MSFS quits after Ready To Fly after Sept 21, 2022 update!

Discus and support MSFS quits after Ready To Fly after Sept 21, 2022 update! in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, after the last FS2020 update on 9/21/22 my game just quits as soon as I hit "Ready to Fly" button. The game launches fine, all updates in place... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by TonyR-, Sep 23, 2022.

1. TonyR-
    TonyR- Guest

Hello, after the last FS2020 update on 9/21/22 my game just quits as soon as I hit "Ready to Fly" button. The game launches fine, all updates in place including Xbox app, Windows store, WU, and MSFS game of course, but after selecting the world map departure, arrival, plane, as soon as I'm ready to actually fly and press "Ready to Fly" button, the app just crashes and quits (no error message).

After crash, when I relaunch, I get the option to start to Safe Mode or Normal. Regardless of what I choose, the issue reproduces.

This is a new phenomenon and only thing I can think of is your mandatory update on 9/21/22. Please assist.

msfs version 1.27.21.0

Winver: Win 10 latest. 64bit. (21H2 OS build 19044.2075)

Display: Nvidia GeForce GTX 770. DX12

NOTE: No defects in system otherwise.

:)

TonyR-, Sep 23, 2022
  2. TonyR- Win User

Frightening and alarming are the best way to describe it. In normal games, we'd be celebrating a free update after spending weeks to find the workaround ourselves, but with the 40th anniversary update coming, many of us are actually dreading it...go figure, right? Thanks to their abject lack of compatability testing (for systems that meet or far exceed the requirements!) and no follow-up fix/support until paying customers find debug it. LOL (and/or cussing). How did we find the workaround? I contacted the official support. After several days of doing all sorts of the circus and sending them the data, and trying everything under the sun, nothing worked. Then different customers started weighing in with different fixes, some worked partially, some didn't help at all...combine all that, and hit the sweet spot where it worked for me. Might not work for everybody still and not ideal as you'll lose your logs and other settings as I mentioned from my experience but at least the effing game you paid for is playable again despite their MANDATORY BUG INJECTION.
  3. TRON1982x Win User

This worked! Thank you for posting this, I was going crazy.
  4. TonyR- Win User

Good to know! That's what they told me too. Beta is another way of testing their software for free by paid customers after they fired truck load of quality testers. The other fix in the meantime that kinda works is to reset all cloud data associated (see previous replies for the command) however it will remove all custom settings, joystick mappings, even aircrafts downloaded (but maps seem to stay)...not a fix but a hack. This is a clear example of a good core software muffed up by devops in deployment design and cost cutting to make the CEO look great.
  5. SeanO1818 Win User

My son has also been having this issue since the most recent update.

Deleting his cloud save is the only thing that has worked for us, and allowed him back into the game. It works for a few days, then we have to do it again. Please do this at your own risk. My son did not care about his flight log or achievement progress, he just wanted to keep flying.

Again, do this at your own risk!

https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com...38-All-versions-How-to-delete-your-cloud-save
  6. TonyR- Win User

It's definitely not the video card! I just spent $500 on a newer card (which was not really necessary because my previous card was working perfectly fine and already was above their system requirements)...and guess what! Same problem! CTD only after "Ready to Fly" in World Map (BTW, Activities, Trainings "Ready to Fly" work just fine).

The sim is beautiful when it works...too bad that they don't seem to do adequate backward compatability testing! Their updates continously break previously perfectly working app in the exact same system that is already above their system requirements. Keep replying to the official tech support thread (if you get any reply) and demand an ETA for the fix or money back!

Tried everything possible, imaginable and sent all required information to MSFT support. No luck, Last I heard from them is that there may be a fix in the works in the next beta (in a week or so?)....yeah, we'll see.
Thema:

1. MSFS quits after Ready To Fly after Sept 21, 2022 update! - Similar Threads - MSFS quits Ready

2. code 0x89235106 when attempting to install MSFS

in XBoX on Consoles
    code 0x89235106 when attempting to install MSFS: Trying to download and install MSFS after purchase through MS store. Receive error code 0x89235106 This is occuring on a network where the resource is likely blocked. What resource/ip addresses...
  3. Can i reinstall windows without deleting my game name msfs, it is not downloaded in c drive...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can i reinstall windows without deleting my game name msfs, it is not downloaded in c drive...: Hey there i bought a game which took me 30 hours to downloaded, becuase of less space on c drive i downloaded it on h drive,rn my windows is driving me crazy i want to know if i reinstall the...
  4. i need step by step instructions on how to install msfs from a disc drive

in XBoX on Windows
    i need step by step instructions on how to install msfs from a disc drive: I purchased a sealed copy of msfs deluxe version. I started disc 1 and it ran for many hours and finally stopped so I started disc 2 and it ran for many hours. Was I supposed to anything else...
  5. Error code when trying to start MSFS

in XBoX Accessibility
    Error code when trying to start MSFS: When I try to start my Microsoft Flight simulator I get an error code 0x80070490 "Something went wrong launching your game". Please advise how I can fix this error....
  6. Can I use a VR headset to play msfs (flight sim) on a Xbox X. If yes, which VR headset...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I use a VR headset to play msfs (flight sim) on a Xbox X. If yes, which VR headset...: Can I use a VR headset to play msfs (flight sim) on a Xbox X. If yes, which VR headset would you recommend ? e2fb82fc-6a51-40a1-b136-2731426204cf
  7. MSFS 2020 black screen

in XBoX Games and Apps
    MSFS 2020 black screen: So whenever I attempt to teleport to cruise in MSFS 2020, it displays a black screen that can only be stopped by Turing the computer off. The only time I’ve experienced this was with 3rd party...
  8. Can I post a MSFS question

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I post a MSFS question: I have purchased a Mustang P51D Man o War some time ago which I flew successfully. The last 2 times I tried to fly it it will not accelerate passed 2500 RPM and the motor stops. I have tried...
  9. Throttle response in Xbox Gamepass in MSFS

in XBoX on Consoles
    Throttle response in Xbox Gamepass in MSFS: I have two installs of MSFS; one in Steam and one on Xbox Gamepass on my PC. I also have a Winwing Orion 2 HOTAS. This HOTAS works great on the Steam install. On the Xbox GP install it has a weird...
  10. No keybinds on MSFS?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    No keybinds on MSFS?: I try to play MSFS without a controller (kb and mouse) but there are NO keybinds at all. is this a glitch? or do mi have to MANUALLY set EVERY key?? 92e3b6c9-52e4-43ed-a25b-3cbf565290df