personal Hotspot. For a few months it was working completely fine, until it just stopped... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by LJRetro, Jun 9, 2023.

1. LJRetro
    LJRetro Guest

So, when I got my Xbox 360 S, I connected it to my phones Personal Hotspot. For a few months it was working completely fine, until it just stopped working and every time I try and connect, it says MTU Error. With the 1st option to be disconnecting the router for 5 minutes and reconnecting it and the second going to a website that doesn’t even exist anymore.

I tried a factory reset, I tried clearing the cache, I tried everything. Even disconnecting my old devices from my hotspot. But, it can’t seem to work. My Xbox 360 started acting up when I was going to buy Xbox Gold one day. It then said I couldn’t buy it. I searched up the error code and it said something about a ridiculous amount of money? I can’t fully remember.

Ever since then, I wasn’t able to connect to Xbox Live. And I can’t even Connect to Xbox Live anymore because I deleted my account and even the latest system update. Thinking that would fix it. So, I’m on the first version of the Xbox 360 Dashboard, I can’t make an avatar, use my Kinect or update the system. I don’t know if I’ve been banned or something. Was it a console ban? I’m not exactly sure. So I’ve lost my Xbox Live account and all the games I bought. But that’s entirely my fault. If anyone can help me with this MTU Error stuff, it would really help! I can provide as much information as needed! (Sorry if this is missing a lot of key information I don’t know about any of this.)

:)

LJRetro, Jun 9, 2023
  2. CarTzy Win User

Hello,

If you will still be having issues after performing the troubleshooting, you may reach out with our live support team by following the guide below.

1. Please use this link: Contact us | Xbox Support
    2. Scroll down and look at the lower left side if you can see the page matches the country/region you are currently located.
    3. If not, please select the country/region it is showing and select the correct one among the list.
    4. Make sure to use to check the available contact times of the support.
    5. Select the "Contact Us" button
    6. Select the drop-down menu options that will match your concern.
    7. The next window will provide you with support articles based on your request and we recommend reviewing the relevant articles before selecting the "See contact options" button.
    8. On the final window, you will be presented with multiple options. We suggest selecting either the "Chat online" or the "Request a call" options to speak with someone. Be sure to provide as much detail as possible.
    9. If you cannot get connected to the support, please use the Virtual Agent and enter this exact phrase, "Talk to an agent".
    10. Should you encounter same issue and have an error message please let us know so we can forward your findings to the Internal Support Team.
  3. LJRetro Win User

Hello,

I appreciate the suggestions, but, it still seems to not be working. I might try again though….thank you!
  4. CarTzy Win User

Hello LJRetro,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I can see that you are getting an MTU error on your Xbox 360 console. Based on my research, this error pertains to your device being unable to communicate with other devices on the web. Getting an error related to Xbox Live Gold is relevant.

A network port lets your Xbox One console communicate with the Xbox Live servers and other Xbox One consoles over the Internet. Please reach out with your ISP and have them check if the listed ports below are open.

• Port 88 (UDP)
    • Port 3074 (UDP and TCP)
    • Port 53 (UDP and TCP)
    • Port 80 (TCP)
    • Port 500 (UDP)
    • Port 3544 (UDP)
    • Port 4500 (UDP)
    Note Some game developers require you to open additional ports.

Please see: Network ports used by the Xbox network on the Xbox console | Xbox Support

I also found an article that relates to this issue and was answered by Mimori 775. Kindly check the troubleshooting steps she provided on this thread: Xbox 360 can't connect to internet: MTU error - Microsoft Community

Please let me know if this helps. We will be waiting for your reponse.

Thank you for choosing Xbox.
  5. Miss Ermine Win User

Can't log in to xbox live

6. Miss Portia Win User

MTU issues

Hi Sassy! Sorry to hear that, but we can get you fixed up. :) Just so I know what you've tried, can you take a look at our

guide on MTU errors
    and let us know if any of that has helped? Thanks!
Thema:

1. MTU Error Xbox 360 (Does anyone know what this is?) - Similar Threads - MTU Error 360

2. MTU error

in XBoX on Consoles
    MTU error: always connected my Xbox 360 to the internet via my phone hotspot. My old internet provider was a lil slow, so I changed it. Today I passed to the new one, and my console doesn't connect anymore...
  3. MTU error

in XBoX on Consoles
    MTU error: When I try to connect to my internet (wireless or wired) I keep getting a MTU error. What does that mean and how do I fix it? bc727101-dd9a-4927-a4e0-a06fe43df57a
  4. Getting an MTU Error after Friday update

in XboX Insiders
    Getting an MTU Error after Friday update: Is anyone getting an MTU error when testing the multiplayer connection? I'm not able to get into any multiplayer server for any game at this point. I've gone through all of the steps to remedy...
  5. Xbox 360 can't connect to internet: MTU error

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 can't connect to internet: MTU error: What happened: we went on holiday for a week, leaving all gadgets at home unplugged from the mains electricity. When we got back, the Xbox 360 could no longer log on to Xbox Live. All our other...
  6. Mi xbox 360 dice error MTU [My Xbox 360 says MTU Error}

in XBoX Accessibility
    Mi xbox 360 dice error MTU [My Xbox 360 says MTU Error}: Mi xbox me dice error MTU [Translation - My Xbox 360 says MTU Error} 5fa1b8b9-756d-4e45-8496-d956e987a131
  7. MTU error with 4G box

in XBoX on Consoles
    MTU error with 4G box: Hello, Following a move, I changed the internet provider and am now on a box 4g. Unfortunately, the xbox one does not seem to be compatible with this kind of connection because the MTU are too...
  8. MTU ERROR

in XBoX on Consoles
    MTU ERROR: Ok so I’ve read damn near every MTU post on this website and none of them worked. I’ve called my ISP and they said it wasn’t the WiFi. DO NOT SAY TO RESET MY CONSOLE IVE TRIED EVERYTHING I had it...
  9. xbox 360 mtu error (I am sure that the mtu is grater than 1364)?

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox 360 mtu error (I am sure that the mtu is grater than 1364)?: error status code W: 0000 - 000B X: 0000 - F001 Y: 0000 - 0000 Z: 0000 - 0000 ID: 0003 - 0000 L: 8015 - 190E Q: 8007 - 0435 T: wired A: 192.168.1.102/255.255.255.0 G: 192.168.1.254 D:...
  10. Xbox 360 can't connect to internet; MTU error

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 can't connect to internet; MTU error: Recently, my 360 began encountering an MTU error when connecting to the internet. After numerous attempts to correct the issue, it still fails to connect. I'll provide the details of my setup, as...